lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

Color blast blocker and shovel no longer fires!

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Aug 11, 16 9:38 AM
I remember using a shovel on a color blast blocker and having it not only be removed, but also blast so that it clears other tiles. Since the latest update, this no longer happens. The shovel removes the blocker, but the blocker doesn't fire, and the tile under the blocker needed another shovel even.

Has anybody else noticed this? Or is it possible that I am remembering previous behavior wrong?

Edited on 09/02/2016 at 12:07:03 PM PST

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Color blast blocker and shovel

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Aug 11, 16 10:58 AM
Hi lordkalvan,

I see that there is some question regarding the use of a shovel on a color blocker. We apologize for the confusion that after the latest update, using a shovel on this game element clears the block that contains the color blocker. While it previously cleared the surrounding gummies, it now clears the color blocker in the tile.

While the Moderation Team doesn't have control over changes made within the game, we do have the tools to ensure that your feedback gets passed along to the Gummy Drop! teams.

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Feel free to PM any of the Active Moderators if you have any questions.

bfgBellerophon

Edited on 08/11/2016 at 10:59:15 AM PST

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Aug 11, 16 7:20 PM
Why would you possibly change this? Seems very questionable to me. I have been playing GD for over a year now, and I am all the way to Amsterdam. I do not like
these changes that seem designed only to get more dollars out of players.
Please relay this comment to the appropriate managers or programmers.

33tlc
Squid
Squid
76 Posts

[Post New]by 33tlc on Aug 12, 16 3:38 AM
I am having this issue in Rio - Level 50.
There are not enough green gummies so I tried to use the shovel to fire the green blocker and I was just left with a hole.
Stupidly I tried twice, thinking I had done something wrong.
I am not happy with this new way of play as it makes the level impossible to pass even on intern.
I hope this is rectified very soon.

BanditSam
Minnow
Minnow
295 Posts

[Post New]by BanditSam on Aug 12, 16 4:51 AM
I don't like it either, but I think it was intentional on the part of the designers. Too many people knew the secret of getting past hard levels with too few of the right colour of Gummies available to explode the colour collector.

I doubt they will reverse their decision.

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Aug 12, 16 5:29 AM
Bandit: I dont think it was a secret--it was how you played the game.

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Aug 12, 16 6:46 AM
Thanks fishies for confirming that my memory was correct.

Here's hoping that this behavior is an unintended side effect of some other change. All those levels where there is a chained souvenir right above a color blast blocker, trapped behind walls so there is no way to free the souvenir unless the blocker fires have become close to impossible with this change. Unless the devs also changed the souvenirs so that a shovel can remove a chain. I haven't tried that since this update.

cdoublel
Seahorse
Seahorse
37 Posts

[Post New]by cdoublel on Aug 12, 16 3:08 PM
I agree with previous comments - I had the same problem and even though I had numerous moves left - it was pointless because use of the shovel created a blank space. With the space empty, it was impossible to make contact with the other items to be cleared. I ended up x ing out of the life - pointless to continue. Shovels are very rarely free - the player has to purchase them. I don't see why the policy was changed but I'm pretty sure it was deliberate. That decision does not enhance the playing experience. It creates frustration. Perhaps all these changes should be specifally listed when an update is issued instead of waiting for a reaction.
This decision should be reversed. Logic tells me you'll actually sell less shovels.

Edited on 08/12/2016 at 3:09:58 PM PST

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Aug 19, 16 8:27 AM
This change, whereby a shovel only deletes a color blocker instead of setting it off, has rendered most relevant boards simply unplayable.

Previously, we had to use shovels on color blockers only because the game by definition fails to provide enough gummies to set the blockers off. This was perfectly legitimate and not some secret trick, as some people seem to think. On the contrary, we had to spend on shovels whereas we should have been given the opportunity to pass without the need for boosts, as frequently advertised in FTP fora.

Now they made this change that treats color blockers as simple bombs. You simply get rid of them and that's it. However, color blockers are NOT bombs, and in most if not all cases, they NEED to explode in order to make available/free other items that are necessary to pass the level, such as bolts and souvenirs, or simply clear tiles, that are otherwise inaccessible. Now, the only boost that could work in just a FEW of these cases, is the waterfall, but this is extremely costly, PLUS for reasons unknown, it frequently is not even available in otherwise perfectly legitimate boards (I had asked about this some time ago but did not receive any answer).

This change that renders so many boards unplayable is so unreasonable, that I can't believe it was intentional, and I tend to agree that it just happened accidentaly during the last update. In any case, there are only two possibilities to make the game work again:

1. Change it back so that the shovel explodes the blocker. OR,
2. Leave as is, but go back to ALL levels with inadequate gummies and supply them. This is easier said than done because there are different platforms (which seem to behave differently on this and other issues), and just too many such levels.

But those blockers must be able to explode!

PS By the way, I want to report another, older but similar issue that makes the current problem even worse: Shovels do not simply unchain bolts as they should, they just destroy them. Why? Can this be fixed, too?

ETA I see more and more problematic levels- please correct this error, the game can't go on like this!

Edited on 08/22/2016 at 6:02:09 AM PST

snowmanvt
Clownfish
Clownfish
566 Posts

[Post New]by snowmanvt on Aug 20, 16 8:17 AM
Excellent Eli. You said it all. BF, please listen.

stinky2sex
Starfish
Starfish
54 Posts

[Post New]by stinky2sex on Aug 21, 16 1:48 PM
Well in I come extremely upset, because I've been trying for days to get through NO level 115-2.

The game has 2 souvenirs at top of board, 1 on each side. Below these are colored bombs, (as I call them, even though they aren't bombs) that have to explode to allow the souvenirs to become free to fall through & complete game.

I used 1 of my trustworthy shovels on one of the colored bombs, as there are not enough red or green gummies to fill these & be able to finish game. When I did the souvenir remained chained; nothing happened. I'm thinking O.K. I just wasted a shovel for nothing.

So, that did not sit well with me. It wasn't until I started searching through the help section, and, Eli responding to my plea for help..lol..did it dawn on me what was going on.

Wow, sneaky and very underhanded. These particular games are what the shovels are for. Those of us who love our shovels, just got a smack in the face.

I use only shovels and line boosts. And, I have to be in a desperate situation to use these.

I had 6 Z's in one game & still couldn't get the game done, trying to fill the colored bombs, which I did, but had no more moves left to get the souvenirs down & out.

There are a tremendous amount of the colored bomb games, so, what to do???
Spend money or hope for waterfall boosts on daily deals? I honestly cannot remember the last time I got waterfall boosts. I'm finding that I'm getting the dice more than anything else.

I'm not one who can say anything in a short, (small plate) way. Bear with me as the plate gets large. Include the lightening bolt & shovel on this plate.

The finale here is: Unfair, unfair, unfair.

Please change back BF, as I have no intention of spending the money on extra boosts.
Thank you all for listening,
Bonnie

Edited on 08/21/2016 at 1:56:14 PM PST

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Aug 30, 16 6:19 PM
This is ridiculous!! As mentioned above this latest debacle after an awful upgrade has still not been fixed. It makes several levels almost impossible to pass and makes shovels almost redundant and using a waterfall won't work on a chained blocker either! Why do the developers keep trying to spoil a great game??? They still haven't fixed this ongoing problem of the blank screen waits on iPad and I see the HQ page is all over the place too. ACTION PLEASE!

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Aug 31, 16 4:52 AM
As said this is a very serious problem. Perhaps the original poster should change the name of this thread to attract the attention of moderators.

NeenaL60
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

Re:Color blast blocker and shovel no longer fires!

[Post New]by NeenaL60 on Sep 23, 16 2:29 AM
I was going to start a new thread but thought refreshing this one would serve better. There are many people here who explain things better than I ever could. That said I'll add my reply and hope others will add their voice to ours. I feel this is a big problem and has the potential to really be a huge cluster.. please read & add your name and/or comment. I noticed this change the other day and have just been waiting to see...I can't believe there's not been a bigger response to this change!
Does this mean instructions to get around a color blocking tile level needs to be amended or another solution such as a different boost i.e.: waterfall or sonic boom used? W
I guess it's probably try it and see if it works, if it doesn't then use yet another shovel and if not cleared use a different more expensive boom,$$$ waterfall or ask a moderator again....

Capedcat
Guppy
Guppy
132 Posts

[Post New]by Capedcat on Sep 23, 16 6:07 AM
This is a serious error on developers' part. Mods, have you been passing along players' concerns to developers and admins?

Jannes2
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by Jannes2 on Sep 23, 16 6:32 AM
I'm joining the chorus of unhappy players. Please review this update and make it easier to unlock the chained color blocks. I'm in St. Petersburg, have already requested help on level 101 and now I'm stuck on level 118. Beginning to hate this game!!! A challenge is fine, but making it impossible to pass a level without spending serious money is unacceptable. Looking for improvement.

Trav3lbird
Clownfish
Clownfish
823 Posts

[Post New]by Trav3lbird on Sep 23, 16 11:41 AM
This change makes many levels in different cities almost unplayable and it is time the mods and customer service people took it up with the developer who thought it was smart to make this change. Enough is enough and it is time they took some action or they are going to lose players!!

Pixiecloud
Minnow
Minnow
258 Posts

[Post New]by Pixiecloud on Sep 23, 16 5:37 PM
Trav3lbird wrote:This change makes many levels in different cities almost unplayable and it is time the mods and customer service people took it up with the developer who thought it was smart to make this change. Enough is enough and it is time they took some action or they are going to lose players!!

Yeah, I played on 2 devices and deleted the game on both.
I'M checking here on the board if something has changed, and until I see that we are back to "somewhat normal" I'll find other things to do.
(Not just the color bombs, lost a ton of coins and vouchers at the last update as well.)

Here is hoping for better times.

Happy playing everyone

NeenaL60
Minnow
Minnow
251 Posts

[Post New]by NeenaL60 on Sep 27, 16 2:18 AM
PIxie totally undstand....
I'm stuck....lost in LA! Tired of endless conversations with CS, which is great but shouldn't be a integral part of play! Love gummy-hate moves like this...BRING BACK SHOVELS as they were! Why? Why? Why?

lordkalvan
Stingray
Stingray
5,577 Posts

[Post New]by lordkalvan on Oct 5, 16 5:25 PM
Since the Transylvania release, shovels fire line blasts again. Has anybody tried them on color blast?

I am hoping that this was a bug and it is now fixed, rather than a gameplay change decision.

Go to: