bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

Your comments and reviews for Farm Mania 2!

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Feb 28, 10 10:06 AM
Hey Fishies!

What do you think of Farm Mania 2? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and reviews in this thread! Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

Re:Your comments and reviews for Farm Mania 2!

[Post New]by great_blues_hero on Feb 28, 10 7:11 PM
I played the whole one-hour demo for this game, and really liked it. I don't think I'm having technical issues (no slow playing or anything) but I have encountered a problem getting the chickens to grow up in time to complete the level. I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or if this is a bug?

But in any case, anyone who likes the farm-type time management games should like this one. It's challenging even in the beginning, and so far I'm liking it as much as the original.

I'm trying to decide whether to buy the game. Is anyone else having the problem getting the chickens to grow up, or am I just doing it wrong?

Jennypenny
Guppy
Guppy
158 Posts

[Post New]by Jennypenny on Mar 1, 10 12:13 AM
I played the one-hour demo and this game is better than the first one. It is difficult to finish the tasks (for me anyway) because Grampa moves slow. I haven't gotten to the chickens yet, but I have geese and sheep. The apple trees are a fun feature and I love the bunny that keeps popping up to eat my vegetables. I purchased the first one and I am going to buy Farm Mania 2. Thank you, Big Fish. This is a great game. I hope you explore the option of Farm Mania 3, as I'm a city girl who is turning into a country girl... at least on the computer.

GloomySunday
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by GloomySunday on Mar 1, 10 1:38 AM
I played the demo and then immediately bought the game, even though I had to game credit left and had already bought an extra game this month. Just mentioning this because that is something I rarely do.
I did like Farm Mania 1 well enough - not the best TM game in my opinion, but definitely one of the betters. And with Farm Mania 2, they made several nice improvements. The graphics are still stimple, which I don't mind. The background story (shown in 3 or so little clips between farms) wasn't very exciting, but I never pay much attention to the story anyway, unless it's really good.
What I liked a lot was that the game was more fast paced than the first version. It was still comparatively easy to get expert on almost every level, but boy, was I busy during those levels! So many things to do! I like it when levels are fast-paced like this.
Another good thing was the addition of several new features, such as Grandpa being able to grow mushrooms or get fish from a pond (an different kinds as well - very nice detail). It was a good mix of old products (i.e. products known from Farm Mania 1) and new products. One didn't feel lost but still there were plenty of new touches to give it a new game feel.
I was also very pleased that some of the animals were able to chase the "intruders" (rabbit, fox etc) away and that there was a scarecrow. In Farm Mania 1, the one thing that I really didn't like was this constant clicking on the rabbit or the crow. In the new version, this only has to be done occasionally, as those farm animals are feisty!
I don't know why they divided the buying and selling animals/upgrades thing up into four different places. I preferred being able to do everything at once without having to click from market to farm to shop to school. Also, that mini game where one has to find animals in the wood still is not too enjoyable for me, I don't quite see why that is still in. It doesn't bring much money and it's a bit boring. But those are the only two points I didn't like so much, and they are definitely minor points.
Due to having a cold, I played 56 levels in one day . I was surprised how quick the game went, it seems shorter than the old version (not level wise, but the whole duration). Maybe it just felt shorter because time races when you're having fun, doesn't it?
So, to sum up: I had expected less from Farm Mania 2. It was more innovative than I had thought, it was nicely fast-paced and very entertaining! Thanks for this game!

Edited on 03/01/2010 at 1:39:44 AM PST

pugmom2
Guppy
Guppy
108 Posts

[Post New]by pugmom2 on Mar 1, 10 8:59 AM
I have not had any technical issues with this game.
It is better than the first one and there is something new with each level.
I appreciate that I can play relaxed if I want to and not try and beat the clock.
Animals and upgrades are fun.
All in all - its a great game with lots or replayability (if there is such a word!).

musket577
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

Impossible Gold Levels

[Post New]by musket577 on Mar 1, 10 9:10 PM
One a player gets past level 10...it is basicially impossible to get a gold. Which, of course, makes it impossible to play the arcade levels. Very bad game design in this area. It is nice to just play casual. But I will probably not buy a 3. They need to play test their game better, and make gold levels possible.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Mar 2, 10 6:26 AM
I won`t buy this one. Its too similiar to part 1 and I can only buy 1-2 games (have already choosen Simplz Zoo as the wanted game). If you don`t bought the first part of the game is a good game for you. I don`t like also that the game has a timer.

[Post New]by tam3736 on Mar 2, 10 7:28 AM
this game is awesone. i played the demo and didnt have one problem them i bought it and im bout half way through and i still aint had no problem. so i def recommend this game to anyone who loves them farm games. good gamin ya'll

LindyMac
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by LindyMac on Mar 2, 10 4:22 PM
I like it, I haven't had any of the slowness issues people are talking about, which is good as usually if there's a problem I'll have it!! The only problem I have is sometimes when I've completed all the requirements for a level the game takes up to 10 seconds to realise it, several times this has made the difference between blue star and gold star and I've had to go back and re-do levels. I also dislike that you can only buy the shop and school upgrades when the game decides. Lol, now I've moaned more than I've complimented a game that I actually really enjoy
It is good, plenty going on, the animals are cute, I've managed expert on all levels in casual, I'm not entirely sure what the difference is between casual and arcade exept less time and a less accurate timer.

[Post New]by ready2play on Mar 3, 10 6:15 AM
I prchased this game using a game credit and now the thing moves so slow I can't stand to play it. If this cannot be fixed can I get my game credit back?

musket577
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by musket577 on Mar 3, 10 12:07 PM
I would just like the makers of this game to answer just ONE question. You made Farm Mania 1...then come 2. How do you get worse? Every other profession in the world, people get better as they do things. You get worse? WHY?
Refer to my earlier comment (and probably other reviews) on impossible gold levels.

musket577
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by musket577 on Mar 3, 10 1:03 PM
Did you know...that you can't even get 20% the way through the arcade level. Thank God you had the sense to make the casual mode or you would have ripped us off for 80% of the game!!!!!!!!!!!

[Post New]by great_blues_hero on Mar 3, 10 7:40 PM
Once all the technical issues were ironed out, I actually really liked this game. I liked the original, too. It's one of my favorite time-management games. The only thing I really don't like is those stupid bonus levels where you have to find the animals in the forest. I can never find them all and you don't really get much for finding them anyway. It would be much cooler to have better bonus levels, like an actual extra level of the regular game or something.

soymocha
Shark
Shark
11,574 Posts

[Post New]by soymocha on Mar 8, 10 8:29 PM
I am enjoying this game because it is not easy to get gold on every level the first or second time...

BUT, it is very frustrating to reach your money goal and animal goal in the time give for a gold star, but because the game takes SOOOOOO long to realise you've achived everything, you end up with a blue star.

[Post New]by SableJewel on Mar 11, 10 2:14 AM
I really like this game but everytime I play it my computer shuts down. Is anyone else had any issues like this. My computer didn't just shutdown before and it only does it when i'm playing Farm Mania 2. What am suppose to do I paid for the game I'd like to play it.

[Post New]by LindaF78 on Mar 11, 10 3:14 PM
I loved this second version but what´s really the difference between casual and arcade? I´ve just unlocked arcade and I think it looks the same? Is it supposed to be more difficult to get gold?

SpookyPigdog
Herring
Herring
306 Posts

[Post New]by SpookyPigdog on Mar 12, 10 7:16 PM
This is brilliant "farm" time management game. The first one was great; but the improvements in this one keep it edgy and build on the brilliance of the first one. Thoroughly enjoying every minute of it.

For hyper-active time managers who like lots of things going on at once, cute farm animals, and going against the clock to get the Expert rewards.

SpookyPigdog
Herring
Herring
306 Posts

Impossible Gold Levels

[Post New]by SpookyPigdog on Mar 12, 10 7:19 PM
musket577 wrote:One a player gets past level 10...it is basicially impossible to get a gold. Which, of course, makes it impossible to play the arcade levels. Very bad game design in this area. It is nice to just play casual. But I will probably not buy a 3. They need to play test their game better, and make gold levels possible.

I have gone back to levels after 10 and got the golds. I'm currently only missing 2. It just seems to be a matter of management (towards those goals, but still creating lots of stuff) and pre-empting which person will ask for what when.

[Post New]by tammydustin on Mar 13, 10 2:56 AM
i have not had ant technical difficulties just cant get enough money to get gold score on most of them

opiesmom
Squid
Squid
70 Posts

[Post New]by opiesmom on Mar 13, 10 9:22 AM
Great game, loved it! And no, it is not impossible to get gold on all levels. I finally made it but it takes lots of persistence. Try going back to the level you can't get gold on until you breed and mature enough animlas.
Wich BF had more of these games. Prtty much the only ones I buy because of the replayability. More value for my credits!

Go to: