Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Vacation Adventures: Cruise Director 3 here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Aug 8, 16 12:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 08/08/2016 at 5:39:37 AM PST

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Vacation Adventures: Cruise Director 3 here.

[Post New]by jennsmom on Aug 8, 16 3:36 AM
I have all the other Vacation Adventures games, and would happily have had this one, also. Unfortunately, although the demo downloaded and installed with no problem, it won't open....or rather, it opens, and then immediately closes, showing that I still have 60 minutes left. Too bad. Certainly will not purchase when I can't even play the demo.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Aug 8, 16 5:40 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

Run Game as Administrator

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon

iemanja75
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
18 Posts

[Post New]by iemanja75 on Aug 8, 16 7:22 AM
Hi, everybody, Unfortunately, same problem than Jennsmom and I am really really desappointed. No problem with the 1 and 2, they work perfectly.
Anyway, I re-download 3 but nothing happened, still the same.
So far, No Cruise today! What a pity!
Hope BFG teams will find a solution to fix it ASAP.
Thanks,

Zobig
Squid
Squid
75 Posts

[Post New]by Zobig on Aug 8, 16 8:18 AM
Same here I have all the games also never had problem with any of the games.
I started to I play the games first before I buy anymore to many games are released before completely checking them for problems and have to figure how to fix , I just ask for a refund.
. Very disappointing anymore with Bigfish Games that are released and do not download or errors popping up. Hope some one is taking a look, love the game oh well can't have everything . Maybe it will work tomorrow will see.

I am playing on Windows 7 PC

Edited on 08/08/2016 at 8:20:16 AM PST

[Post New]by lovy924 on Aug 8, 16 10:11 AM
Having the same issues, downloads and installs fine. Won't open completely. Running Windows 7. One and two work fine. **UPDATE*** I followed steps for the "Freezing, Crashing and Not Playing" instructions under Windows 7. Checked the graphics card, it was set as suggested so no luck there. So I updated Adobe Flash, and it turned out I didn't even have Shockwave on here so I thought, surely, that's the problem! HA! Nope, still won't play..............sigh..........guess I won't be playing this one no matter how much I liked the others>>>>>>>>>>

Edited on 08/08/2016 at 12:57:41 PM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Aug 8, 16 10:38 AM
Hi Everyone,

The Moderation Team greatly appreciates players taking the time to post what they are experiencing with their game. We definitely want to help get things up and running as they should.

For players that are having trouble opening their game, please refer to the following help articles for troubleshooting steps that have been known to help resolve this issue:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Run Game as Administrator

If you continue to have trouble opening and playing this game, please contact our Technical Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. The support has the tools to provide steps that are specific to your computer's configurations.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

bfgBellerophon

iheathco
Seahorse
Seahorse
23 Posts

[Post New]by iheathco on Aug 8, 16 2:27 PM
Sorry, just realized I posted in the wrong thread. I am having trouble displaying the game properly - even if I set the screen resolution at the lowest possible point, I only get about a quarter of the display (and then have to reboot to regain control of the machine, because I can't see the game menu to exit). I'm running a new Mac with OS X El Capitan v10.11.6. Any advice, Big Fish Games folks?

[Post New]by Flamingo_Lady on Aug 8, 16 2:34 PM
I'm not able to even download the game. I'm on a PC running Vista sp2. Where the Buy Now and Try Now buttons are located, it reads

Big Fish Game Club Members Only

I was billed for my membership today. I am showing the Buy Now and Try Now features on all of the other games.

I have been waiting for months for this game. I hope we can all play soon!

Edited on 08/08/2016 at 2:35:29 PM PST

vker
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by vker on Aug 8, 16 2:47 PM
I'm also only getting a quarter of the screen. Downloaded several times and get the same results. Running on an IMac with El Capitan. Would love to play, but at this point, it is not happening. Please give us guidance!!!!!!!!

gamer51
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by gamer51 on Aug 8, 16 2:59 PM
My issue is that it comes up wayy too big for the screen
I have a mac

cocamp
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by cocamp on Aug 8, 16 4:24 PM
I have downloaded the game, uninstalled and re installed it and the game manager and still get a solid white screen. I used a game credit to purchase since I have the others, and now I can't play it.

[Post New]by issthereauser on Aug 9, 16 5:18 AM
I can't open the game either. All settings are correct according to the "tech help". I used a game credit for this game and unless the developer is going to fix the issue I want my credit back

[Post New]by _Windy_ on Aug 9, 16 11:08 AM
I'm on a Mac and having the same problem as many others - too big for the screen. I have to force quit it every time. I've deleted, redownloaded, and reinstalled and still have the same problem. I have all the other Vacation Adventures and have never had a problem before.

molla311
Stingray
Stingray
4,680 Posts

[Post New]by molla311 on Aug 9, 16 1:09 PM
I get a white quarter of the screen and had to alt,ctrl delete to close it .

Windows 7 Home Premium. 64bit
ASUS
The other two Vacations played fine.

Edited on 08/09/2016 at 1:13:09 PM PST

[Post New]by Braidweaver on Aug 10, 16 9:34 AM
I am also on a Mac and unable to play because there is no way to get to an Options page and reduce the size of the game screen.

ilithia
Seahorse
Seahorse
24 Posts

[Post New]by ilithia on Aug 10, 16 12:03 PM
I run a Mac on El Capitan. Same problem.I only get a quarter of the screen, no matter what the screen resolution is set to.
BFG does not have a solution...??
System requirements at purchase said that it was compatible with OS 11.10!

[Post New]by jaminkler on Aug 10, 16 4:23 PM
Am having the same problem as jennsmom. downloaded great, opens and shut down immediately. Never had a problem with any of the big fish games before.
I've uninstalled and reinstalled five times and rebooted and it still does the same thing. My BIG problem is that I already bought this game because I liked the other ones so much. Very disappointed in Big Fish as I have contacted the support team three times without an answer.

[Post New]by Lynnguini on Aug 10, 16 4:34 PM
When I open the game, the window is four times the size of my screen and off to the right, so I can only see one fourth of the game and it's impossible to play. This is Cruise Director 3 for Mac, and I'm attempting to play on a Macbook Pro.

[Post New]by dcli23 on Aug 10, 16 7:23 PM
Figured I add my voice to the mix. I'm running Windows 10 and I'm experiencing the same issues as the rest of the group. I did follow all of the troubleshooting steps listed and sent off a Dr. Felix report. BFG responded very quickly with a coupon code for a free game which I greatly appreciate but I'm very bummed about not being able to play this game. I truly hope that it doesn't get lost in the 'void' and they don't find a fix...my past experiences with this same type of error is that I'm just out of luck!

Go to: