bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Apparitions: Kotsmine Hills technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Mar 1, 10 1:21 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, p lease get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Edited on 03/10/2010 at 2:54:26 PM PST

Blackie61958
Shark
Shark
12,595 Posts

Re:Apparitions: Kotsmine Hills technical issues

[Post New]by Blackie61958 on Mar 1, 10 4:52 AM
The game is working as it should!! Remember you are a ghost hunter the rooms are supposed to be dark!! That is Why they provide you with the tools needed for the task at hand. Come on fishes give it another try pretty please!!!!!
Don't Give Up!!
Don't Be A Quitter!!
I have faith that you will do fine.
Let me know how you did if you tried?

[Post New]by indigo_ladybug on Mar 1, 10 9:24 AM
Blackie, just read the reviews. You'll see exactly what people think. Including me. I'm off to get migraine meds now, thank you very much. :|

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Mar 1, 10 10:29 AM
Blackie61958 wrote:The game is working as it should!! Remember you are a ghost hunter the rooms are supposed to be dark!! That is Why they provide you with the tools needed for the task at hand. Come on fishes give it another try pretty please!!!!!
Don't Give Up!!
Don't Be A Quitter!!

Played the full hour of demo, even tho I really don't like "flashlight" style searches.
Each scene I played, "flashlight" did not fully light top of screen, so lots of random clicks up there. The thermal thingie? Just clicked on anything red, because I sure couldn't see any details. Tried to give it a fair shake, as I do like HOG games,
but this is a definite no for me.

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Mar 1, 10 12:32 PM
Blackie61958 wrote:The game is working as it should!! Remember you are a ghost hunter the rooms are supposed to be dark!! That is Why they provide you with the tools needed for the task at hand. Come on fishes give it another try pretty please!!!!!
Don't Give Up!!
Don't Be A Quitter!!

Hello, Gosh Blackie, you say don't be a "Quitter" like it's a bad thing!
In this case, quitting once you realize the game isn't for you is just a good personal choice.
I always check forums first and gather information. Then, taking all facts into consideration, I decide if a game would be a wise choice for me to try. Like many other fishies here, I am no spring chicken, nor do I have good vision, thanks to Multiple Sclerosis and optic nerve damage.
This game is a definite NO! But thanks to BFG, I have many choices for great games with excellent design and quality graphics. So my $$ go towards the games that my health allows me to play comfortably. Doesn't make me a Quitter if I don't like, or simply can't play, a certain game.
Thanks to all fishies for great comments and reviews.

marssign
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by marssign on Mar 1, 10 12:38 PM
I agree with the comments regarding how bad the game is. I'm a senior citizen and don't call me a Clickety McClister because I clicked wrong. Try seeing what is behind the thermal imager. Very hard on the eyes and there is really nothing great about it. Quit after about 20 minutes. Using the flashlight in the dark was another no go for me. I know ghost hunting takes place in the dark but they could have made the images much clearer and easier to see.

mhatfie
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,447 Posts

[Post New]by mhatfie on Mar 1, 10 5:06 PM
I do not think I will do the 60 mins on this one. From what other fishies are saying does not sound terrific. Hunting in the dark is ok for one screen and thats it. Come on Big Fish we love you but the fishies deserve better than this.

BSWalker
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by BSWalker on Mar 1, 10 5:12 PM
Don't Give Up!!
Don't Be A Quitter!!

I'm not too bored! The dark is challenging, but I've done OK so far.
I am, however, stuck on the EVP match-up mini-game. I would welcome a "snap-shot" spoiler at this point. Any help would be gratefully received. I've tried matching the lines as if the sound doesn't matter. LOL! Apparently it does! ;-)

Edited on 03/01/2010 at 5:13:58 PM PST

[Post New]by wizzgranny on Mar 2, 10 12:04 AM
This is by far the worst game I have ever played. When I went to a new scene there was nothing on the right panel to tell me what to search for. How can you find something that is black in a black background? Then you get this very annoying message saying your clicking too much. Does Big Fish have anyone in the U.S. making these games? IF NOT I SUGGEST YOU HIRE THEM! These people don't know what a clamp is or a skillet. Please your games are getting really bad. I chose BF because of the better games.

moonlightgrey
Flounder
Flounder
2,076 Posts

[Post New]by moonlightgrey on Mar 2, 10 12:15 AM
Like everybody else, the darkness was just too dark, esp at the top of the screen. I gave up at the infrared took some aspirin and went to lay down in a dark room.

Yes, I, too, have senior eyes.

[Post New]by wizzgranny on Mar 2, 10 2:51 AM
This is by far the worst game I have ever played. When I went to a new scene there was nothing on the right panel to tell me what to search for. How can you find something that is black in a black background? Then you get this very annoying message saying your clicking too much. Does Big Fish have anyone in the U.S. making these games? IF NOT I SUGGEST YOU HIRE THEM! These people don't know what a clamp is or a skillet. Please your games are getting really bad. I chose BF because of the better games.

MILLIE31651
Lobster
Lobster
93 Posts

Re:BLACKIE 61958

[Post New]by MILLIE31651 on Mar 2, 10 7:57 AM
I JUST FINISHED THE GAME AND ACTUALLY I LOVED IT. IT WAS A BIT HARD WITH THE DARK SCENES, BUT I TRIED IT SEVERAL TIMES AND MADE IT THROUGH. I AM A BIG FAN OF THE SHOW AND I JUST WISH THEY HAD BASED THE CHARACTERS ON GRANT, JASON, STEVE AND TANGO INSTEAD. THAT WOULD HAVE MADE IT PERFECT! ANYWAY I BOUGHT IT AND AM LOOKING FORWARD TO PLAYING IT MANY MORE TIMES.

AT LEAST THE HIDDEN OBJECTS DON'T GET SCRAMBLED UP EACH TIME YOU TRY IT SO IT WILL BECOME EASIER EACH TIME.

( PLEASE FORGIVE THE ALL CAPITAL LETTERS. I HAVE A VISION PROBLEM, PROBABLY CAUSED BY TOO MANY BIG FISH GAMES. ) HA! HA!

[Post New]by bayushi on Mar 3, 10 4:45 PM
My biggest problem with this game is that even AFTER I uninstall it, the music and sound effects keep going, even after I rebooted.

SairBelle
Starfish
Starfish
59 Posts

[Post New]by SairBelle on Mar 3, 10 8:19 PM
I kind of liked this game and wanted to follow the story line out, but noticed it was running really choppy. Opened task manager and found the game was taking more then 85% of my cpu. I have 2 Ghz processor with 3 gig ram and regularly run big fish and other casual games from this system, not to mention play WoW, so I don't think my system is unable to handle the game.

paulmiss
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

Re:Post any Apparitions: Kotsmine Hills technical issues here only

[Post New]by paulmiss on Sep 14, 10 11:48 AM
I too enjoyed the game till the hideout sceen and although i can see the last three spirit faces when i click on them nothing happens. Very unsettling and i was fool enough to purchase this game.never learn i guess

Go to: