bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Farm Mania 2 technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Feb 28, 10 3:02 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, p lease get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Edited on 03/10/2010 at 2:55:23 PM PST

Re:Farm Mania 2 technical issues

[Post New]by kerreville on Feb 28, 10 4:20 AM
Tried demo but only played for 20 mins, got to level 3 as the game played in slow motion all the way through. Don't know if its my pc or game, but on this evidence, no way would I buy. Anyone else having this problem?

cathy1200
Guppy
Guppy
115 Posts

[Post New]by cathy1200 on Feb 28, 10 4:47 AM
I am. Also whenever I clicked more than one task at a time, it would do it in order of closeness to the character rather than in sequence of clicks. Only lasted 8 minutes before deleting. I need to buy one more game today to fill my card and really wanted to like this one.

[Post New]by webozo9 on Feb 28, 10 4:47 AM
i have the same problem with the slow motion

cyndihugs
Salmon
Salmon
2,926 Posts

[Post New]by cyndihugs on Feb 28, 10 8:02 AM
It's not BF, the problem lies with whoever made this game as I have the same exact problems as the rest of you and I did not buy FM2 from BF. A lot of people are having problems with this game. (read the forum over at GH), even though there was a patch or something made for this game, it did not, as you can see, take care of the slowness. I wish whoever made this game would fix it!

cathy, as far as clicking on more than one task at a time...are you double clicking on any of the other tasks? Double clicking will cancel out your other tasks and take you to the one you double click onto.

Flounder, this game needs a patch from the people that made it. I've had it since it first came out, several months ago. It is the game, not anyone's computer and especially not BF game's fault. (if you even want to use that word...fault). This game is so slow, that if it had a race with a snail, the snail would win and have time for a nap before this game crossed the finish line, it is that bad.

Put it this way...I'm on a level...doesn't matter which level and say on 'this level' you have 5 minutes to complete it to get bonus time/point, I can complete it in under 5 minutes (remember this is game time now), but....it took me well over an hour to do it! That is uncalled for and that is putting it mildly.

Hopefully someone from BFG's can get ahold of whoever put this game out and get a patch for it, well shoot, that's not gonna help me though since I didn't buy it from here. (well I would of, if BF would of gotten it the same time as a couple of other game sites) LOL

Good luck and welcome to the pond, kerreville~cathy~webozo

eidica2
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by eidica2 on Feb 28, 10 8:19 AM
Just so you know BFG Flounder...you are going to get lots of complaints about the game running in slow motion after level 8......In level 9....a snail could go faster than Anna and Grandpa! Very frustrating as I liked the game. Doesn't seem to matter if you line up tasks or not.
It's not BF's fault...the same thing happened at GH. I wrote them several times and even sent in the Diagnostic tests....their experts can't seem to figure out what the problem is. Maybe your experts are better?

GP56
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by GP56 on Feb 28, 10 11:01 AM
I just wanted to add my comments to those of people who really wanted to like this game but can't because of the slow motion issue.

I purchased and enjoyed the first Farm Mania game and can run it (and any other game I've tried) without a problem, but I perceived the slow motion issue at the very first level and, until it's fixed, it's more frustrating than enjoyable.

I am willing to try any suggestion to improve my own computer's performance, but if it is a problem with the game itself here's hoping the developer can get it fixed!

Rage74
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by Rage74 on Feb 28, 10 11:35 AM
I'm also experiencing that "slow down" effect. It's beyond annoying and until it's fixed I won't be purchasing this game from anywhere. However, I really like the game otherwise: seems more challenging than the first one, and more features too.

[Post New]by galapagos6 on Feb 28, 10 12:36 PM
I too, am having issues with the game running very very slowly. I gave up on a level because I was 20 minutes into the level and the game timer was only at 1 minute 30 seconds. I really do like this game, and would love to hear if there will be a solution to this issue....especially as I have already purchased the game.

bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Feb 28, 10 1:16 PM
Hey Fishies!

If you're having trouble with this game running in slow motion, it's possible there might be a technical issue that our testers may have missed, or it could be an issue that tech support could help troubleshoot.

If the suggestions mentioned in the original post have not helped, I definitely suggest writing in to tech support to let them know you're having trouble. This way we can gather more information to find out if this is a glitch that can be fixed. To contact a rep, you can hop in to Live Chat if you're a Game Club Member, or you can shoot an email to Customer Support , and a CS Representative will be more than happy to help you out.

Hope this helps!

-bfgZambezi

[Post New]by mmt12505 on Feb 28, 10 3:25 PM
I have been waiting for this game for awhile. My problem is everything is shifted to the right, so I am missing some of the menus. Anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this? I have tried playing with my screen resolution and that does not help.

bethjudy
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,207 Posts

[Post New]by bethjudy on Feb 28, 10 5:10 PM
Anyone having trouble getting this game to download? My download is incredibly slow, then it stalls out on saving file. I have had this problem before, but thought it was resolved.

[Post New]by ready2play on Mar 1, 10 2:30 AM
I am having the same problem and have downloaded the game from 2 different web sites and still have the same problem. The game runs in slo mo.Shockwave ignored my issues and even deleted my reviews on the game even though they were not nasty in any way so they have lost me as a customer. I hope they work the kinks out on the game because I was really looking forward to this one after the first one came out. Doesn't anyone test these games first to see if there is a problem?

[Post New]by Clematis_es on Mar 1, 10 3:57 AM
I am having the same sort of trouble. Everything went well until about chapter nine: slow motion from then on. Can bigfish post a solution? or give's our money back?

Fransje66
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,217 Posts

[Post New]by Fransje66 on Mar 1, 10 4:53 AM
On my 4 year old pc l have the "famous" super slow motion problem.

On my half year old laptop l have no trouble at all: the game runs proper, smooth and fast.
lts a lovely game -- l'll buy it. lt does get difficult fast though.

sazz1571
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by sazz1571 on Mar 1, 10 2:25 PM
Having the same trouble i want a refund please

bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Mar 1, 10 3:06 PM
Hey Fishies!

For those of you who are experiencing the slow motion issue in Farm Mania 2, I want to encourage you to to please send in a Dr. Felix to our tech support department. The more information we can gather about this issue, the better chance there is that it will get fixed, and we need your help!

Dr. Felix is a diagnostic reporting tool the tech team uses to get a lot more specific information about what is happening with the game. If you're uncomfortable completing the following steps, I want to urge you to contact Customer Support for more specific help.

Click here to start Dr. Felix

1. Select ‘Run’ or ‘Save File’ to download the Dr. Felix file to your desktop.

2. Next, open the ‘DrFelixBigFish’ file.

3. Once you’ve agreed to the terms, Dr. Felix will start gathering information.

4. Wait for Dr. Felix to finish, then click the ‘Next’ button.

5. A .zip file, named ‘DrFelixResults’ will save to your desktop.

6. Attach the zip file to your support ticket. You don't have to open the .zip file if you don't want to, it's already collected the information it needs.

Click here for information on how to attach a file to your support ticket.

I want to reiterate that if you're uncomfortable with any of the above steps, just shoot an email to Customer Support or hop in to Live Chat if you're a Game Club Member, and a CS Representative will be more than happy to help you out.

-bfgZambezi

Rage74
Squid
Squid
60 Posts

[Post New]by Rage74 on Mar 1, 10 4:02 PM
Fransje66 wrote: On my 4 year old pc l have the "famous" super slow motion problem.

On my half year old laptop l have no trouble at all: the game runs proper, smooth and fast.
lts a lovely game -- l'll buy it. lt does get difficult fast though.

On my home PC, which is running XP, the game runs horribly slow.

My work PC, which has Windows 7, the game runs just fine.

Perhaps it's a RAM issue. My Windows 7 PC sports 4G of RAM, while my XP one is just 1G. But still...with 1G....it shouldn't bog down so much.

[Post New]by great_blues_hero on Mar 1, 10 6:01 PM
I think there's a bug with level 19. The chickens just won't reproduce. I've tried it like 5 times and I get all the other goals, but can't get the baby chicken.

[Post New]by fredgooser on Mar 1, 10 8:34 PM
I THOUGHT THAT I WAS HAVING THE ONLY PROBLEMS WITH FARM MANIA 2 BUT AS I STARTED READING SOME OF THE FORUM LETTERS I REALIZED ITS NOT JUST ME BUT MUST BE THE GAME ITSELF. THE EXTREME SLOW MOTION OF THE GAME IS VERY ANNOYING. SOMEONE NEEDS TO GET IN TOUCH WITH WHOEVER IT IS THAT HANDLES THIS ISSUE. WANTED TO PURCHASE THE GAME, BUT IN ITS PRESENT CONDITION THATS NOT GOING TO HAPPEN.

Go to: