StoreyGirl
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

Just finished "Rhiannon" LOVED IT!

[Post New]by StoreyGirl on Feb 28, 10 2:41 PM
I've heard that this is not a new game but it was new to me when it became a "new release" her at BFG. Mind you this is not a game for everyone, but I thought it was very intelligent, a real mystery- the kind of game you just need to know what's going to happen next and wonder how you are going to find the things you need...complex. but not impossible like some games (I did need to look at the walkthrough a few times- I may have been able to figure it out but couldn't wait - impatience!)

...for some, I've heard they don't like the way the game navagates and think it's a terrible story and blah blah blah- for those who want simple games that take no brains to play, this is not the game for you! It is a slow pace investigation into some paranormal kind of stuff. it takes a long time to complete- there are 5 stages and each one opens up a new area to play in. 5 STARS!

***By the way it is solely an adventure game, you are a friend of the family taking care of their farm, (Not your typical farm) and you wind up trying to figure out what is going on with the place...that's all I'll say- no HOG or puzzles but, that being said, really the whole game is one big puzzle!

scattycat
Flounder
Flounder
2,371 Posts

Re:Just finished "Rhiannon" LOVED IT!

[Post New]by scattycat on Mar 1, 10 1:16 AM
StoreyGirl - if you liked Rhiannon look out for one of their games called the lost crown - iprefered it to Rhiannon - more spooky - made me jump many times! Don't think it is available here though.

[Post New]by skiper123 on Mar 1, 10 2:27 AM
I thought that game was really neat too!

scattycat
Flounder
Flounder
2,371 Posts

[Post New]by scattycat on Mar 1, 10 2:31 AM
yeah it was really atmospheric - and welcome to the pond Skiper

[Post New]by skiper123 on Mar 1, 10 2:32 AM
Thank You. I normally stay away. I used to think that u fish "bite"!

scattycat
Flounder
Flounder
2,371 Posts

[Post New]by scattycat on Mar 1, 10 2:34 AM
No I don't bite - still spending my time trying not to be bitten!

bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Mar 1, 10 9:30 AM
Great review, StoreyGirl!

Just to make sure fellow "Rhiannon" players catch this review, I'm going to go ahead and move it over to the full game forum we have for Rhiannon: Curse of the Four Branches.

To continue the discussion click here.

To get to any full game forum, just click on "All Game Forums" at the top of this page, and type in the game title you're looking for.

Happy gaming!

-bfgZambezi

dancebear
Starfish
Starfish
50 Posts

[Post New]by dancebear on Jul 19, 10 8:02 PM
Yes also loved this game!

Once I received a saved game from the makers of the game and the glitches went away this was one of the best games I've seen in a long time.

I would definitely like to see more of these type of games offered.

Belladonna32
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,941 Posts

[Post New]by Belladonna32 on Aug 3, 10 10:29 AM
I agree, must be one of the best games I've played. Had to use the blog at times but mostly managed to figure it out & just use the blog to check I was on the right track. Took me a long time to complete but that's part of the value for me. I love these games where it's all about following the plot, without haveing to break off to find hidden objects & do puzzles. The only frustrating part was the amount of time it took to save but given the amount of content I can understand that.
Great game - let's have more of these.

wildvaniilagirl
Shark
Shark
14,009 Posts

[Post New]by wildvaniilagirl on Aug 3, 10 3:38 PM
THIS IS THE BEST!!!!GAME,
I CAN'T SAY ENOUGH ON HOW GREAT THIS GAME IS .....nothing has topped it yet..

Go to: