bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Bridge to Another World: Alice in Shadowland Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Aug 4, 16 6:55 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Bridge to Another World: Alice in Shadowland Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Bridge to Another World: Alice in Shadowland Collector's Edition.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Bridge to Another World: Alice in Shadowland Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Aug 4, 16 8:12 AM
I beta tested this game some time ago and have been waiting for it's release ever since! Whilst the story is familiar, it's done in a way that doesn't make it feel like something you've done a hundred times before. What seemed like a much longer demo lasted 84 minutes for me.

I like everything about it; the HOS are nicely done, the puzzles are varied and fun to play, the graphics are colourful and clear, voices are mostly well done (although Alice's sounds quite flat with not much inflection), the map transports and there are collectibles/morphs to look for. The game also has 4 modes of play including custom. There's no alternative to the HOS but I didn't mind. There is a repeating puzzle, a type of Match-3, which is used throughout the game. It can get a bit tricky!

I bought this game using yesterday's sale code! Unfortunately I can't d/l it yet as I don't have enough data left from my monthly allowance Never mind, it gives me something to look forward too in 6 days time! Best CE demo I've tried for some time

No technical issues with the demo. Desktop running Win7 Prof 64-bit.

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Bridge to Another World: Alice in Shadowland Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by jennsmom on Aug 4, 16 8:27 AM
I also did a Beta test and loved the game. It started out a bit confused, but once I got the hang of it, it was fascinating. Good graphics and a nice and different take on Alice, which is a favorite story in my family.

Possible Spoiler (highlight):

My notes say, "I've just had a Drink Me potion and escaped the Princess' soldiers by riding on the back of a pelican!"

So, I have to find out what happens next! Purchased without a second thought. Hope the game works as well as the Beta.

smck325
Squid
Squid
67 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Bridge to Another World: Alice in Shadowland Collector's Editio

[Post New]by smck325 on Aug 4, 16 9:31 AM

Edited on 08/05/2016 at 2:42:26 PM PST

kandinsky
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

wonderland and shadowland

[Post New]by kandinsky on Aug 4, 16 1:07 PM
It might be suggested that notes on Lewis Carroll and ways to use the wonderland characters were really not what is wanted in a review space so though tempted to make proposals in that direction i will not, though I wonder a little how others feel about the use of these characters. is it a creative and pleasing , extending our vision of these wonderful creatures from mad hatter to chesire cat?... all old friends from childhood of mine and of so many, must they really be divided into heroes and villains? is that the only way to tell a story in HOPA form?
large questions but

I will just say in review that indeed it is as biscuitmama says a very well made game in the genre as it stands, and I expect to continue playing it...

It seems to me stronger than previous games in the bridge to another world series and to have very fine graphics and flow of action. It is good to see a developer in fact... developing... going on to new levels of presentation!

Edited on 08/04/2016 at 6:01:03 PM PST

heleanthia
Guppy
Guppy
170 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Bridge to Another World: Alice in Shadowland Collector's Editi

[Post New]by heleanthia on Aug 4, 16 1:58 PM

Edited on 08/05/2016 at 2:41:27 PM PST

[Post New]by biscuitsmama on Aug 4, 16 2:01 PM
Although I love the game and am thoroughly enjoying as much as I could until I hit a glitch, I have to always take the words of my very wise friend Kandinsky to heart. He says it very well and hopefully, a cry that is heard over and over again by developers and BFG, will be taken to heart by them and we can look to some fresh ideas in the future.

As games go, this development team has created a game that is really very good, although a bit rehashed, and one that I am finding fun to play. I happen to love the beautiful graphics and the HOPS even though some items were a bit hard to spot. The puzzles are not all that difficult but still fun to play and do fit into the storyline so I don't get that feeling of "oh, we need to put a puzzle here and a HOP there."

It looks like many of you are liking this game a lot since it is seldom that there are 11 out of 12 5 star reviews on the game page - something that doesn't happen all that often.

Happy gaming my friends!

lionscat
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by lionscat on Aug 4, 16 4:59 PM
I just started playing the demo and I already want to buy it. Gorgeous and fun to play

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Aug 4, 16 5:29 PM
So, I have spent all day playing this game - now on the Bonus Game - really enjoying it......... alas - all I got done today was 1 load of laundry and made lunch for the hubby (and supper as well)........

Really enjoying this game - no glitches (on win 8.1 32bit) - graphics & voice overs were awesome - hint and map system are perfect (when needed) and pretty quick to refill.

Really enjoyed this game. will go back and re-download the previous "Bridge to another world" games and re-play those.

[Post New]by nontechiegrannie on Aug 4, 16 6:48 PM
Sorry, I have to disagree with previous reviewers but this is a dreadful game. Lewis Carroll must be rolling in his grave.

The Alice in Wonderland tale has been massacred & turned into a very boring story line. There were just too many characters, creatures, shadows etc. The graphics are amateurish & murky with that awful blue coloring throughout.

The HOS were surprising good but the puzzles were not challenging at all.

The game just lumbered on & I had to call it quits.

You'll definitely want to preview this game before buying & decide if you really want to follow Alice over bridge.

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Aug 4, 16 8:13 PM
well, I guess we all have our own opinions on games. I liked it - others won't. everyone has their own taste in games. I love HOPA games (pretty much that's all I will play), but some I just can't get into and won't buy. So I guess we will all just enjoy what our individual likes are.

I base my decision on buying a game by playing the demo. I don't base my decision on other's opinions - never have, never will. Yes, I like to scroll through comments and reviews - but I do try the game for myself - sometimes I agree with the comments, sometimes I don't.

What can I say - I am enjoying this game

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Aug 4, 16 8:21 PM
whatever anybody says - I really enjoyed this game - I'm into the bonus game right now - I have enjoyed everything about this one.

Beingknown
Salmon
Salmon
2,670 Posts

Holy Bandersnatch!

[Post New]by Beingknown on Aug 4, 16 10:27 PM

GREETINGS FELLOW FISHIES!

I am taking a quick dip into the pond today to share my thoughts and feelings about 4 Friends Games newest offering, “Bridge To Another World: Alice In Shadowland”

I found this game to be interesting, entertaining and enjoyable from start to finish. From the original and somewhat haunting score, to the enjoyable puzzles and interesting HOP scenes, there is much to enjoy in this game. Blending the classic characteristics of our much loved Alice stories with the modern twist of the digital era, we search between worlds utilizing both magic and our smart phone!

The graphics were lovely, with brightly saturated, deeply hued colors. Even the HOG scenes are well drawn and have interesting interactional components. The drawings within scenes were well developed and nicely detailed and it was entertaining to be able to touch various objects and have them change form in response.

I liked having achievements to earn and items to collect. In this game we collect 37 cards, earn 20 different achievements and locate 30 morphing objects. Towards that end, the map was nicely detailed and indicates available actions, collectible cards, morphs, tasks remaining and even length of time you’ve been playing the game.

The game played smoothly without any glitches and offers a nice balance between straightforward adventure aspects and relaxing mini games. While for my personal tastes, I would have appreciated a greater degree of challenge in the puzzles as well as an alternate game to the HOPs, I nonetheless fully enjoyed playing this game.

HAPPY GAMING! ~B

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Aug 5, 16 2:46 PM
Hi Everyone,

The Forum Moderation Team definitely appreciates everyone who takes the time to post their reviews and feedback for our games. However, I do want to ask that people please make sure to keep the Review Guidelines in mind while posting in the review threads. According to the initial post from bfgBellerophon:

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

We request that people please keep this thread reserved for reviews of the game only. This helps us to keep it tidy and organized for everyone who wants to use it or contribute. If people have questions or non-review comments, please feel free to create a new thread in the forums or to PM one of our active Moderators. We're always happy to help.

Thank you for your understanding.

bfgPanthalassa

MsNetty61
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by MsNetty61 on Aug 7, 16 11:27 AM
Totally enjoyed this game from
start to finish! Even bothered with the Bonus Game, which I don't always do and enjoyed that too!!
I loved characters from the book becoming part of the game, not just as cutesy creatures or a nod towards the names, they really fit their profiles!!!
More of the same please and I'll be buying straight away. I liked the first BtAW, but less impressed by the second, which made no sense to me....
Cards to collect, morphies, great graphics and nice voiceovers. The music was lovely and fitted the mood. a good all rounder. Got very little done this w/end, but worth every minute!
Try this one, I hope you love it as much as me!

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Aug 9, 16 12:41 AM
(Bought and played main game) I have had a hard time summing up my feelings about this game and the best I can up with is that it is a fine game masquerading as a great game. By this I mean that the visuals and production value are really high with little extras thrown in (scene interactions are rather amusing even though they don't affect gameplay - they're just for fun) but the play itself is rather lacking. Repeat HOS are a huge turn-off for me, and within that were some glitches where I could try an item multiple times with no result but the hint let me do exactly what I just did 5 times. No achievement for that, if that's important to you. Mini-games were fine; some back-and-forth, some "why does this item work on that problem?" but not so glaring as other games. Ripping apart the original Lewis Carroll doesn't really bother me; I found that rather creative. So this has been a kind-of non-review I suppose, so it really is a try for yourself. If you really enjoy high-production then this game is fantastic; if you want a little more junk in your think trunk then I would give it a second thought, or at least a better sale.

As always, enjoy yourselves fishies!!

gamenast
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Bridge to Another World: Alice in Shadowland Collector's Edition

[Post New]by gamenast on Aug 14, 16 5:20 PM
I enjoyed this game. I love morphing and hidden objects. But I wish that developers wouldn't make us wait so long for the morphing change. This game's morphing is on the long side. But I DO like that it tells me how many morphs and objects are in any scene, something sadly lacking in most games.

On the negative side, the music is atrocious. Most of the time it is a boring, repetitive motif. I appreciate games with great musical scores.

Spoiler alert:
Horrible ending.

Edited on 08/15/2016 at 1:39:02 PM PST

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Bridge to Another World: Alice in Shadowland Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Yaelle on Sep 1, 16 3:59 AM
Love it! I have not played the full thing yet - I suspect that I'm somewhere between 70-85% of the way through the game, however.

It takes a lot for me to try out a HOPA, and I rarely enjoy them, but the ones that I do like I like enough to make it worth trying to find other excellent ones. And I think that barring a possible awful ending (which I have just JUST read here may be a possibility!) I think that I can say that with the theme, the gameplay elements & the really unique soundtrack, this is one of those good enough for the mainstream gamer games.

Edited on 09/01/2016 at 4:00:04 AM PST

lil_chickadee
Minnow
Minnow
248 Posts

[Post New]by lil_chickadee on Dec 26, 16 1:58 AM
Just played the demo and I like it. To those moaning about Lewis Carroll I say: take this game the same way you take the Edgar Allan Poe ones. Play the game, enjoy the nod to the original and admire the creative directions game developers can take with familiar characters and well-known story lines.
I liked the ability to bring over the achievements from the screen edge and see if there are any more cards or objects in the scene.
I thought Rabbiton and the other characters were quite charming.
It's a HOPA, not straight adventure, so there are lots of hidden object scenes.
So the minigames weren't impossible....they were fun and different and didn't get in the way of the story flow cause it took you 2 hours to fight a soldier.
I'd say give this game a try. I found it quite entertaining.

Go to: