bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

Your comments and reviews for 3 Cards to Dead Time!

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Feb 27, 10 9:44 AM
Hey Fishies!

What do you think of 3 Cards to Dead Time? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and reviews in this thread! Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

Edited on 02/27/2010 at 9:49:17 AM PST

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

Re:Your comments and reviews for 3 Cards to Dead Time!

[Post New]by mhatfie on Feb 27, 10 10:29 AM
Tried this game for 10 minutes but did not like it. Too dark and boring. Would like to see more large file adventure games on big fish rather than so many boring hidden object games.

kithain
Lobster
Lobster
86 Posts

[Post New]by kithain on Feb 27, 10 10:30 AM
IMO not worth buying. I almost didn't even play out the free hour. Kind of a neat concept for the hidden objects, and the storyline was intriguing, but the continual interruption of the game play by the ENDLESS cut scenes that tell the story, was way beyond aggravating. Find 3 objects, get a cut scene; find 5 objects, get a cut scene! I don't know why the game developers chose to tell the story this way, but it's too bad they did. They should have put the cut scenes at the beginning or end of the chapters, not every five minutes throughout the game. By doing it this way, the game developers insured that I at least wouldn't be purchasing this game!

Graphics- ok. Voice acting- pretty poor. Music- decent. Storyline- intriguing. Gameplay- absolutely horrible.

kit

meisie99
Minnow
Minnow
291 Posts

[Post New]by meisie99 on Feb 27, 10 11:33 AM
I LOVE THIS GAME! I am a huge fan of this type game and have only seen it once before in 3 Cards to Midnight. The game play is pretty much the same. There is a lot of story in this game which I really enjoy. The graphics are good, finding objects goes from easy to medium to hard. The voices are really good.

There are many movie clips to watch, voice over and subtitles, and it's a continuation of 3 Cards to Midnight with a new 'mission'. There are seven chapters and each chapter has three cards, each card is a new scene and one of the cards will have a puzzle. At the end of each chapter is also a puzzle. The puzzles are medium to hard.

This game can be very challenging to play. There are two levels, relaxed and challenging. If you watch all the movie scenes and read all the text, it is a very long game. I personally watch and read everything. The beginning and first chapter took me 40 minutes.

The only complaint of the game and it could just be my computer, which a year ago was top of the line..., is the time it takes to go from scene to scene. After a movie clip there is a bit of delay for the next screen to appear. But this I can live with.

This is one of those games that you will know in the first hour of game play whether or not you love or hate it. I LOVE it and am off to buy it now.

[Post New]by songsmith2003 on Feb 27, 10 12:00 PM
Count me in as another who loved this game! I demoed (and purchased because I could not wait) this game from the developer.

There is a ton of story (dialog) that IMO only adds to the atmosphere of the game. Obviously, that's not everyone's cup of tea, so keep that in mind. I also don't believe the demo gives you a true feeling for the scope of the game.

I was already quite fond of Jess and her boyfriend and the PI and mom and dad and the tarot guy from the first game. It was a lot of fun to see her background explained even more.

Instead of finding an object from a list, you're given a category and need to find items that fit into that category. This is a little bit easier than in 3 Cards to Midnight (there you were given a word and had to find items that fit with the word [e.g., honey to go with the word moon]). I actually liked the first game's clues better, but I understand it didn't work as well with non-English speakers.

I like a good backstory in my games, so i had absolutely no problem--quite the opposite--with the amount presented in 3 Cards to Dead Time. For me, it's a keeper!

[Post New]by qweenlady on Feb 27, 10 2:37 PM
What a boring game to much talking. I will not buy it.

SublimeOne
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by SublimeOne on Feb 27, 10 3:56 PM
I think this is either a love it or hate it game. Nothing in between.

Count me in the hate it group. Awful. Way too much talking and even clicking the space bar and the skip button just got so annoying and repetitive I couldn't stand it.

I got to the end of the actual game play with about 10 mins to spare on the demo because I skipped all the blah, blah, blah. But the thing just wouldn't end. Kept asking me questions and on and on...

The really sad part here is that the actual game play, the way you choose objects by category or connections, is really interesting to me. It's one of the things I liked in the previous 3 Cards game. But this one just takes the concept in a really bad direction, IMO.

Anyway, definitely NOT a keeper for me. Glad others like it but it's Delete City here.

chillygirl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by chillygirl on Feb 27, 10 4:11 PM
Huh..I agree. The interuptions are really a pain. Hard to really figure out what you're doing with all those interuptions!!!! I played for less than 10 min before deleting..

Edited on 02/27/2010 at 4:13:06 PM PST

Mistickel
Lobster
Lobster
92 Posts

[Post New]by Mistickel on Feb 27, 10 4:13 PM
Wow was this one horrible for me. Game ran slow (the game, not my computer). WAY too many story cuts, every 3 or 5 objects was ridiculous and super annoying! On the mini-game, the puzzle pieces didnt glow or click in. I had no indication if they were in the right place until I completed the whole thing. I couldnt wait to delete it.

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on Feb 27, 10 4:37 PM
meisie99

You said it all and said it so well. I truly love this game and can hardly wait unitil Monday to start a new card with this one. LOL .. have filled 2 already this month.

I get so tired of HOGs that are look for things just to be looking for things. I like the way here that items are related to each other. ie, train, air plane, car.

I like the story. This is like reading a book, can hardly wait unit I get to the end of the book to see how it ends, yet enjoying it to the point I do not want it to end as I am enjoying to so much. So many games the voices are very irritating ,,, not this one. I played Midnight after testing this one about a month ago. I personally like Dead Time better and hopfully there will be a 3rd one.

This truly gets a Seattle two thumbs up.

Edit:

So glad March has finally arrived so I could purchase Dead Time. My first game on my first card for March ... yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Edited on 03/01/2010 at 12:27:49 AM PST

[Post New]by indigo_ladybug on Feb 27, 10 4:38 PM
Not for me thanks!
it lags, BIG time
no way to remove custom cursor, no way to adjust sound. HELLOOOO! options?

A lot of dialog. I just clicked skip, whatever! deleted after 5 minutes. The cursor pretty much did it for me. and yes, all my files are up to date.

also, I had NO clue what this game was about until it clicked, oh yeah like that show on tv. (!!!)

nope, no thanks. I AM glad some of you enjoyed it tho.

Your comments and reviews for 3 Cards to Dead Time!

[Post New]by MistyByU on Feb 27, 10 5:06 PM
bfgZambezi wrote:Hey Fishies!

What do you think of 3 Cards to Dead Time? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and reviews in this thread! Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!
This game is boring. Tried it for 15 minutes and quite. to much dialoge and story telling. Don't bother

qwerty4
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

[Post New]by qwerty4 on Feb 27, 10 5:40 PM
I find this hard to even consider as a game. Find a few objects and dialog. Then more dialog and yet more dialog. Every few seconds a new cut scene and then, yep, more dialog. Very little to do except sit and listen. IMHO frustrating and not even worth trying the demo.

peeshee_1951
Stingray
Stingray
5,444 Posts

[Post New]by peeshee_1951 on Feb 27, 10 6:00 PM
I've been waiting for this one for a while. I was very happy to see it as TGT. Only issue I have is cursor is really jumpy and sounds like speakers are broken(lots of static). New batteries in mouse so I'm sure it's that stupid custom cursor that they keep putting in games just to make it look cool and turning down volumn didn't help the crackling speaker problem. This stuff should have been fixed before releasing to public. I love this story, not a lot of people will like this game but I do. Everything else ran fine and story had a twist I didn't see coming. I like that you can 'choose' a different ending so that does give some replay.

Edited on 02/27/2010 at 6:02:33 PM PST

Annie522
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

[Post New]by Annie522 on Feb 27, 10 6:41 PM
mhatfie wrote:Tried this game for 10 minutes but did not like it. Too dark and boring. Would like to see more large file adventure games on big fish rather than so many boring hidden object games.

I totally agree. Too many hidden object games - to the point where there's nothing truly original. I'd like to see more large file games. Even Mortimer Beckett's latest adventure was so not worth the wait. Bring on more large file games.

Thanks for reading,
Annie

ebbalytle
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by ebbalytle on Feb 27, 10 6:41 PM
Well I just played the demo on this one and on its predecessor, 3 Cards to Midnight. I have thoroughly enjoyed both of these games and was really sorry when time was up. I think I really need to buy them so that I can finish this story... or get as far as these games let me get at any rate.

I guess these are the type of games that you either love or hate. Personally, I found myself hurrying through the game part to get to the story again and see what happened next. I'm as into the story as I was the game part. Perhaps more so.

The games are both well thought out, as is the story. I had no technical problems at all and found the scenes reasonable. I also wasn't bothered by the story interruptions because to me it made sense where they came in. Finish a section and you got a bit more story. Each section brought a new piece. Three sections for each scene. The story itself is intriguing enough that I looked forward to seeing it.

These are truly different games because of the way the story unfolds... which isn't a bad thing IMHO! I'm lovin' them both.

Annie522
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Re: 3 Cards to Dead Time - wasn't too thrilled with it.

[Post New]by Annie522 on Feb 27, 10 6:46 PM
This seemed to be a game I'd like, but almost from the first I found it much too confusing (meaning the storyline). And too much going back and forth between finding objects and the cut scenes telling the story! Then between the past, present and future -- couldn't tell where I was in the story at all.

I like hidden object games (tho there are much to many of them and not enough large file games for me) but this game was just too disjointed for me to buy.

Thanks for reading,
Annie

RainbowElf
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by RainbowElf on Feb 28, 10 12:32 AM
This game made me very , just when you thought it was going to get going there was yet another dialogue scene to skip past.

It seemed more like an interactive book with puzzles far and few between.

Was there really any need for hints in this disappointment?!

The mini-game puzzle things are written in a way that a nuclear scientist would find it hard to decipher, most of them I skipped just because without a nights worth of sleep I am not in the mood for understanding this complexity.

Very bad game and not one I would ever consider buying even if it was the only game on earth!!

rlk0045
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by rlk0045 on Feb 28, 10 4:36 AM
This game puts me to sleep. Boring!

[Post New]by nykelli1843 on Feb 28, 10 4:47 AM
Hate it.

Go to: