Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Button Tales here.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Aug 10, 16 12:33 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 08/10/2016 at 6:46:39 AM PST

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Button Tales here.

[Post New]by miss_marigold11 on Aug 10, 16 2:57 AM
game locked up after first match 3 scene was complete. had to use task manager to escape. not much of a loss since game seemed rather tacky and boring from what little I saw. I shall uninstall and forget about it.

[Post New]by OldFisherman on Aug 10, 16 4:08 AM
Game locked?! Have you seen the tutorial message "The fewer moves you make..." after first match 3 scene was complete? You just have to press button X to close it :-)

[Post New]by liverpoolsquatte on Aug 10, 16 4:26 AM
Hi the game crashed on the first level, not a good omen! Didn't really like it anyway so no real loss

[Post New]by OldFisherman on Aug 10, 16 4:35 AM
When the game crashed?
[Removed by Moderator].

Edited on 08/10/2016 at 7:06:35 AM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Aug 10, 16 6:50 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

Game Compatibility

Run Game as Administrator

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Aug 10, 16 6:51 AM
I'd also like to remind users of the Forum Rules when posting, specifically,

HTML, links, and images are not allowed in the forums.

Do not discuss other game sites or game companies, positively or negatively, by name or by nickname.

To ensure the safety of our forums, we ask that players not post any links or references to outside sources or game companies. If players experience technical issues, the Customer Support Team at Big Fish is always willing to help in any way that they can.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. Feel free to PM any of the moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

sheb61
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by sheb61 on Aug 10, 16 8:23 AM
Can't play game. Error access violation. PC windows 10

essgee52
Minnow
Minnow
265 Posts

[Post New]by essgee52 on Aug 10, 16 11:20 AM
Also get access violation on Win 10 at start up.

[Post New]by Lordshandmaiden on Aug 10, 16 11:34 AM
Same. Error access violation. Didn't look like a good game anyway according to some, so no loss for me.

vannojo
Lobster
Lobster
91 Posts

[Post New]by vannojo on Aug 10, 16 12:52 PM
Another Error access violation on Widows 10. I will reload it in a few days to see if it is fixed.

[Post New]by PandaBlueBaby on Aug 10, 16 1:11 PM
Game won't play Error access code uninstalled it and reinstalled it several times. Same issue on Both my Windows 7 desktop AND windows 10 laptop. Your known fixes do not help. I have had many games lately that are not playing correctly on either of my devices. Trouble shooting solutions are not working and I am very frustrated. I have had to delete and uninstall several I would have purchased had they not had issues. I don't want to have to trouble shoot every game I try to get it to work properly. I feel I should download, click and play. That is it.

lvd04
Squid
Squid
68 Posts

[Post New]by lvd04 on Aug 10, 16 1:25 PM
PandaBlueBaby wrote:Game won't play Error access code uninstalled it and reinstalled it several times. Same issue on Both my Windows 7 desktop AND windows 10 laptop. Your known fixes do not help. I have had many games lately that are not playing correctly on either of my devices. Trouble shooting solutions are not working and I am very frustrated. I have had to delete and uninstall several I would have purchased had they not had issues. I don't want to have to trouble shoot every game I try to get it to work properly. I feel I should download, click and play. That is it.

I totally agree - so many problems now. I have windows 10 and there are so many games I can't play anymore. For this one I'm getting an error access code. So disappointed with Bigfish

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Aug 10, 16 2:25 PM
Hello Everybody,

Thanks for coming here to let us know about any technical issues you are having with Button Tales. It sounds like some players are having trouble with Windows 10 giving an error access violation when trying to play this game. If you haven't already, I recommend taking a look at our Help pages for the following articles as they may be able to address these issues:

Access Violation
Windows 10

If the above steps don't seem to work, or if you'd like personalized assistance, please do not hesitate to get in contact with our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps can gather data on and report issues to the right team, provide customized support beyond the forums, and they're always happy to help.

Thanks for continuing to report your technical issues for this game. The Forum Moderation Team will be sure to pass along this thread's contents to the appropriate teams and if there are any updates made available to us to provide, we'll be sure to let everyone know as soon as we can. Thanks for your patience.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by LavenderLion on Aug 29, 16 4:35 PM
The error access violation error happens on Windows 8 also. I've tried 3 times to get this to run. But it wont start up. Too bad, it looks like a cute game and might have been fun.

WhipU
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
3 Posts

[Post New]by WhipU on Sep 24, 16 8:42 AM
I purchased this game over a month ago and have yet to play on my laptop. When trying to access the game I am getting an error message. I'll be back once I write down exactly what the error message is.

If anyone can help please do not hesitate to reply.

[Post New]by AlexUstas on Sep 26, 16 1:33 PM
In my case, I had a non-standard display resolution. I changed the display resolution to 1280x720, and the game starts!
Also tried 1366x768 and 1920x1080. Works great!

Go to: