samwise50
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

What if I downloaded the CE's trial version?

[Post New]by samwise50 on Mar 1, 10 12:42 PM
If I downloaded the CE's but I decided to wait and buy the regular version in a couple weeks, will I have to uninstall and download the regular version?
Thanks.

samwise50
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

Re:What if I downloaded the CE's trial version?

[Post New]by samwise50 on Mar 2, 10 5:51 PM
I guess I'm the only one wondering.
It must be because it's a silly question.
I'll contact CS and let you know, just in case...

[Post New]by fairhavenfish01 on Mar 2, 10 5:56 PM
Samwise,

There is no such thing as a silly question! You have to download/buy the regular version. You don't have to uninstall the CE, but it might avoid confusion...

samwise50
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by samwise50 on Mar 4, 10 4:03 PM
Thanks fairhavenfish01
That is basically what CS told me. I should not have downloaded it in the first place. I beta tested it in December and loved it so much, even more than the previous 2, so I can't wait to play Anyway I don't see the advantage of a CE for this game, unless there's something I don't know. If it added a lot to the game, I might consider. It would have to be a big "plus". I bought every CE but this one, I don't think so. I will uninstall and wait for the regular version.

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Mar 17, 10 7:49 AM
i download and try games all the time... if i think i might want to buy it at some point, just not now, i'll scoot the white bar down on the game manager and hold onto it... if it was fun just for the free hour but i have no particular interest in actually owning it to play forever and ever... it gets booted - happy uninstall button at your fingertips!

i will say that the biggest, super-handy thing in the CE's is having the strategy guide right there, regardless of how frequently or infrequently you use it. and the bonus chapter - playing the 'mystery man' for a round... well, that was really cool, too. i would go so far as to say it was the best part of the game - very challenging and much more serious and darkly rendered than the adventures with tom and nelly...

whichever you decide on, have fun with it! game on!

Go to: