scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

Between The Worlds - HO Game

[Post New]by scotcat on Oct 9, 08 1:26 PM
Just bought it over at... lalalalallaaaa at 50% off.

It has it's faults, but I liked it since it at least had some challenge to it.
32 levels
9 mini games
3 wizard traps

I'm sure I will be the only one who likes it.

memaw7
Marlin
Marlin
8,628 Posts

Re:Between The Worlds - HO Game

[Post New]by memaw7 on Oct 9, 08 2:40 PM
I like it, will get it bacuse it's 50% off, otherwise I'd have waited for it here.

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Oct 9, 08 2:42 PM
I gave up on the download for this one. Was taking about a half hour, each time, and that's unacceptable. No game is worth that speed of download when I have high speed internet.

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Oct 9, 08 5:17 PM
Tried the demo, reeeeally didn't like it. No relaxed mode and unclear clues and objects inside other objects forced mis-clicks which resulted in time penalty. That's pretty much kiss of death for me. Also had "twitch" mini-games (not sure if it was a bonus or required) that required fast clicking so that too is a big no-no for me. Happy to not hafta buy it for more or wait for it here.

Now Wizard's Pen I'm still hopin' for...

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 9, 08 8:04 PM
dtouchton wrote:youlost
Ahhh - iWin I don't go there- they like to install caca on your computer.

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Oct 10, 08 12:57 AM
prpldva wrote:
dtouchton wrote:youlost
Ahhh - iWin I don't go there- they like to install caca on your computer.

Uhmm, no it doesn't. I have their game manager and about 7 of their games. No viruses and no more added hardware then BF. As a mater of fact, BF always gives me an extra icon when I download a game which ends up in the recycle bin.

I just did a scan on my iWin game manager & games.... no viruses, spyware or adware found. I have found that buying from them now is as easy & safe as BF.

As far as timers go - bring them on baby! I love the challenge which keeps the game from becomming mind numbing. I can do any Azada puzzle in 2 minutes or less now. And I am 1/2 way through my 4th time playing 4 Elements. LOVE that game! When they come out with a revised version (with a relaxed mode), I won't be downloading it.

The $3 difference is pocket change really, so if I want to play a game now instead of waiting, it's worth it for me.

I liked Wizard's Pen except all the typing parts. It made my upper back and shoulders hurt. Plus, my left hand wasn't free for

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Oct 10, 08 3:03 AM
I did some checking for a list of the top 2008 Anti Virus protection and got this list in case anyone is interested.

Shield Deluxe * - A

CA - B+

BitDefender - B+

Norton - B+

Kaspersky - B

NOD32 - B

Panda - C+

McAfee - C+

Trend Micro - C+

dtouchton
Manatee
Manatee
4,156 Posts

[Post New]by dtouchton on Oct 10, 08 6:59 AM
I don't have any of those. I have Webroot. It wouldn't let me download this game.

ghost777
Narwhal
Narwhal
33,167 Posts

[Post New]by ghost777 on Oct 10, 08 7:26 AM
We have kaspersky sounds good. thanks.

Edited on 10/10/2008 at 7:26:26 AM PST

WinonaCook
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,870 Posts

[Post New]by WinonaCook on Oct 10, 08 7:51 AM
I have Avira AntiVir both at home and on my work computer.

shadowdiana
Shark
Shark
14,943 Posts

[Post New]by shadowdiana on Oct 10, 08 9:31 AM
I use webroot and AVG. I had no trouble, dtouchton.
I haven't tried to run it yet, tho.

mummypops
Koi
Koi
80,817 Posts

[Post New]by mummypops on Oct 10, 08 12:10 PM
I want to play it, but with all the pros and cons, I think i will wait for BFG (Hope you are listening) he he

dtouchton
Manatee
Manatee
4,156 Posts

[Post New]by dtouchton on Oct 10, 08 12:35 PM
shadowdiana wrote:I use webroot and AVG. I had no trouble, dtouchton.

You know what I discovered, shadowdiana? THere is a gamer button on the first page of webroot. It was clicked on so or off (?) so I couldn't download from them.

I clicked it and downloaded this game. When I finished I clicked it again to turn it back on. With BFG I don't have to do that.

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Oct 10, 08 2:21 PM
orlandomiki wrote:I probablly have a good 30 games from IWin and no problems....Only had the glitch from a scan which AVG admitted was their mistake and not IWins...I run 3 antiviral software programs so if there was a problem sure they would have picked them up...

Yeah, from what I am reading on the Internet, I think it's a person's virus protection program having the problems and not iWin. I usually don't defend iWin since their customer support isn't all that swift, but I don't want to see them get a bad rap for something that isn't their fault either.

I prefer to deal with BF since it's #1 overall, but if I want a game (at a decent price) and BF doesn't have it, I will buy it elsewhere.

shadowdiana
Shark
Shark
14,943 Posts

[Post New]by shadowdiana on Oct 10, 08 3:06 PM
dtouchton wrote:
shadowdiana wrote:I use webroot and AVG. I had no trouble, dtouchton.

You know what I discovered, shadowdiana? THere is a gamer button on the first page of webroot. It was clicked on so or off (?) so I couldn't download from them.

I clicked it and downloaded this game. When I finished I clicked it again to turn it back on. With BFG I don't have to do that.

Thanks dtouchton !
I never noticed that button, but mine must have been off.
May turn it on now !

susielee
Minnow
Minnow
256 Posts

[Post New]by susielee on Apr 5, 09 9:47 AM
Don't like this game AT ALL! And I love HO games. I wouldn't accept it if they wanted to give it to me. Nothing about it was pleasing. The scenes were much too cluttered and unclear. The objects didn't relate to anything. The music was very annoying. They should take lessons from "The Serpent of Isis" THAT was a PERFECT game!

melisten
Manatee
Manatee
3,783 Posts

[Post New]by melisten on Apr 5, 09 10:00 AM
cesse47 wrote:Has anyone played this one beyond the demo? Can we get a little more of a review on it? Thanks.

I have had this game 3mos now - have to go back and play again - refresh my mind - get back to you - coarse I play as slow as I type-LOL

suzangh
Shark
Shark
10,217 Posts

[Post New]by suzangh on Apr 5, 09 10:13 AM
I played 15 minutes but so far I kind of like it. Not a "love it" just yet, but haven't played enough to decide. LoL

[Post New]by crusher56 on Apr 8, 09 5:42 PM
Has anyone had problems with a jumpy cursor in this game? It is really annoying trying to click on objects with a shaky cursor.

bfgAegean
Catfish
Catfish
1,568 Posts

[Post New]by bfgAegean on Apr 9, 09 11:14 AM
Hello everyone! I just thought I’d pop in and let you know that I’ve gone ahead and moved this discussion to the forum that we have set up for Between the Worlds. You can find a list of all our individual game forums by clicking here.

Happy gaming!

Go to: