Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Vacation Adventures: Cruise Director 3 here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Aug 8, 16 12:35 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 08/08/2016 at 5:40:55 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Vacation Adventures: Cruise Director 3 here.

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Aug 8, 16 5:39 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Vacation Adventures: Cruise Director 3 here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Vacation Adventures: Cruise Director 3.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgBellerophon

Edited on 08/08/2016 at 5:41:04 AM PST

[Post New]by chenpa on Aug 8, 16 6:43 AM
Love all of these games. I know a lot of people do not like games that are just hidden object but they are great family games that anyone of any age can play. I hope they keep them coming for the fans of just hidden objects.

sartasia
Stingray
Stingray
4,581 Posts

[Post New]by sartasia on Aug 8, 16 10:28 AM
I too enjoy this series along with the "Park Ranger" line. The HOs offer some challenges, the mini games vary from easy to stop and think and the games have a light fun feeling to them. Some may be bored but I think of these as the nice light drink on the casual games menu. An immediate buy for me.

As always try before you buy.
Happy Gaming.

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Aug 8, 16 11:29 AM
Hi all! Wow, these just keep coming. For some unknown reason, I really like this series. I have all of the Cruise Directors and the Park Ranger games. Yes, the items are small and very difficult to see. Yes, the scenes are cluttered and trying to find something is often frustrating, but I really do like them. It's a nice change from the usual murder and mayhem we often get these days. Colors are very bright and clear. The music is monotonous, and there are no voice overs.

These are straight HOPs, but you also have to find extra items, e.g. recycle items (garbage) and lost items like camera, phones and the like. Again, these items can be extremely small and very difficult to see. I often find myself leaning into my screen to find them. Maybe they should include a magnifying glass for us old folks. Between each completed scene you have a puzzle or a game to do. This also breaks up the monotony of doing nothing but HOPs.

One thing that really gets me about these games is the graphics. All the people seem to look like they just sat on tacks...notice that? Creepy eyes. That said, I am going to buy this one and add it to my collection. I didn't care much for most of the others in this grouping, e.g. Christmas, Easter, Halloween, but I do have some of the Christmas HOPs. I often just like a no brainer kind of game that keeps me busy and this is it. If you like HOPs, you might like these.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may not care for this at all. Thanks for the review.

Edited on 08/08/2016 at 11:33:32 AM PST

[Post New]by nontechiegrannie on Aug 8, 16 5:45 PM
I actually like the Vacation Adventures/Park Ranger series. The story lines are entertaining even though these are strictly HOS games.

Some of the characters look quite realistic while others look frozen without personality.

The puzzles are varied and different from the usual fare we get. While I like them, I prefer doing these type of puzzles in "real" time & not on a computer. They are just to busy/fussy to do on a computer.

The HOS screens are just too cluttered & not clean/crisp. My old eyes would sure appreciate some clarity/differentiation amidst all the mess.

Despite all of the above, I have bought this game & will continue to play it & others like it but unless some clarity is forthcoming will also continue to whine/complain!!!

exact
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
434 Posts

[Post New]by exact on Aug 9, 16 9:00 PM
Thank you BFG. one of my favorite games along with the Ranger and some of the Rescue Time Management games. FUN,FUN,FUN is what we all need. I love this game!! More, more, more

joanies
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by joanies on Aug 14, 16 8:19 AM
I am enjoying the game. Only problem is finding the recycle stuff. If the game just gave us a picture in the beginning of what all the recycle stuff looks like I would be satisfied. As it is, I will never make the top goal even replaying again..

plat1098
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by plat1098 on Aug 15, 16 11:08 AM
Bought this sight unseen and it's reassuringly as good or better than the previous.

I got a funny little feeling though with the scene depicting New York Harbor--One World Trade is this almost microscopic little creature, and if you've ever seen this marvelous structure in person, yikes! Anything but! Even "across the street" over in Brooklyn, One World Trade is a landmark to get yourself oriented.

One of the strangest little depictions of this incredible building I've seen to date.

Hoggywizard
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by Hoggywizard on Aug 16, 16 4:47 AM
Hi Plat

Looking out of the ship's bridge at the NY skyline, One World Trade is the building showing through the triangle formed by the angle poise lamp stand and the window frame.

It's almost twice the size of any other buildings in the skyline and looks pretty much like it's the right size, I think.

Pickles77
Minnow
Minnow
264 Posts

[Post New]by Pickles77 on Sep 4, 16 6:19 PM
I am on the fence on this game.....I like the hidden object scenes, although cluttered and busy...what I don't like is you can't skip the minigames in a short period of time, I wish the developers would give a range of time like most developers do in their games...2 mins is way too long.....I hate minigames to begin with so I would like to just skip most of them....I bought it for the hidden object scenes, maybe I will grow to like it.....

Hoggywizard
Squid
Squid
78 Posts

[Post New]by Hoggywizard on Sep 5, 16 4:03 AM
Hi Pickles,

Don't know if you have noticed but if you go back and replay any Hog scene either immediately or later on, a neat feature which wasn't in some of the earlier Vacation Adventure games is that the mini puzzle timers are always set to zero, so you can skip them right away if you want to.

Nassau scene...having problems finishing

[Post New]by riorio1950 on Sep 11, 16 2:20 PM
I just bout Vacation Adventures: Cruise Director 3. I'm at the Nassau scene and the last hidden object item is Nassau. When I go to get a hint it tells me there are not objects left. Can you tell me what's wrong?

burf90
Flounder
Flounder
2,276 Posts

Nassau scene...having problems finishing

[Post New]by burf90 on Sep 11, 16 8:01 PM
riorio1950 wrote:I just bout Vacation Adventures: Cruise Director 3. I'm at the Nassau scene and the last hidden object item is Nassau. When I go to get a hint it tells me there are not objects left. Can you tell me what's wrong?

It may be a glitch, since others have reported the same thing in this scene. But you can try looking at the top of the yellow building in front of you and click the word "Nassau" on the white part just below the clock. That's the object you're looking for. If it doesn't say Nassau there, try clicking that spot and all around it anyway. You never know, it might still work.

Go to: