bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

Your comments and reviews for Apparitions: Kotsmine Hills!

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Mar 1, 10 9:15 AM
Hey Fishies!

What do you think of Apparitions: Kotsmine Hills? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments and reviews in this thread! Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Happy gaming!

BoboKat
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

Re:Your comments and reviews for Apparitions: Kotsmine Hills!

[Post New]by BoboKat on Mar 1, 10 10:10 AM
This game is a "no-go" for me. Didn't like having to be in the dark all the time waiting for something to happen. Straight HOG and not a lot of challenge. I didn't make it through full demo; got bored.
BoboKat

lvd04
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by lvd04 on Mar 1, 10 12:31 PM
I got thru the first scene, looked at next 3 and saw that they were all dark (it's like you're using a flashlight), and deleted the game. In addition - graphics are very poor.
3 thumbs down.

Pinky559
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by Pinky559 on Mar 1, 10 12:43 PM
I also deleted the game. Threw it in the trash can where it belongs. Sorry BF but you blew it this time big time. No one wants to play a BF game in the dark.

mgpaquin
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
454 Posts

[Post New]by mgpaquin on Mar 1, 10 2:20 PM
A definite "NO!" for this household. Both DH and I agree that one or two "flashlight" rooms now and then are tolerable but an entire game is a losing proposition for us. Also, I don't enjoy being scolded for mis-clicking looking for dark items in a dark room with a flashlight that doesn't illuminate the top of the scene. The graphics aren't up to recent game standards. I made it through 20 minutes (don't even get me started on the "apparition finder" thingy — the most infuriating aspect of the game IMHO) and am about to remove it from my system. Don't waste your time, money or even bonus coupons on this one.

Astina
Seahorse
Seahorse
27 Posts

[Post New]by Astina on Mar 1, 10 2:21 PM
I also deleted it, I don't really like some of the darker scenes in the great games but I know it's just one or 2 scenes not like this one.

Blabs
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by Blabs on Mar 1, 10 2:24 PM
not worth it, can't see much AND can't tell how long the game is if I could see more of it. I hate buying a game after the trial time and finding that I paid for 15 min more

mcquigan
Clownfish
Clownfish
726 Posts

[Post New]by mcquigan on Mar 1, 10 2:35 PM
I read so many negative reviews I couldn't believe it. I d/l this to see if the game is really as bad as everyone is saying; the answer is yes, it is that bad.
Using a flashlight to find items in one or two scenes is bearable, an entire game of them would be torture

Faylyn
Minnow
Minnow
259 Posts

[Post New]by Faylyn on Mar 1, 10 2:37 PM
Worst game ever. Very disappointed. No fun seeing a dark room with flashlight type detection/movement. Ugh. This game could cost 50 cents and I wouldn't buy it.

Luna_71
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Luna_71 on Mar 1, 10 2:43 PM
Tried the demo for 9 mins ... and then got bored ... it might be me mind you ... but then again it might be the game. I will go back and try again ... but usually if something doesn't grab me in the first 10-15 minutes, then it isn't for me.

I don't mind the dark ... it's kinda cool ... but it makes it doubly hard to find stuff.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Mar 1, 10 2:59 PM
I have played almost every hog in the last two years and this one is one of the worsted. Definetely. I really hate the dark rooms. No buy for me

delobb
Starfish
Starfish
56 Posts

[Post New]by delobb on Mar 1, 10 3:34 PM
BAD did not bother to get through trial.

Genet1770
Guppy
Guppy
117 Posts

[Post New]by Genet1770 on Mar 1, 10 4:40 PM
I have to echo everyone else here. I too only made it about nine minutes into the demo before bailing out in disgust. I honestly am willing to tolerate the dark scenes, because I'm new to these games that you others are vets at. But the items - at least for my troubled vision - were small, and unidentifiable. And every wrong click gets a negative hm-mm from the male half of the partnership. This got on my nerves the first time it happened. How can you avoid wrong clicks when you can't see? But the clincher for me came when here again I ran into what Escape the Museum did to me, I got points debited for wrong clicks. They make it impossible to see, they put the objects on the screen in such a way that few identifying shapes can be discerned (understand, I have problematic eyes, I might be wrong on that one), and then when you click on something that you are sure is what you need, you get penalized...well, for me, it's forget it. I have to ask, what is it these developers are aiming to accomplish with these rules? Do they honestly think this makes for entertainment? Or maybe, being new, I don't yet realize that there is a whole band of fishies here that play best under these conditions, and if so, my apologies to you. But it's not my cup of tea.

And what makes it so really frustrating is that the opening of the game sets such a lovely atmosphere, with just the right kind of music, too.

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Mar 1, 10 5:29 PM
Hi, Regarding genet's post, you are right on! I didn't buy Escape the Museum either because of the murky muddy graphics.
Aren't the forums great? I too have problematic eyes, as well as other problematic body parts, just as so many other fishies do, but we're all here to play great games and share our experiences with each other.
I posted a mini-rant on the Technical Issues thread for this game because someone there said the game was just fine and "Don't be a quitter".

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

[Post New]by amj0963 on Mar 1, 10 5:33 PM
this game has a great story to it. just the game itself is awful, the developers could have made this game better, i know that this is all done in the dark which is fine, but don't make the scenes grainy looking and let the flashlight be brighter with a wider scope. let there be more interaction instead of the game doing it for you.

i love stories like this but the game is a no buy for me.

dachawawa
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by dachawawa on Mar 1, 10 5:34 PM
Wow. Doesn't look like I'll even bother...

lind3636
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,424 Posts

[Post New]by lind3636 on Mar 1, 10 5:47 PM
WOW! How bad can a game get. The storyline sounded very interesting.....the game itself was frustrating with a capital F. We all talk about objects being to small to see.....try doing it by flashlight. Not just one scene...all scenes that I tried in the demo. IMHO....its a no go.

[Post New]by sssalpha1358 on Mar 1, 10 6:03 PM
I have to agree with everyone else...I made it through 12 minutes of the demo before deleting it. I thought that maybe the next chapter would be a little different or more challenging but when I saw that it was the same as the first I quit. Boring story line but had potential to be great, poor graphics, and unchallenging for this HOG.

auntann11
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,001 Posts

[Post New]by auntann11 on Mar 1, 10 6:11 PM
So if the lights were on this game would be even easier? Lord help us, or someone. Have done 14 rooms in 34 minutes including the unskipable dialog. Saved up a few dozen ghosts - why? I don't know. Because they were there and will now cry uncle, please don't make me do any more.

julie2753
Clownfish
Clownfish
542 Posts

[Post New]by julie2753 on Mar 1, 10 6:15 PM
even with my new super dooper glasses i could not find things in the dark rooms, not one to waste my credits on sorry.

Go to: