GaCorolla
Shark
Shark
13,397 Posts

Heroes of Hellas

[Post New]by GaCorolla on Mar 3, 10 1:26 AM
Has anyone had any difficulty getting level 8-14? I always run out of time when I am almost done. I would appreciate any tips you can share.

cstdenis
Salmon
Salmon
2,948 Posts

Re:Heroes of Hellas

[Post New]by cstdenis on Mar 3, 10 6:34 PM
That is a really hard level. I usually fail to complete that one the first few times I try.
The only thing I can say is try not to make matches unless they are going to help you in some way to clear tiles, move a gem, or charge your heroes (like blue tiles or white tiles). Because every match you make creates those #%&*& stones! I hate those stones
The other tip is to not wait to use the heroes. Once they charge up, use them (except zeus - only use him when you have no matches or time is running out). I always use the blue guy (forgot his name) to clear out single tiles that are in a hard to reach place (like bottom corners). Use the white guy as frequently as possible to clear stones.

GaCorolla
Shark
Shark
13,397 Posts

[Post New]by GaCorolla on Mar 4, 10 12:35 AM
The only Heros you have on that level are Zeus, who changes the gem positions, the one you collect blue gems for; she will take out one gem, and the one you collect pink gems for that gives you 20 seconds of time. I think that the lack of heroes who do more is the problem. There are no hellsotnes on this level. You have to drop 12 red gems, plus there are lots of double tied gems. It takes 3 times to clear them. Since this is the last phase of the game, your time moves swiftly.

Edited on 09/01/2010 at 9:33:17 AM PST

cstdenis
Salmon
Salmon
2,948 Posts

[Post New]by cstdenis on Mar 6, 10 7:54 AM
Whoops was thinking of another level. The best thing to do when you have the pink guy is match pink guys as much as possible and work on breaking the chains as quickly as possible. As soon as your pink guy charges use him to get added time, but focus on getting those gems to the bottom by breaking the chains and use arrows (lightning bolts) strategically to help you break chains and clear tiles under the gemstones. The reason you have the blue guy is so that you can break a tile to move a lightning bolt down one level - in case you don't have any matches to do that. Then you can use the lightning bolt to break a chain or move a gem off the board.
Also use the blue guy if you have only one gem left near the bottom and you can't get a match underneath it - click the blue, then the tile under the gem to move the gem down or off the board.

Go to: