phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

This is actually the second in a series...

[Post New]by phatkhat on Mar 1, 10 7:01 PM
The first, Red Reef Inn, was released in January this year, and a demo is available from the developer. It evidently has the same style of play.

I did the whole demo of Kotsmine, and have this to say

Storyline

Production values, graphics

Sound, soundtrack

Gameplay, characters

Evidently this is another foreign made game, because I searched for pretzels, and it turned out it should have been french fries. There were several of those.

Really bad junkpile HOG with a lot of anachronistic objects to find. I got to three minis: swat the cockroaches, which just amounted to a lot of clicking. Then there was a connect the pipes puzzle, but you couldn't move the pipes if you made a mistake, and you couldn't see all the pieces before you started, so it was luck. I skipped after 3 tries. Last one was one of those figure out the color puzzles.

Bad enough to have the flashlight, but it didn't work well near the ceiling as others have mentioned. Also, I could care less about the points, which evidently you can post on their website. But to be constantly chided for random clicks when stuff has the wrong name, and is hidden in the dark... No, no, no.

I MIGHT buy it on a DD, and for sure at 99 cents, but certainly not for $6.99. This one... FAIL.

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

Re:This is actually the second in a series...

[Post New]by bbelle on Mar 1, 10 7:13 PM
I agree, Phatkat,

Maybe $.99 cents.

dashwood95
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by dashwood95 on Mar 2, 10 8:55 AM
I wouldn't pay for it. You might be able to pay me to play it again, but I won't give up 99c for it. I'd rather get some Wendy's nuggets instead.

QUZEMOTO
Guppy
Guppy
160 Posts

[Post New]by QUZEMOTO on Mar 9, 10 10:27 AM
first off - you can not swat roaches and kill them with a fly swatter. i clicked on items that were the items to find but i got penalized for clicking too much. they gave me only 90 degree angle pipes to work with and 2 straight pipes. a total of 6 which would never go from top to bottom. it had lots of glitches waiting, trying to leave scene after you were done. this is a definate no for me. there was so much more wrong that i can't even remember. i did like the ghost faces for extra hints but that was not enough to make youpurchase the game.

recliner24
Salmon
Salmon
2,957 Posts

[Post New]by recliner24 on Mar 15, 10 10:51 AM
It would have been OK if the lighting was better...........using the heat gadget made it really difficult to ID items. I'll go back and see if there is any improvement but I haven't the patience right now.

Go to: