bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Apparitions: Kotsmine Hills forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Mar 1, 10 12:05 AM
Welcome to Apparitions: Kotsmine Hills forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Apparitions: Kotsmine Hills players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

Pinky559
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

Re:Welcome to Apparitions: Kotsmine Hills forum

[Post New]by Pinky559 on Mar 1, 10 12:37 AM
hi big flounder i just downloaded the game. do you know if you have to play the whole game in the dark? if so, i won't bother playing any more. thanks .

gpherder
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by gpherder on Mar 1, 10 12:41 AM
Not only in the dark, apparently, but with a piece of garbage "heat sensor" that does nothing of the sort. The images are so blurred it's literally impossible to find some of the items - I've been random clicking for 5 minutes with no luck on the last item, no hints left, no way to get hints.

Seriously, dudes, there's a difference between "fun difficult" and "oh my god this is the stupidest thing I've ever seen difficult."

gpherder
Lobster
Lobster
90 Posts

[Post New]by gpherder on Mar 1, 10 12:57 AM
Pinky559 wrote:hi big flounder i just downloaded the game. do you know if you have to play the whole game in the dark? if so, i won't bother playing any more. thanks .

And yes, it looks like the entire game is in the dark.

This one, I will not buy, which is a shame. It looked like it had potential. Bad design all around though, definitely not worth the money.

Pinky559
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by Pinky559 on Mar 1, 10 1:18 AM
When I saw that the game was like the show "Tops" I though it would be a great game. But the fact that you have to play in the dark is a No No for me. I'll just wait for a better game to come along. I have a big amount of BF games to keep me busy for weeks. But I know I won't have to wait long..

LilyCat
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by LilyCat on Mar 1, 10 1:27 AM
Oh dear. Downloaded this, but having seen the universally awful comments I don't think I'll even bother to try. Anyone had a go at the DD Red Panda game? There doesn't seem to be a forum for it. I played five minutes, but it looks pretty pathetic.

step54
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by step54 on Mar 1, 10 2:12 AM
When has a sword looked like a pink flamingo! Get off the grass.

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Mar 1, 10 5:41 AM
Couldn't they afford to pay there electric bill ? I played on another site , till I ran out of hints ,,Without them there is no play time ..It's a reject , a dud , a bore , another no game day..You have to feed a fish in order for them to stay alive...It's been 11 days since I have had a bite !!! & I'm very hungry ...............

wrennie
Minnow
Minnow
276 Posts

[Post New]by wrennie on Mar 1, 10 5:59 AM
This is a no-go for me. It's WAY too dark and the flashlight doesn't light up the top portion of the room. It's a shame because it looks like it might be a good game.

AdrianaCD
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by AdrianaCD on Mar 1, 10 7:04 AM
Really did not like this game, it was work, not fun. When I got to the thermal camera in the second room that was just too much! Couldn't see a thing and was just randomly clicking. I should have listened to the other comments and not even downloaded this one.

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Mar 1, 10 9:14 AM
LilyCat wrote:Oh dear. Downloaded this, but having seen the universally awful comments I don't think I'll even bother to try. Anyone had a go at the DD Red Panda game? There doesn't seem to be a forum for it. I played five minutes, but it looks pretty pathetic.

I also had trouble finding info on the DD Red Panda. There are several postings, but for some reason they are in Chit Chat corner.

[Post New]by sugarmountain on Mar 1, 10 1:06 PM
Not only do you have to play in the dark, but where the heck is the skip button ? You're forced to go through the entire dialog, and adding up the score after each scene takes forever. I actually played for 30 minutes - not sure how I lasted that long. Just hit the trashcan button.

Edited on 03/01/2010 at 1:06:47 PM PST

acewidd
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by acewidd on Mar 1, 10 3:07 PM
Well I must be really thick but it wont let me put a profile name in so I can't even try the game

[Post New]by missy402a on Mar 1, 10 4:33 PM
This game is the pits. BF needs to put it in the trash.

[Post New]by briteredlips on Mar 1, 10 5:31 PM
I had to at least give this game a try. I liked the hint system, finding ghostly images to replenish hints. Nice enough graphics. And I even enjoy having to use a flashlight to find hints in a room from time to time; but not EVERY room. Sorry, this is a no sale for me.

[Post New]by wheelwoman2005 on Mar 3, 10 6:33 AM
What a waste of a credit. I downloaded it and it will not start.

[Post New]by wheelwoman2005 on Mar 9, 10 5:53 PM
I have downloaded the game but when I click on it to play the game does not come up! You guys should redeem everyones credits on this game it was a waste. I bought it but cant play it this is a huge dissapointment.

[Post New]by sadtomato on Mar 13, 10 5:23 PM
Playing in the dark and with that stupid hot/cold gadget is a bit of a pain but it's still easy enough to find stuff. What really bugged me and made me trash the game 15 minutes in was the clicking through the dialog and waiting for the point total to finish adding up at the end. That stuff took up more time than the game play.

[Post New]by Nieuport on Mar 19, 10 6:11 AM
Has anyone actualy finished the game yet? (if you DID play it all the the way through, which granted was pretty frustrating at times given the lack of instructions on mini-games or putting "parts" together with no idea of what they were after) anyway...........
On what is likely the last scene....the secret room in the mine....I can see the last face but the game won't acknowledge the mouse click on it?? and as someone stated before, you're out of hints so ...........??
Just curious if anyone else had issues completing it?

Edited on 03/19/2010 at 6:42:06 AM PST

hulapopper
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by hulapopper on Mar 29, 10 7:39 AM
I am with the rest of you. Why does it have to be in the dark? And what about the list of names to find in the hideout? I still can't find all the faces. If it was bright in there I might be able to get this part. Strange idea for a game!

Go to: