Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Labyrinths of the World: Stonehenge Legend Collector's Edition here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Aug 6, 16 12:36 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 08/06/2016 at 9:21:59 AM PST

bwake47
Starfish
Starfish
40 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Labyrinths of the World: Stonehenge Legend Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by bwake47 on Aug 6, 16 9:09 AM

Edited on 08/06/2016 at 9:29:08 AM PST

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Labyrinths of the World: Stonehenge Legend Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Aug 6, 16 9:21 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Labyrinths of the World: Stonehenge Legend Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Labyrinths of the World: Stonehenge Legend Collector's Edition.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Labyrinths of the World: Stonehenge Legend Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Aug 6, 16 9:32 AM
Hi Everyone,

The Forum Moderation Team definitely understands the frustration and annoyance that spam posts in the forums can cause. However, we do want to ask that people please make sure to keep the Forum Rules in mind while posting. Specifically:

Do not respond to or comment on posts or discussions that break the rules. Report the post or discussion to a moderator. Contributing, even to mention that something breaks the rules, keeps that discussion visible and aggravates the problem.

Currently the spam posts must be manually deleted and the posters banned each day. In order to streamline this removal process we request that people please refrain from commenting on or discussing the spam. This helps us to make sure the posts are deleted as quickly as possible, and keeps the forums tidy and organized for everyone.

Thank you for your understanding.

bfgPanthalassa

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Labyrinths of the World: Stonehenge Legend Collector's Edition he

[Post New]by jennsmom on Aug 6, 16 10:57 AM
I was unimpressed with the Beta, but decided to try a demo, anyway. Things can improve, after all. Still, I don't like the artwork which is full of garish colors, including a rather astonishing pink, and it's not easy on the eyes. The music is loud and intrusive. Yes, I could have turned it down or off, but the music is part of the game. I do have other Labyrinths of the World, but I can't see getting this one, unless perhaps, it's the SE with the coupon. Between the colors and the music, it's just a no buy.

MsNetty61
Guppy
Guppy
190 Posts

[Post New]by MsNetty61 on Aug 6, 16 11:20 AM
Arghh! You are so right, jennsmom! Far too busy and bright!
I have two others in this series and I don't remember them being quite like this!
A "no buy" for me, even with an offer on!
Also, I can't remember having sparkly bits on the inventory when there's a morphy or statue to pick up....I know I play on easy/casual mode, but I do like a bit of a challenge.

MissMoraduke
Guppy
Guppy
198 Posts

[Post New]by MissMoraduke on Aug 6, 16 11:44 AM
I played for an hour, busy and bright doesnt even cover it, I had to quit because I felt like I was on a weird trip, how much strange stuff can they pack into one game, the lady talking then goes on to sneezing and coughing, really, I felt like I would catch what ever she had, this is one strange game,, I wanted to buy it, I think I did the Beta on it and even stopped with it then, well hope others like it, play and see for yourself.

nightkat1
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by nightkat1 on Aug 6, 16 1:06 PM
Is it just my computer? I'm not finding game reviews on the main page like I used to. Just wondering.

thistle809
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Labyrinths of the World: Stonehenge Legend Collector's Edition

[Post New]by thistle809 on Aug 6, 16 2:53 PM
nightkat1 wrote:Is it just my computer? I'm not finding game reviews on the main page like I used to. Just wondering.

nightkat1 - Reviews on the game page are not posted immediately as they are in the forum; they are sent to for review first (to supposedly check for "appropriate-ness"). Look to see if it says somthing like, "Be one of the first to review this game" under the game's title at the top of the page. That is usually displayed until at least one review is posted and it can take 48 hours or so (longer on weekends and holidays) to have any given review shown on the game page. Hope this helps.

Edited on 08/06/2016 at 2:54:41 PM PST

judy76073
Clownfish
Clownfish
531 Posts

[Post New]by judy76073 on Aug 6, 16 3:12 PM
well, I for one, have been enjoying this game - i'm about half way through - will keep me occupied for another several hours. Yes, some of the colors are a bit brilliant, but personally, doesn't bother me. I'm just enjoying the fact that I have another new game to play.

Cheers all - and hope everyone has a great week-end !

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Labyrinths of the World: Stonehenge Legend Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Aug 6, 16 7:14 PM
Hi all! Well, we have #4 in this series. Yes, I have them all. As always, I mostly review on the game play, rather than the story, as others do a much better job than I can on that piece of the game. I love this series and this addition is no exception. I beta tested this one and couldn't wait for it to come out. Can you guess what kind of review I'm going to give it? Excellent graphics, very clear and crisp. Game play was also quite good, with no problems during the demo, and the scene fit my large screen very well. Colors are very clean and bright, very true. Animation is exceptional, with perfect mouth and eye movements. Actually surprised me when I clicked to pick up the gloves and I actually put them on and not just in my inventory. Very well done. I really like how the incorporate your name into the game and not just a "Jane Doe" character. Voice overs are age and character appropriate and they use words bigger than "if, and or but." Even showed emotion, urgency, etc. Nicely done as well. Do be aware that there is a very bright light when you travel through the portal. Nope, haven't seen any snakes or spiders yet either.

HOPs are nothing new, but they are very clean and clear and items are not difficult to find. I may have missed it, but I did not see that you would switch to something other than HOPs. These were well done, so I found no need to switch anyway. Loved the way the puzzles were set up. You have the option within the puzzle to play easy or hard, not just one size fits all. There are some puzzles in games that I just don't care for...in this one, easy is real easy, so I didn't skip any. I got so engrossed in the game, I can't even tell you if the hint transports you or not. Hint is very helpful when you need it. SG is the standard.

Lots of collectibles, which I really like in a game. We need to find 20 artifacts, which are not easy to spot, as some are quite small; 17 character statuettes which are not difficult to find; 35 morphing objects which morph quickly so be on the lookout; 83 marsh lights which are easy to overlook. Not quite sure what the lights do, but I'm going to find out.

This game in the series is probably the best so far. The story is well done and easy to follow. I really got into the game from the very beginning and was quite disappointed when the demo ended. It is not extremely challenging, but there is enough challenge to keep you moving and interested. I rarely give 5 stars to any game unless it is exceptional. Well, as much as I love this game, it still does not get 5 stars...it gets 4.75. I think all levels of players will find this one fun and challenging. You bet I'm buying it!

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this one at all. Thanks for the reviews.

Edited on 08/06/2016 at 7:22:56 PM PST

fluffyalso
Guppy
Guppy
139 Posts

[Post New]by fluffyalso on Aug 7, 16 9:16 AM
I have a headache after playing the demo. Wanted to like the game. Liked the premise and game play but hated the graphics. Too Too much of everything. Lots of collectables which were interesting to find for the most part. But did not like the puzzles. Too much keep clicking till it works kind of thing. Might buy the SE later, on sale, and play for short periods of time. My advise is to certainly try it. You might like it.

CiChDa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,972 Posts

[Post New]by CiChDa on Aug 7, 16 10:13 AM
I rarely post anything anymore for reviews, but these Dev's did an outstanding job making sure we had a great gaming experience.

So nice to have the little icons on the inventory bar to show you the many extras that you might have missed. I especially appreciated that, as then if I want to use the SG, I don't have to go there to look.

As i said in the main page review, i was not too fond of the color scheme they used, but that could just be my own taste.

I recommend that you try this game, they did good.

tookat
Flounder
Flounder
2,099 Posts

[Post New]by tookat on Aug 8, 16 7:41 AM
I never thought I would say this of a game, but.....it is like going to a buffet and there are forty desserts, eighty main courses......and hundreds of side dishes.

I love looking for hidden objects, morphers etc......but these were too easy to find....and too many, and every second I was getting game pop ups congratulating me for something.

I find the use of color to be garish......and too bright too look at. After fifteen minutes my eyes felt 'burned out' and I had after-glare for a while more.

Instead of feeling bored to tears (which rarely happens to me) I left the game feeling absolutely overwhelmed....and with no desire to go back into it.

I think people should try it....that is the only way of knowing for certain it is or isn't any fun for you....
But, I am going to skip getting this game.

Beingknown
Salmon
Salmon
2,670 Posts

Stonehenge Is More Than Just A Pile Of Rocks

[Post New]by Beingknown on Aug 8, 16 10:37 PM
GREETINGS FELLOW FISHIES!

I am taking a quick dip into the pond today to share my thoughts and feelings about Domini Games’ newest offering in the Labyrinth series, “Labyrinths Of The World: Stonehenge Legend”.

The graphics were absolutely beautiful, with brightly saturated, deeply hued colors and wonderfully high contrast. The drawings within scenes were well developed and nicely detailed.

I found the mini games and puzzles great entertainment, with just enough challenge to make me pull my thinking cap tightly down upon my head, without causing me to actually pull out any of my hair.

I found the HOG scenes to be well drawn and not too much of a strain for my older than average eyes. Having said that, I very much appreciated having the option of playing a “Match 3” game instead.

I loved having 35 morphs, 17 statuettes, 20 artifacts and 83 “marsh lights” to discover. I also really enjoyed that we could use our marsh lights to purchase fanciful and wonderful magic creatures for our “zoological garden”.

I appreciate all the little extras to be found in this game, such as items responding to our touch and our “Detective identification badge” actually using our player user name. I also like that we are given an ongoing tally of our collectibles and that, if we so choose, the map will indicate whether or not a collectible remains within a given area.

Overall, I found this game quite entertaining and recommend it enthusiastically.

HAPPY GAMING! ~B

woodentot
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,391 Posts

Stonehenge Is More Than Just A Pile Of Rocks

[Post New]by woodentot on Aug 10, 16 5:32 AM
Beingknown wrote: GREETINGS FELLOW FISHIES!

I am taking a quick dip into the pond today to share my thoughts and feelings about Domini Games’ newest offering in the Labyrinth series, “Labyrinths Of The World: Stonehenge Legend”.

The graphics were absolutely beautiful, with brightly saturated, deeply hued colors and wonderfully high contrast. The drawings within scenes were well developed and nicely detailed.

I found the mini games and puzzles great entertainment, with just enough challenge to make me pull my thinking cap tightly down upon my head, without causing me to actually pull out any of my hair.

I found the HOG scenes to be well drawn and not too much of a strain for my older than average eyes. Having said that, I very much appreciated having the option of playing a “Match 3” game instead.

I loved having 35 morphs, 17 statuettes, 20 artifacts and 83 “marsh lights” to discover. I also really enjoyed that we could use our marsh lights to purchase fanciful and wonderful magic creatures for our “zoological garden”.

I appreciate all the little extras to be found in this game, such as items responding to our touch and our “Detective identification badge” actually using our player user name. I also like that we are given an ongoing tally of our collectibles and that, if we so choose, the map will indicate whether or not a collectible remains within a given area.

Overall, I found this game quite entertaining and recommend it enthusiastically.

HAPPY GAMING! ~B

I agree with you Beingknown, I am enjoying this game.

Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

[Post New]by Bartsister on Aug 19, 16 6:52 AM
Based on completed game and bonus with no tech issues

I have been playing and loving Domini games for, I dunno, 5 or 6 years now and I always have a good time with them. This particular game is no different.

I wasn't going to review this one - except I had to post about the Monty Python thing. How many times can I say, it is just fun to jump into the worlds that this developer creates? I guess a lot. There is a light heartedness and a feeling that they don't take themselves too seriously that makes this developer's games stand out for me and why I enjoy these games so much. Because they are just supposed to be fun. And fun I do have playing them.

Note to any Monty Python fans: There is a nice little Holy Grail element that pops up in this game that really made me smile.

The colors are indeed striking in the beginning. I believe to create the stark contrast between the two cursed worlds at play here. It calms down as you go, if that bothers you.

The challenge level was varied. Puzzles start on the easy side, but you will see more difficult ones as you progress. I think you have to wait until the bonus game to actually be in a Labyrinth - but it is a nice and challenging one and most definitely worth the wait if you are into those kinds of things. If you're going to name your series Labyrinths of the World, you gotta have a maze.

Lots of collectibles and morphing objects. I like how each type had its own rooms and all the collectibles and morphs had connections to Druid and Norse stories and you got little blurbs about all the objects you pick up.

I really enjoyed playing this game and would recommend it most happily.

Aerosage
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by Aerosage on Aug 24, 16 10:44 AM

Edited on 08/24/2016 at 10:56:13 AM PST

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Aug 24, 16 12:03 PM
Hello everyone,

Thanks for taking the time to review our games and let everyone know what you experienced! I just wanted to swim by to remind everyone when posting to be sure to follow our Forum Rules and also this thread's Review Guidelines when posting here, specifically:

Treat others with respect. Harassing, attacking, threatening, provoking, calling unwanted attention to, name-calling, insulting, or bothering other users, moderators, or Big Fish employees on the forums will not be tolerated. Play nice.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

As stated in the Review Guidelines, Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review. So be sure to review only the game when posting to this thread or other Review threads on the forums. Furthermore, we ask that everyone respect one another while posting and try not to review each other's reviews on this thread. By following these rules, we can all help create an easily-accessible way for other players to discover games they would personally like.

Thanks everyone for your time and understanding, and if you have any questions, feel free to contact any of the active Moderators. We're happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

yowzasma
Clownfish
Clownfish
547 Posts

[Post New]by yowzasma on Aug 27, 16 6:40 PM
I just completed this find game and thoroughly enjoyed it, "garish colors" and all !!!

The Developers seemed to go out of their way to fill this game with so many extra touch's and I really appreciate the reminders for the collectibles

The only thing I didn't "whoopee" about was the number of mini-games but they were different and there was a choice between Hard and Easy which I like

If you are considering this game please read the many very well written positive reviews that un-cannily express my feelings about the game

out of 5 on my personal enjoy-ability scale

Played on desktop PC running Windows 10 factory installed with no problem

Go to: