pashdi
Clownfish
Clownfish
520 Posts

Tackling Safecracker

[Post New]by pashdi on Oct 10, 08 4:42 AM
I bought this game last year and decided to try it one of these days. Well, that day has come and I have sat on it a couple of days now. I found two ways of tackling it, be it the long way around and cheating a lot. Firstly, On one writing pad I wrote down all the rooms in their order as per the strategy guide. On another pad I wrote all the items I had to find and the keypad numbers or letters to be entered. On walkthrough I found a few details confusing, but if I have three lists of information in front of me, I am managing a little better. It might take me a few weeks or more but I want to get to the end. I hope this might help other gamers.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

Re:Tackling Safecracker

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 10, 08 5:52 AM
I thought this was a great game! Very clever puzzles and best of all- no talking to other characters 50 million times!

cesse47
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
25,099 Posts

[Post New]by cesse47 on Oct 10, 08 5:57 AM
Hey Pashdi, haven't talked with you in a while. Hope all is well with your family. Good luck tackling this one. Happy Gaming

pashdi
Clownfish
Clownfish
520 Posts

[Post New]by pashdi on Oct 11, 08 2:57 AM
Phew. I did it! I finished Safecracker. It nearly cracked me, especially the telephone in the blue room. Even with the Strategy guide and walkthrough, it wasn't that easy for an old girl like me. But I'm glad that I persisted to the end. Love the mansion. Kept on getting lost though.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 11, 08 5:28 AM
pashdi wrote:Phew. I did it! I finished Safecracker. It nearly cracked me, especially the telephone in the blue room. Even with the Strategy guide and walkthrough, it wasn't that easy for an old girl like me. But I'm glad that I persisted to the end. Love the mansion. Kept on getting lost though.

I thought the telephone was hard too.- also the light spectrum one

[Post New]by roadrunner007 on Nov 19, 08 2:08 PM
this is a great game. my favourite safe is the snookers safe. even though i used the walkthrough to help me, the way to find the code is so amazingly hidden. nobody ever give up on this, the coolest series ever!!!

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Nov 19, 08 2:09 PM
pashdi wrote:Which light spectrum the office or the workshop. prpldva? I cheated.

The one in the workshop

lorgran
Clownfish
Clownfish
539 Posts

[Post New]by lorgran on Nov 19, 08 2:23 PM
uiiii, now i really feel dumb, i got the demo and couldnt crack even the very first safe puzzle....

(feels ashamed and goes to bed )

[Post New]by MaggieD1252 on Jan 7, 09 2:58 AM
I must be a sucker for punishment - I won't cheat - just using my brains trying to figure numbers for the keypads - have pages of numbers I have already tried and have walked through countless times looking for anything which will have numbers on it for clues - I think another 2 or 3 days I might give up and go to the cheats way.

bootsie21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,188 Posts

[Post New]by bootsie21 on Jan 7, 09 3:59 AM
I bought this when it came out, looked at it, tried to do it and couldn`t, so put it away - I, too,. think it is time it came out again - I will do it LOL If I can manage RTR etc, can surely put my mind to this one

Zoppy
Herring
Herring
396 Posts

[Post New]by Zoppy on Jan 16, 09 5:19 PM
I got it yesterday and am not having much fun. The puzzles seem to be impossible to figure out. There doesn't seem to be any logic to them just click a bunch of buttons a bunch of times.

Go to: