bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Bridge to Another World: Alice in Shadowland CE here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Aug 4, 16 6:55 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Bridge to Another World: Alice in Shadowland CE here.

[Post New]by lauralpurcell on Aug 4, 16 11:37 AM
hi I'm running windows 10 and another game that is a black screen with the blue circle going round and round this is the 4th games that has done that must be the same publisher now the demos work please help

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Bridge to Another World: Alice in Shadowland CE here.

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Aug 4, 16 12:31 PM
Hello lauralpurcell and biscuitsmama,

Thanks for taking the time to report these issues you are experiencing with this game. When technical issues do occur, we generally recommend taking a look at our Help Pages as the steps located there are able to resolve most technical issues quickly. The following help pages might be able to assist for working with Windows 10 or when the game is displaying improperly:

Windows 10

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

We certainly want to help get your games working properly and I apologize if it seems that we are not offering the assistance you would like. If you find the help pages above don't seem to address the issue or if you would just like personalized assistance, please reach out to our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps are working as hard as they can to help everyone who asks for assistance getting their games running, and they're always happy to help.

If you find that you received an automated message rather than the assistance you want for the issue being experienced, please be sure to reply directly to that message to escalate your request. Our Reps will definitely reach out and follow up with you as soon as they can and provide as much specialized help as possible.

Thanks for your understanding and patience everybody, and please continue to post any technical issues you run into or if the issues you are seeing change. The Forum Moderation team will be sure to report this information to the appropriate teams so they can be investigated further.

bfgIlinalta

nflynn
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by nflynn on Aug 4, 16 1:35 PM
in a ho scene and cannot sew star..it keep saying wasting fabric and will not let me sew when clicking the start button on every angle!

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Aug 4, 16 2:07 PM
no tech issues at all - using win 8.1 (32 bit). almost done the main game. IMO - still too many "glitches" with win 10. Plus I've been re-playing a number of my older games and highly doubt they would run on win 10.

sparkers2005
Guppy
Guppy
121 Posts

[Post New]by sparkers2005 on Aug 4, 16 4:26 PM
I agree judy I tried windows 10 I had nothing but problems with it. I went back to windows 8.1 everything is fine now.

Linochka
Starfish
Starfish
52 Posts

[Post New]by Linochka on Aug 4, 16 6:04 PM
windows 10.no problems what so ever until game simply tossed me out after trying to paint in the semetery. No freezing ,no error messages. Game just shut itself off .Very strange...

heletia
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by heletia on Aug 4, 16 6:59 PM
I have a brand new PC with Windows10 (64bit) and when I try to open it, I only get a black screen with the circle going around. I can then only shut the PC down at using the switch at the wall. Once I got an error message saying 'Access Violation' that appeared briefly. I have uninstalled it and restarted my pc three times, but it keeps happening.

I have sent you an email with the Dr Felix Report attached. Hope it helps.

This is such a shame the game looks great.

Edited on 08/04/2016 at 7:16:32 PM PST

[Post New]by silverfairy31 on Aug 4, 16 7:41 PM
I got an access violation error and the game crashed, after I attempted to put the sewing machine medallion on the sewing machine, in the Hatter's shop. Attempted to restart the game and got the same error and the game crashed. I will try to make another profile, which is very frustrating since I'm over half-way through the game.

Edited on 08/05/2016 at 9:46:17 AM PST

winemumsy
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by winemumsy on Aug 5, 16 2:04 AM
I have the same problem as silverfairy 31. I am running OS X Yosemite 10.10.5. I have uninstalled and reinstalled but the game won't even open now, I just get a game shut unexpectedly message.

[Post New]by mcleansd on Aug 5, 16 7:50 AM
Excess violation game crashes.. Very frustrating

[Post New]by japgem89 on Aug 5, 16 8:49 AM
Also getting the access violation while playing a HO, reloaded repeatedly and the same thing happens

HERE'S A SOLUTION FOR THE BUG IN THE HATTER'S SHOP!

[Post New]by silverfairy31 on Aug 5, 16 12:50 PM

Before you click on the glittering HOG scene, place the feather medallion on the cage, which will give you a sewing machine medallion. Once you get the sewing machine medallion, place it on the sewing machine and this will open the HOG scene.

IF YOU DON'T DO THIS, AN ACCESS ERROR OCCURS AND THE GAME WILL CRASH. THIS IS A BUG IN THE GAME! THE HOG SHOULDN'T BE AVAILABLE WITHOUT THE SEWING MACHINE MEDALLION, BUT IT IS! IF YOU FOLLOW MY INSTRUCTIONS, THIS BUG WON'T OCCUR! I HAD TO START A NEW PROFILE TO TEST OUT MY THEORY, AND LUCKILY IT WORKED!

4mybirds4
Salmon
Salmon
2,663 Posts

[Post New]by 4mybirds4 on Aug 5, 16 2:12 PM
I also have an access violation and the game crashed. Tried restarting, only to have it crash again. Windows 10

elboranch
Guppy
Guppy
102 Posts

[Post New]by elboranch on Aug 5, 16 3:08 PM
Its really sad that I have to restart this game and remember to do this before that to finish ! Please fix this !!!!! I wont be continueing game until I get an update !!! Not going to restart !!!!!!

satchel49
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by satchel49 on Aug 5, 16 4:54 PM
so, since i didnt use the feather first and get the sewing machine emblem and do another HOG my game refuses to let me play again? weird but worth a try to do over...i have uninstalled this game 3 times and all 3 times it freezes as SOON as i hit play...will try other way and let ya know thanks for heads up!

UPDATE: went under a new profile in game...went to hatters shop and the box was glowing...i ignored it until i found the sewing machine...BUT it did not let me use it before the window opened up to a HOG then again...then it let me apply the sewing machine and WHAM it crashed again...i so hate to start this over for the THIRD time! i honestly think a FIX is needed here!

Edited on 08/06/2016 at 9:11:11 AM PST

lordofys
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by lordofys on Aug 5, 16 9:30 PM
I did use the feather first. Then put the sewing machine emblem in place. HOG opens then game crashes. Brand new iMac with up to date system software. 10.11.6 Looks like a fix is necessary.

Yaelle
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,317 Posts

[Post New]by Yaelle on Aug 5, 16 10:31 PM
went to purchase & it said 2 game club credits applied. Firstly - is that a new thing? The ability to do that? Just days ago I had been lamenting about my inability to use credits for games that cost more than one & all of a sudden, this!!

But anyway I want to know how i can tell WHICH credits have been applied. I probably have more than two. So..... ???

My question is sort of technical - certainly doesnt belong in the reviews section. Not sure where else to put it & I LOOOOATHE having to contact customer service for literally every question or issue I have. 98% of the time, these forums either cannot answer or fix an issue, or they're just not a helfpul way to get assistance.

1357wc
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
453 Posts

[Post New]by 1357wc on Aug 5, 16 11:33 PM
Yaelle wrote: went to purchase & it said 2 game club credits applied. Firstly - is that a new thing? The ability to do that? Just days ago I had been lamenting about my inability to use credits for games that cost more than one & all of a sudden, this!!

But anyway I want to know how i can tell WHICH credits have been applied. I probably have more than two. So..... ???

My question is sort of technical - certainly doesnt belong in the reviews section. Not sure where else to put it & I LOOOOATHE having to contact customer service for literally every question or issue I have. 98% of the time, these forums either cannot answer or fix an issue, or they're just not a helfpul way to get assistance.

Are you talking about the game credits you get once a month for being a member? You can cancel using them by unchecking the box next to the price, especially if there is a good sale on.. It will automatically apply the oldest game credits first. Once you have two it will apply then to your CE game automatically.

Since it isn't an SE then that is all that can be applied. The free game coupons you get for buying CE games can only be applied to SE games.

[Post New]by curiousme on Aug 6, 16 4:57 AM
I have a brand new PC laptop running window 10. Got to very close to the end of the primary game and received an access violation. Tried restarting, received the same. Uninstalled and reloaded received access violation as soon as I hit the play button. Very sad. I am wondering if it is having problems with windows 10 as I see so many posts with the same issue. It can't be drivers as we all have different computers, I am sure, plus I see more than one other "new computer" out there. Please let us know when this glitch is addressed/fixed. I see a couple of folks saying they went to windows 8 with no problem. Sorry, but I am not going to change my OS just to play a game. I think the games need to be compatible with current OS, especially a new game that I just purchased. BTW, I have also been playing many old games on windows 10 and am not having problems. Thank you!

Edited on 08/06/2016 at 5:00:19 AM PST

Go to: