Anam_Craite
Guppy
Guppy
140 Posts

TGT - Hidden Identity: Chicago Blackout...I busted out laughing!

[Post New]by Anam_Craite on Mar 3, 10 12:23 AM
Apologize in advance for a thread of no value...

I couldn't help but think about some fairly recent threads talking about plot lines in IHOGs being recycled when the very first words of the overview of the game began with.....

"You awake with amnesia..."

I started cracking up! (Me thinks it waaaaaaaay past my bedtime!)

Misty40
Clownfish
Clownfish
923 Posts

Re:TGT - Hidden Identity: Chicago Blackout...I busted out laughing!

[Post New]by Misty40 on Mar 3, 10 12:45 AM
Don't feel bad. I laughed, too! LOL

LilyCat
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

[Post New]by LilyCat on Mar 3, 10 12:47 AM
I liked the start - "Who are you?" Then you have to enter your name... "You are..."

No point playing the game then if you already know!!!

vicalana
Stingray
Stingray
5,296 Posts

[Post New]by vicalana on Mar 3, 10 12:53 AM
I lasted 15 minutes. Got to the first mini-game - couldn't skip it and couldn't get past it, so deleted. Fun while it lasted though!!!

gameslvr
Clownfish
Clownfish
553 Posts

[Post New]by gameslvr on Mar 3, 10 1:00 AM
Ah--yet another "I can't remember who I am" game. whoopee. But, of course, I'll try it!

katejoe999
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by katejoe999 on Mar 3, 10 1:19 AM
I must be getting too fussy Once I would have played the whole demo of a game like this - but now, nah, not worth my time. Would rather go and re-play one of the good ones!

tribrach
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by tribrach on Mar 3, 10 2:37 AM
I'm in total agreement....well almost having downloaded the trial (I'm a "waste not want not" kind of gal) I decided to play through to the end...but to be honest, I went to get a fortifying cup of coffee...& what do you know....my hour was up...thank goodness
I did like the slightly obscurer clues in this HOG...but what's with "swish" & a basket ball? Is it because I'm English that I didn't make the connection?
Anyway, it was the nail in the coffin for this pretty awful game.

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Mar 3, 10 2:40 AM
I was looking for a tennis racket to go w/ the tennis ball for the "swish".....who knew it was a basketball?

At least they were honest.....the 2nd post-it you found said "maybe if I wander around aimlessly I'll find some clues!"

chet412
Clownfish
Clownfish
655 Posts

[Post New]by chet412 on Mar 3, 10 2:53 AM
I can't remember why I play these games!!!! I must have amnesia.

puzzledone
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,182 Posts

[Post New]by puzzledone on Mar 3, 10 3:21 AM
LOL that Swish cost me a penalty using a hint. Wha???? And needed a hint for cut wood. I guess because it didn't include an s. But now I feel so smart because I did finally figure out where the cigarette went after 3 tries on what looked like an ashtray to me. It wasn't. Had so much time left on the timer I kept looking. Now I'm wondering how come we keep saying some of these are "too easy" ??? Maybe it has more challenges than meets the demo eye.

On one of the Mystery PI games you just have to find 25 of 50 items to unlock the Unlimited Play (Endless) so wonder if having missed one note so far I don't need all 50? Hmm must be 25 locations then to get x 2, that's a hint re length. But on that stupid Rosecliff one, after struggling half blind on teeny obsure colorless objects I got to end (a miracle of boredom) and had just 49 so I dumped it.

This thing has got to get better being a PopCap unless they couldn't sell it at retail either and gave it to the Big Fish to peddle off cheap.

Edited on 03/03/2010 at 7:27:02 AM PST

jacksjen
Seahorse
Seahorse
33 Posts

[Post New]by jacksjen on Mar 3, 10 5:35 AM
aw, don't make fun. I feel bad for the developers. They must have some sort of repressed dissociative desire to forget that they are geeks. It is too bad that there is not a suggestion box or something for people to give ideas. I think a Star Wars ihog or a Project Runway all in one (time management, hidden object, match 3, etc.) could be really cool.

misty5
Herring
Herring
337 Posts

[Post New]by misty5 on Mar 3, 10 5:51 AM
Actually, I didn't think this was bad for a HOG. Agreeable graphics and music. Very generous hint system. Fun mini-games, some with a refreshing twist -- like replacing the paper punches in the note instead of the usual kind where you piece together torn scraps of paper.

Also got a chuckle out of how the game pokes a little tongue-in-cheek fun at itself, as in the scene where the guy asked "who would place a pretzel up on a ceiling fan?!" LOL. Played the full hour demo and hated to stop, but because there are already so many games on my to-buy list, this one goes down as a definite "maybe".

[Post New]by briteredlips on Mar 3, 10 6:23 AM
This game had great potential. However, my eyes hurt and I felt kind of like a panic to finish the demo. Another no sale. Sorry.

Go to: