bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Welcome to Hidden Identity: Chicago Blackout forum

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Mar 3, 10 12:05 AM
Welcome to Hidden Identity: Chicago Blackout forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Hidden Identity: Chicago Blackout players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

sandyterryb
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

Re:Welcome to Hidden Identity: Chicago Blackout forum

[Post New]by sandyterryb on Mar 3, 10 1:27 AM
I`m a HOG lover but found this one boring. Can not skip the puzzles which I usually do as I think they just take up too much game time, but they were very easy. Played about a half hour and decided already have two similar and no more of this type. If you like the Mystery PI series than you`d like this. Prefer more interaction between yourself and the game. Items are very large and very easy to find unlike some games where you need a magnifying glass and then still can`t make out what your looking for. Am waiting for the new Treasure Seekers smaller version to come out as the large version kept freezing on me. Have fun with this if it`s your type fellow fishies.

Blabs
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by Blabs on Mar 3, 10 8:21 AM
not all that interesting and no indication of how much game is left after the trial.

TinkerOne
Minnow
Minnow
222 Posts

[Post New]by TinkerOne on Mar 3, 10 9:45 AM
I liked the game, but I had a hard time seeing objects (may just be me or my laptop)
I liked the clues and some different puzzles. Most likely won't buy- just cause I think that 2 coming up will get this mo. credit.
Tink

sinshack
Flounder
Flounder
2,150 Posts

[Post New]by sinshack on Mar 3, 10 11:54 AM
I would have expected to see more Chicago in a game of this name - maybe a few recognizable landmarks like the Navy Pier or Grant Park area. This could have taken place anywhere - in fact, one other thread identifies the el as a scene from Toronto and the zoo in another city.

I do like the fact that you can re-play when you get to the end so you can look for a few notes that you forgot to click on the first time through, even though you do have to play through the whole game to find the ones you missed. It makes it easier to unlock the unlimited mode, because on the second time through, when I started a new chapter I opened each map location to check to see if I was missing any notes, and found the notes before I looked for any items.

It is a short game, but there is re-play possibilities because there is a new items list the second play-through, and you also get the unlimited seek-and-find when you find all the notes.

The main drawbacks I see are the lack of identifying characteristics for a well-known city, an obvious lack of American money in an American city, and an extremely lame story line. The game play is fun, though, with nice twists on what items are called. Skip buttons on games would have been nice, and hints that showed you where the "put this thing here" items went would have helped.

Edited on 03/03/2010 at 11:55:09 AM PST

joyce2121
Manatee
Manatee
4,490 Posts

[Post New]by joyce2121 on Mar 3, 10 12:18 PM
TinkerOne wrote:I liked the game, but I had a hard time seeing objects (may just be me or my laptop)
I liked the clues and some different puzzles. Most likely won't buy- just cause I think that 2 coming up will get this mo. credit.
Tink

Am I reading this correctly? Do you know what games are coming up?
If so, please share. Thanks

Welcome to Hidden Identity: Chicago Blackout forum

[Post New]by puddin37 on Mar 4, 10 5:31 AM
bfgFlounder wrote:Welcome to Hidden Identity: Chicago Blackout forum! This is your place to ask questions, share tips, and connect with other Hidden Identity: Chicago Blackout players.

If you have questions about how to use the forums, please click the FAQ link on the right.

[Post New]by puddin37 on Mar 4, 10 5:33 AM
the man phone booth i cant figure it out

[Post New]by nysusan on Mar 4, 10 6:38 AM
I don't know where to place the walker outside the hotel. Can anyone help?

mcolbert59
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by mcolbert59 on Mar 4, 10 7:17 AM
I can't find where to put the "walking guy" outside of the hotel either, and believe when I say that I have tried to put him everywhere!

Someone please let us know.

Thanks!

mcolbert59
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by mcolbert59 on Mar 4, 10 7:20 AM
Hi puddin37,

here's the problem with the guy in the phone booth. Every time you are wrong he seems to change a little. It took me about 8 tries to finally match the image. Just make sure to look at the hat, the tie, and to see if he has a mustache, beard, or no facial hair.

Hope this helps, 'cause there is another one like this a little later in the game.

[Post New]by gramade on Mar 4, 10 11:19 AM
As I see it I'm not the only one who is having trouble finding a place to put "the walker" in front of the hotel. Can someone please let us know where he goes. The hint button only highlites the walker not where it goes.
Thx

Pinky559
Guppy
Guppy
103 Posts

[Post New]by Pinky559 on Mar 4, 10 2:11 PM
I am among the many that cannot find where to put the walker that is on the steps of the hotel. I tried putting him everywhere in the scene . Would appreciate if someone swimming around out there has the answer. Meanwhile I cannot go any further with the game.

[Post New]by nysusan on Mar 4, 10 6:04 PM
finally found out about the walker. he goes inside the life preserver on the left. unfortunately, the game ends after two more scenes. not really worth the money.

[Post New]by lensangel1 on Mar 5, 10 8:00 AM
sandyterryb wrote:I`m a HOG lover but found this one boring. Can not skip the puzzles which I usually do as I think they just take up too much game time, but they were very easy. Played about a half hour and decided already have two similar and no more of this type. If you like the Mystery PI series than you`d like this. Prefer more interaction between yourself and the game. Items are very large and very easy to find unlike some games where you need a magnifying glass and then still can`t make out what your looking for. Am waiting for the new Treasure Seekers smaller version to come out as the large version kept freezing on me. Have fun with this if it`s your type fellow fishies.

[Post New]by riinbear on Mar 5, 10 7:22 PM
where do you place the stupid cigarette

[Post New]by estherbarndollar on Mar 5, 10 11:21 PM
I am stuck in the same place right in the beginning of the game. Where do you place the cigarette on the L Train? Discourages me right off the bat.

corbs123
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
21,701 Posts

[Post New]by corbs123 on Mar 6, 10 3:44 AM
Seems a nice enough game but i can see someone has said you can't skip the puzzles so will be a no buy sorry, also couldn't figure out some of the clues so had to use too many hints i find this spoils the game a bit for me.

[Post New]by dpattid on Mar 6, 10 11:57 AM
The cigarette on the train goes in the window on the left side of the screen in the round sign for 'No Smoking"

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Mar 7, 10 8:32 AM
puddin37 wrote:the man phone booth i cant figure it out

if you look closely at the three identifying characteristics the game wants you to look for, you'll find: he's wearing a hat with a red feather, he has a mustache, and he's wearing a white shirt with no tie.

once you have the method for the first one... you just keep using it!

good luck

Go to: