bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Eden's Quest: The Hunt for Akua technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Mar 4, 10 1:06 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, p lease get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Edited on 03/10/2010 at 2:39:08 PM PST

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

Re:Eden's Quest technical issues

[Post New]by phatkhat on Mar 4, 10 2:07 AM
Sigh. Every carpy game I hate installs and plays fine. Get one I really want to play, nada.

On this one, I disabled AVG before I started, knowing there are conflicts. Then when the download started, At about 4,ooo kb, the word "validating" pops up and then the download continues. But it won't install. It will get to 99% and nothing happens. I've deleted and redownloading, but still see that "validating", and I'm sure it isn't going to play.

I guess I'll get rid of AVG and see what happens. I have NOT had this trouble on downloads from other sites, and I'm thinking it's the game manager...

lineck
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,140 Posts

[Post New]by lineck on Mar 4, 10 2:14 AM
Just before mine finished a window popped up saying I had to download a window thing I said yes if that helps any. as it looks like a great game, Good Luck

lineck

[Post New]by EcclesCakes on Mar 4, 10 2:16 AM
Downloaded and ran fine, EXCEPT for no sound of any type! Ideas?

Eccles Cakes

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Mar 4, 10 2:21 AM
C++ Visual Redistributable something. Yes, and that installation failed, too. The game appears to have installed, but it won't load. I click to start it and nothing happens. Well, I'm really frustrated, but I'm going to bed.

I'll take it up with customer service tomorrow. Hope they do better with this one than the last one.

karen876
Catfish
Catfish
1,524 Posts

[Post New]by karen876 on Mar 4, 10 3:32 AM
I managed to get to the first puzzle! Then everything went carp. First of all I didn't have all the pieces to complete a puzzle. Quit using the Task Manager. Tried again and this time the cursor disappeared *sigh*.... Always on the games that look good... I'm going to try again without the custom cursor (at least I think it's a custom one). Will report back.

Anniejo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
24,109 Posts

[Post New]by Anniejo on Mar 4, 10 3:36 AM
This is wierd, I installed it on my comp, and ran choppy and could not play it, put it on my lap top and it runs with no problems.

bootsie21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,188 Posts

[Post New]by bootsie21 on Mar 4, 10 3:37 AM
I`ve had to download Microsoft Visual Basic ++ Runtime during the installation, thought I already had that, maybe it was an update.... anyway, the game is running fine for me now.

karen876
Catfish
Catfish
1,524 Posts

[Post New]by karen876 on Mar 4, 10 3:49 AM
No it's not a custom cursor. I could actually see it this time but then everything went to hell again. Trashed it.

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Mar 4, 10 3:50 AM
Its a shame because this sounds like a great game.

I too had the C++ fail to install. I then uninstalled it, downloaded C++ independantly, re downloaded the game & this time C++ was repaired.

But I still can't get further than the sign in screen, 1 letter of my name in 6 minutes.

I checked the resourses & this game was using between 252,000 and 259,000 memory & between 80 & 95 of my CPU.

I have 33 mins left of game play & I can't even start the thing.

I do hope they get it fixed.

Odd though that some of you can play it & some of us can not.

nelliegemini
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,898 Posts

[Post New]by nelliegemini on Mar 4, 10 4:06 AM
I have uninstalled and re-installed and have downloaded the C++ thing and it is very choppy with the aforesaid 'one letter of my name in 6 minutes'. This time I got as far as the options screen, but nothing worked, so I got out of it using Task Manager (again).

Shame, because as JoJo says, it sounds like a great game.

I have just insalled the full version of Win 7 Home Premium, since I had a trail version of Ultimate on before which had run out. I do hope this isn't a 7 problem because it has been peachy for me up to now.

jojo_the_joyful
Salmon
Salmon
2,761 Posts

[Post New]by jojo_the_joyful on Mar 4, 10 4:38 AM
Hi Nellie. I am running vista premium 32 bit with 1 Gig of ram.

Not the most up to date of machines but works well.

I hope it isn't a processor thing (1.86 GHz )

ethan1404
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by ethan1404 on Mar 4, 10 4:49 AM
Hi everyone from Australia! Yes, like you all, Visual Basic downloaded alright, went into the game and my name too, took about 5 minutes for 5 letters! Finally got to the first puzzle and choppy, cursor moves on its own, then nothing moved! I have Windows Ultimate, 1 GB graphics card, latest and greatest machine and this happens! Quickly got out of it (finally) so as not to waste anymore time. But then got an error violation access message. Will wait and hopefully, Big Fish quickly see all these messages and fix all the problems. One thing, they usually do rectify a game within a day or two. Onya BF and hurry because this looks like a good game

[Post New]by CheekyC on Mar 4, 10 5:02 AM
HI All,

Another one from Australia. I have also reinstalled Microsoft Visual Basic ++ Runtime and while this helped the game a little there was still quite lenghly lag times and curser jumping all over the place. I have noted that even the initial BigFish Games splash has some lag when opening.

Will read the forum again tomorrow to see if this has been fixed.

Here is hoping

cherbtoo
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
22,629 Posts

[Post New]by cherbtoo on Mar 4, 10 5:12 AM
phatkhat wrote:Sigh. Every carpy game I hate installs and plays fine. Get one I really want to play, nada.

On this one, I disabled AVG before I started, knowing there are conflicts. Then when the download started, At about 4,ooo kb, the word "validating" pops up and then the download continues. But it won't install. It will get to 99% and nothing happens. I've deleted and redownloading, but still see that "validating", and I'm sure it isn't going to play.

I guess I'll get rid of AVG and see what happens. I have NOT had this trouble on downloads from other sites, and I'm thinking it's the game manager...

Phatkhat I am using AVG Internet Security version 9.0.733 with XP and the game installed fine and I have done 2 puzzles so far with no problems (touch wood that none occur when I go to continue playing) so is it possible that something else could be causing your problems?

((( sympathetic hugs )))

[Post New]by nublag on Mar 4, 10 5:48 AM
Hello guys! I had the same issue : the game was running very slowly and I was not able to play :/
But I think my husband found the solution : there were no drivers installed on my computer (with Windows 7). So he downloaded the drivers in the Nvidia website, installed it, and now the game runs perfectly!
But I hadn't the issue with Microsoft Visual Basic ++ Runtime, so I hope it can help you.

lineck
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,140 Posts

[Post New]by lineck on Mar 4, 10 5:57 AM
Hi everyone from Aussie too
Mine crashed around Totem 10 on the first chapter it just hung could not cnt del so had to close down and restart. Then it ran okay until the end of Chapter 1 I got an access violation. I have XP a decent computer but the processor is running around 90% (need to upgrade soon) but plenty of memory. I love this game so hope it is fixed soon. I will be contacting Cuistomer Support. Hope everyone else does also, so they know there is a problem with the game and not the individual. Seems like too many problems lately, shame.

Cheers
lineck

[Post New]by baglady159 on Mar 4, 10 6:46 AM
Game was choppy from the start. Couldn't get the cursor to move except with stops and starts. So slow. Very disappointed. Only made it to first puzzle and it was way too easy. Then game stopped altogether. Couldn't exit game without control/alt/delete. Then whole computer was slow and had to restart. Think I'll just drop this one in the trash. Not worth the time.

lineck
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,140 Posts

[Post New]by lineck on Mar 4, 10 6:56 AM
I posted this else where but after reading the BF re drivers and another fish that has downloaded the nvdia drivers then ran okay I have checked diagx that is okay but ran the Nvdia deleted game and am no installing again as realy love this type of game, the puzzles make you think but are logic and it looks long enough.

will keep you all posted

lineck

rita9720
Seahorse
Seahorse
34 Posts

[Post New]by rita9720 on Mar 4, 10 7:03 AM
Finished downloading. Started to play, got past first puzzle, was given 25 coins and a map. Could not click on button to activate map because the screen is too wide and not long enough. Tried all the settings and they were all poor. Please get this problem and others straightened out. Seems like a good game but not worth the aggravation and time consumption. Thank you.

Go to: