woodentot
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,391 Posts

Good Puzzle Game

[Post New]by woodentot on Mar 4, 10 6:19 AM
This is not a HOG, but I love it, it's making me use my little grey cells. The Math problems are not for me, my points are not very good when doing them. The other puzzles so far are easier, more logic and sliders which I love. This is a game where you could do a few puzzles each day. Yes I am going to buy this, the graphics are great. I did play a game against the old man, but lost, because I didn't think the instructions were very good. Next time I hope to win.

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

Re:Good Puzzle Game

[Post New]by amj0963 on Mar 4, 10 7:48 AM
woodentot i totally agree with you. at first i saw the math puzzles and i thought oh no, not a game for me but the more i played it the more i liked it. i also agree about the game with the old man the instructions could have been a little bit more instructive on what to do or at least showed a sample of how to play.

lineck
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,140 Posts

[Post New]by lineck on Mar 4, 10 8:01 AM
Yes I lost there as well then realised I did not have to hit the next one but one at the end or near a low one for him but still lost. I am on the one day after the day before I am now brain dead and now too tooo late for a so I must need some but yes love it and will replay and get then right or some next time.

it is 2am here in Aussie so should go to bed

Good night all

lineck

Poodlebear
Manatee
Manatee
4,049 Posts

[Post New]by Poodlebear on Mar 4, 10 8:31 AM
Loving it as well. It's soooo refreshing to see a truly unique game and FINALLY! someone incorporates logic problems (a favorite) into a game! Also sequences and pathing, also love. Find I have the worst time with the math word problems, but I'm limping along thru those.

Anyway, I have no time for a full review (MUST go to bed!) but great, pretty, extremely unique Quiz game that does indeed challenge the leetle gray cells! WAY Poodlebear Approved! (tho expect some gnarly lag on older/slower systems like mine. Patience grasshopper...)

jboliver1999
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jboliver1999 on Mar 4, 10 8:38 AM
I tried this game and it is very similar to the Professor Layton games for DS. The puzzles do get your gray matter going.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Mar 4, 10 8:39 AM
I am happy that so many enjoy this game, but its not really a game for me. Too complicated, to many thinking. I prefer "normally" hogs and ihogs.

mammadenny
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by mammadenny on Mar 4, 10 9:20 AM
I too love this game. Will definetely buy it.

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Mar 4, 10 9:22 AM
Loved it and bought it after 30 minutes.

lauder
Herring
Herring
358 Posts

[Post New]by lauder on Mar 4, 10 9:25 AM
love this game but wish it had a walk thru cant figue out how 2 do the cake thing. please help

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Mar 5, 10 2:37 AM
lauder wrote:love this game but wish it had a walk thru cant figue out how 2 do the cake thing. please help

Sorry for the delay- the walkthrough is now posted:

Copy and paste into the address bar of your browser and hit enter-

http://www.bigfishgames.com/blog/edens-quest-the-hunt-for-akua-walkthrough/

gudrun_se
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by gudrun_se on Mar 5, 10 12:14 PM
jboliver1999 wrote:I tried this game and it is very similar to the Professor Layton games for DS. The puzzles do get your gray matter going.

That's right, it's like Professor Layton... so it's a great game as P.L. is!

I would like they make a sequel, it could be so great!

sunnny
Manatee
Manatee
3,945 Posts

[Post New]by sunnny on Mar 6, 10 6:39 AM
Just finished the game & loved it!!!!!
I wish there would be more like it.
However, I wonder how it would be without daily dose of L.O.B.E.
and occasional peak in prpldva's walkthrough.

Go to: