Gramsmom
Minnow
Minnow
249 Posts

Finally Beat The Game

[Post New]by Gramsmom on Feb 28, 10 8:46 AM
I bought this when it first came out. I have finally beaten levels 63 and 64, I won!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

Re:Finally Beat The Game

[Post New]by _DD_ on Feb 28, 10 10:35 AM
Congratulations!
Isn't that a GREAT feeling, esp. with these 2 levels!

Gramsmom
Minnow
Minnow
249 Posts

[Post New]by Gramsmom on Mar 2, 10 9:23 PM
Yes!!

mdgram
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by mdgram on May 31, 10 5:09 PM
I FINALLY BEAT IT! Levels 63 and 64 were tough but I finally did it after 4 tries. I feel good!!!!

[Post New]by StevenScottOddba on Aug 3, 10 4:46 PM
You beat the game. NICE! Did you keep playing? The score keeps going up... and Up... and UP!!! I have MORE than 3 MILLION points so far!!!

mdgram
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by mdgram on Sep 15, 10 10:20 AM
Yes, Steven, I still play it and still love it. It's my "go-to" game and I play it quite frequently to break up the **** games.

arthurC
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

[Post New]by arthurC on Sep 26, 10 2:40 AM
Bully for you!

For me, this game has gone from being an enjoyable, challenging, but eminenently do-able game - to one I now hate.

I've been re-starting and re-starting and re-starting level 63 for THREE DAYS now, and I know I'll never master it because my poor arthritic fingers just CANNOT move quickly enough. And I know I'll never play it again because I know i'll never beat it.

This game should carry a health warning!
Jo

(ps. And I won't say where I wish that damn fairy should stick her wand, because I am a lady !!)

jkuci
Flounder
Flounder
2,447 Posts

[Post New]by jkuci on Sep 26, 10 2:54 AM

Its my absolute favorite match 3 variation game and I've beat it about 3 times...usually when I'm mad about something and extra fierce..

There is going to be another 4 elements game coming out soon I've heard...can't imagine it could be better, though.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Sep 26, 10 3:51 AM
I bought it when it first came out, loved it but after a week it was the game I loved to hate and gave up(not without a rant to the devs with everyone else). About a year later I happened to notice there was a rebuild making the end game a bit more doable. I won't say easy. I uninstalled and reinstalled the newer version and BY GOLLY I GOT TO THE END ON MY SECOND TRY.

Just goes to show some devs really do take the feedback seriously. I think they just slowed the timer down a bit. I'm not one who has to "beat a game" and had reached the point I didn't care. But what angered me is that I had never been able to read the rest of the story. It felt like buying a beautiful book with incredible illustration only to find the last few pages had been ripped out. It wasn't an easy game for me and I used a LOT of hints finding tiny fragments in HOGs and FTDs to progress back to the m3 flow. Until I get a larger monitor I'd like a sequel to be bigger fragments or items not wasting so much time on the minis. And, a slower timer option if there has to be one for us elders not so swift of hand. I think I had to stop for my blood pressure to get back to normal with that stress.

Have to say it is different, and we can all use more originality like this one with top notch production values. It's gorgeous, that's what kept me going anyway til surrender, then to try the rebuild. Thanks devs, one more game finished

Can't say it's my favorite M3, nothing has topped Paradise Quest for me, it has the timer option which can be used at any time in the game, and it is also a variation of m3s if you are tired of same old.

Edited on 09/26/2010 at 3:54:31 AM PST

arthurC
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
424 Posts

[Post New]by arthurC on Sep 27, 10 10:24 AM
I DID IT! I DID IT! I DID IT!

I finally did it.

Wow, what a fireworks show at the end .. it nearly blinded me!

And I take everything back I said about the delightful little forest fairy.
(I even found myself waving her a sad goodbye right there at the end ).

Great game
Jo
(I DID IT!)

_DD_
Flounder
Flounder
2,115 Posts

[Post New]by _DD_ on Sep 27, 10 10:39 AM
LOL, Jo! what a difference...

Congratulations on finishing!

and now that you know it can be done, I hope you'll keep enjoying it