Bartsister
Clownfish
Clownfish
710 Posts

On the issue of sparkles

[Post New]by Bartsister on Aug 11, 16 6:21 AM
There was mention of flashing plus indicators and sparkles even though the feature wasn't checked so I downloaded this real quick to check it out. Sparkles always make the difference to me whether to purchase or not. So, for those that may also care:

I am running Win 8.1 and had my settings set to Custom.
Active Plus Indicators (top right) de-checked
Sparkles on Active Objects de-checked (I don't think you can move the slider only to get rid of them for good)

Here's what I got:

No plus item indicators at all. Yay!!! I picked up a wallet and it sat there in my inventory like I picked up a crowbar or something.

No sparkles on active items in scenes or in the first HOP.

What I thought was a bit weird was there were sparkles AFTER you solved something. You enter a door code for instance and then the handle sparkles so you know you are supposed to use a handle to open a door. Same with a different mini-game. You solve it and then the button to open the door lights up like a Christmas tree.

That last bit of strangeness doesn't thrill me, but it is very playable to me with the other features completely removed. So I'm in for another adventure with Mr. Jenkins.

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

Re:On the issue of sparkles

[Post New]by kgustavson on Aug 13, 16 1:16 AM
Mostly the same for me Bartsister (Win 7 Pro 64) but didn't notice any after-sparkles? I do love when a Developer totally removes the plus-item when I ask for it (there are only a couple that do it); making me think I might want this one this weekend.

Go to: