517 Posts

NEW EVENT- The Witch

[Post New]by tdskm on Aug 9, 16 1:36 AM
new event THE WITCH good luck
witch bellows manor

charges are giftable

1st artifact (bellows manor)
garlic sauce- cellar any mode(1st try)
letter- study- shadow mode( dropped 1st time)
note-observatory-note-any mode(found it night)
chemical reagents- laboratory -jumbled word( 2 times)
eye glass case-library any mode (found it in shadow)

2nd artifact(Paris)
military medal-boat-(night mode) 1st try
negatives - hotel room (any mode)found it in jumbled word

Edited on 08/09/2016 at 2:56:50 AM PST

elianchen
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

Re:NEW EVENT- The Witch

[Post New]by elianchen on Aug 9, 16 3:02 AM
The pieces for the second artifact all found in Paris.
Be careful, one time it ask for alchemist tower, but its in the boulangerie (puzzle mode).

Third artifact get in time of knights:
1. alchemist tower, until you find (jumbled)
2. celestial stables in day mode
3. tilt yard, until you find (night)
4. princess boudoir in shadow mode
5. treasury, until you find (day)

The witch is not very spendable. Helped her about 20 times - not 1 Rusty Key so far (you need 35 for the 4th artifact - cost 2gems each).
The item for help the witch is dropping quite enough, also not very expensive (35 for 35gems).

The dragon wants 26.000 food with 50 times feeding in 2 hours. Open for 4 hours,
The room is dark, most items tiny, hide in shadows, grey in grey, etc...
Bad for searching, no fun for me, but i do it in about one hour (using terra cards, watch bells, thors hammers because lots of ghosts appear, i want to end this very quickly).

Sorry for my bad english, im from germany.

Happy Hunting!

Edited on 08/09/2016 at 6:16:03 AM PST

elianchen
Squid
Squid
64 Posts

[Post New]by elianchen on Aug 9, 16 6:09 AM
The chest contains:

120 silver tarra cards
80 gold tarra cards
8 strawberry jam
2 sedative pulverizer
7 paranormal trap
7 crystal harp
7 watch bells
5 phase watch
7 azure grapes
10 solar lamp
15 hammer of thor
7 coconut milk
5 dragon coin
5 magnifying glass
5 fiery seal
7 old amphora
5 latin scroll
1 sulphur crystal, comet in retort, blue energy, electric charge, power of ligthnings, squid ink, tome of absolute power, magnetic whirlwind, mezzaluna knife, eau-de-cologne, green fowl-grass, tungsten thread, gloomy dungeons (stamp, mark, whatever)

20000 gold coin
15 crystal gem
2000 xp

Vulcaness
Minnow
Minnow
226 Posts

[Post New]by Vulcaness on Aug 9, 16 6:56 AM
elianchen wrote:

Sorry for my bad english, im from germany.

Happy Hunting!

Your English is very good and your help is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Epitome
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Epitome on Aug 9, 16 11:11 AM
elianchen wrote: gloomy dungeons (stamp, mark, whatever)

That would be what we english players call the Trophy, but yeah its nothing more than a stamp showing you had done that, only get them once you open the chest. From what I looked at in the "Trophy" tab of the Artifact - Relic window.

The fourth artifact is the Relic, typically what unlocks event and some "quest" areas and completes the gate to the next area of the map.

Not going to be able to do this one as I am such a low level player and this is a brand new event. At east I can collect up on the creature helping items until next round or when I got Times of Knight again and pay to play from more events tab.

That is what makes this world interesting is the difference in what we call something in each region of the world, one fun one is the shopping cart, but in the southern states they call it the same as in the UK as a trolley. Also called a buggy which is what come parents call a baby stroller.

jaid_diah
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by jaid_diah on Aug 9, 16 4:50 PM
I noticed that more often than not, when I feed the witch at my neighbors home, if I wait until she has the blue fireball nearly complete, she'll drop the Dragon's Blood. I only figured this out after the fifth witch. I had about five Dried Fly Agric and then bought 35 more. Out of that, the witch dropped 17 of the Dragon's Blood.

Credit goes to the guy who mentioned doing something similar in the Cave Technology Event.

Epitome
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
15 Posts

[Post New]by Epitome on Aug 9, 16 7:02 PM
" The witch hands out needed charges when you click on her doing her spellcasting."

anonymous neighbor

Yes, the event creatures hand out charges more often than not when you click on them mid "dance", credit goes to marliza for recognizing this which I often saw in my previous exploits in the game, though never did that more often as should have.

*It seems the Witch rewards you 800 coin and 40 xp at your own Manor, but only 70 coin and generous 5 xp at your neighbor's manor. Bone Beads in the store are a paltry 1:1 par at 35 for 35 crystal/diamond/gem, and for Dried Fly Agaric is 35 for 35,000 coin which is a 930 loss for random gain for charge item. Seems the developer has some humor with the neighbor's creature food item. Agaric being a fungus, among us, no such thing as dried fly variety. Guess toxins do not affect this witch.

Edited on 08/10/2016 at 1:09:54 AM PST

clm5457
Catfish
Catfish
1,588 Posts

[Post New]by clm5457 on Aug 10, 16 9:14 AM
Thanks for the heads up Indy. I'll pass.

Cyberfox277
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by Cyberfox277 on Aug 10, 16 5:31 PM
No need to be so afraid clm5457 Just finished it. You'd spend a lot of bells in the beginning, but once you know where things are they're visible with the magnifying glass. I think it was about the same as the Viking mission or the Musketeer mission, nothing as bad as Sweet Revenge. I never forgot the name of that mission, it's so accurate, yeah sweet revenge... on us LOL

Oh and the drop rate is really good, finished it in master and I played with the ghosts, well marine queen mostly. I just love to play that in dark rooms, no matter what they can't hide those numbers they glow in the dark

marliza
Clownfish
Clownfish
532 Posts

[Post New]by marliza on Aug 12, 16 6:40 AM
EXPEDITION INFORMATION - 2 hours to feed 26,000.
Room open for 4 hours.

sir_vival
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by sir_vival on Aug 12, 16 6:59 AM
The most important judgement is already done by Cyberfox277

My addition for beginners/newbies and those players with low vision:

I recommend the use of 'Nautilus Pallium' or a similar talisman

Merry witchcraft everybody
Sir Vival

clm5457
Catfish
Catfish
1,588 Posts

[Post New]by clm5457 on Aug 12, 16 8:18 AM
My vision is terrible. Can't see tiny objects hidden in a dark room. That's why I wait and see what others say about the quest before I play.

sir_vival
Clownfish
Clownfish
554 Posts

[Post New]by sir_vival on Aug 12, 16 10:26 AM
clm5457 wrote:My vision is terrible. Can't see tiny objects hidden in a dark room. That's why I wait and see what others say about the quest before I play.

'The Hall of Inquisition' is really one of the worst screens in my eyes.

I'm playing in the highest possible resolution. Brightness is 100%.
I just raised contrast from 50% to 60% and ... items are easier to find.

Maybe screen changes will make it easier for you and others with the same probs.
Give it a try.

Merry scavanger hunt
Sir Vival

lorakeet
Guppy
Guppy
110 Posts

[Post New]by lorakeet on Aug 12, 16 1:20 PM
I thought finding objects in this room was hard but the chest was worth it!

Ellei4997
Guppy
Guppy
175 Posts

[Post New]by Ellei4997 on Aug 12, 16 3:26 PM
India1435 wrote:Oh dearie me, another one that goes to the "Do Not Do This Again" list.
The room is easier to search in upside-down/inverted mode, horrible.

Once again, thank you kindly to my wonderful neighbours for sending me to the house of horrors!

Indy

LOL, my neighbor India1435 - my thoughts exactly - exploring this room is next to impossible for me !!!!! Wish me luck

jaid_diah
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

[Post New]by jaid_diah on Aug 13, 16 2:25 AM
Half the room is pretty bright, as if with florescent lighting. It's the back of the room that's pretty dim and objects small.

When looking for the wreath, check out the rug. It blends in really well. Really well. Sigh.

marliza
Clownfish
Clownfish
532 Posts

[Post New]by marliza on Aug 13, 16 2:48 PM
Finally finished this one, and on to the next. I must say that I did not really enjoy this room very much. It took me the whole expedition times in order to even begin to remember where things were - mostly because they blended in so well to the background and darkness. I liked getting the things from the creature witch, but I really did not like this room. It was better with a magnifying glass, as was suggested. It's just that I hate to use that thing. It makes my eyes go goofy when over the closer up items. Not my cup of tea.

Thanking goodness that's done!

Cyberfox277
Guppy
Guppy
145 Posts

[Post New]by Cyberfox277 on Aug 14, 16 3:04 PM
Now I'm not surprised why some people were complaining so much. I always have the magnifying glass on, yes shocking I know LOL

But I ignore it most of the time, just because it's on doesn't mean you have to look through it It's about the same to me to click on items with the black dot or the arrow and I find it more game disruptive to pause the game and put that thing on and off than to leave it on all the time.

I had a really hard time to find the whip, the walking cane and the hook sometimes, I can't imagine how it was like to try to find it without the magnifying glass. I really can't

Go to: