GoddessOdd
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

Incomprehensible

[Post New]by GoddessOdd on Feb 27, 10 6:50 PM
3 Cards to Dead Time is less a game than it is a crappy movie, cut into segments and played in random order, with additional dialog hooking the scenes together. For every minute of time you spend playing, you will spend ten minutes or more wading thru dreary dialog. The characters are icky looking...Jess, the main character has the hair of a corpse, and the teeth to match. This game seems to reluctantly allow you to come up with "things that make smoke...with teepee being one of them!" and allowed you to find a few things before cutting back to dialog, which you can not skip, to bring you to the video, which you can skip. Maybe because I began skipping the video is short order the game rapidly ran downhill. I found the first game incomprehensible, and even the mini-games that were straightforward by that time had ceased to be fun.

I bought the first game, 3 Cards to Midnight, despite the creepy CG characters, because I liked the word association aspect, At least the first one was fun, there was actual game play involved, and it seemed to have a logical flow. For the life of me I can not remember much about the dialog in the first one, except that I thought the ending was incredibly stupid, but then, who buys games for the great dramatic flair? I wanted to like this game, but I am giving it a 3 out of 10...I made it thru 30 minutes before deleting.

Rkatidid
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Re:Incomprehensible

[Post New]by Rkatidid on Feb 27, 10 8:27 PM
I too, think this is a horrible yucky movie, with women depicted as tits, and malfunctioning to boot. I think there is some merit to the style of hog, and that should be developed, but get the immature men off of the graphics, for they are a real turn off.

Go to: