bfgAegean
Catfish
Catfish
1,568 Posts

New Build Available for Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - 10/24/08

[Post New]by bfgAegean on Oct 10, 08 4:01 PM
Hello everyone! I just thought I'd let you know that we have received a new build of Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena from its developers. It addresses the problems many of you are having with the panel door puzzle in the Kyoto, Japan level.

The new build is currently being tested here at Big Fish Games, and should be available for download on the site early next week. When the new build goes live, I will stop back in and let everyone know that it's ready.

In the meantime, here is our help topic that explains how to download a new build of a game you already own.

Uninstall / Reinstall a Game.

Thank you for visiting the forums!

Edited on 10/24/2008 at 10:13:18 AM PST

Re:New Build for Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena - COMING SOON

[Post New]by dylansnana1 on Oct 10, 08 4:14 PM
Does this mean we are going to have to start the game over??

looloo123
Stingray
Stingray
5,004 Posts

[Post New]by looloo123 on Oct 10, 08 4:41 PM
yes i dont understand why they cant just provide a patch.

bfgAegean
Catfish
Catfish
1,568 Posts

[Post New]by bfgAegean on Oct 10, 08 4:47 PM
Hello dylansnana1. To answer you question, yes, installing the new build of the game will require you to create a new profile for the fix to work. If you follow the instructions listed here when the new build is released, you will be able to install the fix, create a new profile, and play the game. I hope this answers your question.

Happy gaming!

Edited on 10/15/2008 at 10:01:13 AM PST

Celeryhart
Herring
Herring
346 Posts

[Post New]by Celeryhart on Oct 10, 08 5:48 PM
GREAT NEWS.... ! I hope they fix the flying fire pot too.. cause it has a tendancy to fly off into space and not land in your tools. I'm sure there are lots of other funny things happening too.

Tell them we love their game.... it is one of the best I"ve played... really.. !! And we want another one real soon......

MURPHY
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,237 Posts

[Post New]by MURPHY on Oct 10, 08 6:14 PM
What a great game. I'd love to see Samantha go off on another adventure in a new game. Tell them we need a sequel.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 10, 08 6:38 PM
MURPHY wrote:What a great game. I'd love to see Samantha go off on another adventure in a new game. Tell them we need a sequel.
Ditto!

[Post New]by OnWisconsin on Oct 10, 08 10:00 PM
Silly me. Now I get it after posting too many questions about the panel doors. And thanks for not making us start over BF.....A HUGE THANK YOU FOR THAT. I promise you all..no more panel questions. sorry.... (love the game!!!)

[Post New]by allbabes on Oct 11, 08 7:42 AM
ALTHOUGH I LOVED THIS GAME.

I think there is also a problem with the "find the differences in the picture" in the Asia puzzle. This is very near the end - about 3rd last rose.

After finding all but the last "difference" - the game gets stuck.

Even after using the hint and clicking 50 times where the hint "glows" - nothing works.

I've sent screen shots to tech support and they have confirmed that there is a bug there.

April

[Post New]by muttbo on Oct 11, 08 7:57 AM
YESSSS I really thought I was losing my mind glad to know Im only semi crazy

scarletrose
Lobster
Lobster
94 Posts

[Post New]by scarletrose on Oct 11, 08 8:07 AM
This game really needs a reset button that takes you back to the start of level. I really get tierd of having to start the game over every time there is a problem. Finally had enough, played 4 players. Took each one level by level so if one froze or had a problem I had others in about the same place.I will finish this game. Have quest of my own to do so.

Edited on 10/11/2008 at 8:09:07 AM PST

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 11, 08 8:56 AM
brokenankle wrote:I am stuck at the Air Medal. The hint shows it is on the green "material" but nothing happens. I need this for the madalion.
You will need the water basin and the fire basin- There are two places beneath the green drape. The water goes over the fire.

juliamadeane
Flounder
Flounder
2,137 Posts

[Post New]by juliamadeane on Oct 11, 08 9:00 AM
scarletrose wrote:This game really needs a reset button that takes you back to the start of level. I really get tierd of having to start the game over every time there is a problem. Finally had enough, played 4 players. Took each one level by level so if one froze or had a problem I had others in about the same place.I will finish this game. Have quest of my own to do so.

That's a good idea! I hadn't thought of that one!!!

[Post New]by GarthV8der on Oct 11, 08 11:19 PM
I played the demo, did'nt run in to any gliches mentioned but 60 min. probably wasn't enough time to get to them,lol- waiting to see if it shows up as an Octoberfest Game to buy it , I just need 2 for my cup,....how bought it BFG?

grommet
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by grommet on Oct 12, 08 7:41 PM
I'm so glad there will be a rebuild as I'm sick of having to become a new player to try to get beyond one problem, ony to come upon another. I've given up playing as it's a waste of time. I'll try again when the rebuild comes out.

azpennylo
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by azpennylo on Oct 13, 08 9:15 AM
I wrote to BF, told them I had restarted 3 times and run into different glitches each time. I am now on my 4th, and if I don't get a re-build soon, I am asking for a refund. Hope it comes soon cause if I run into another glitch on the 4th try, I give up. It is becomming boring.
Good luck to all of you and lets hope for a re-build soon.
Penny

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 13, 08 9:22 AM
azpennylo wrote:I wrote to BF, told them I had restarted 3 times and run into different glitches each time. I am now on my 4th, and if I don't get a re-build soon, I am asking for a refund. Hope it comes soon cause if I run into another glitch on the 4th try, I give up. It is becomming boring.
Good luck to all of you and lets hope for a re-build soon.
Penny
The rebuild is due out this week

Re:New Build for Samantha Swift and the Hidden Roses of Athena

[Post New]by Geener_Weener on Oct 13, 08 5:30 PM
Well I must say I am extremely pleased. Again BFG's has come through. bfgAegean; thank you so much. I uninstalled and reinstalled through my game purchase history. It's working perfectly.

I am soooo happy! I love this game! I am in bliss! And thank you again!

Kindly,
Gina

mfbethel
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
11 Posts

[Post New]by mfbethel on Oct 13, 08 5:41 PM
Hello,

I uninstalled/reinstalled today (5mins ago) and I am still stuck @ Japanese Panels. HELP!!

azpennylo
Starfish
Starfish
45 Posts

[Post New]by azpennylo on Oct 13, 08 5:57 PM
I un-installed/re-installed a few min ago, and I am still stuck in the Egypt room. I have scroll, and black light and I still cannot leave the room.
Any suggestions anyone?
Thanks,
Penny

Go to: