cal711
Guppy
Guppy
162 Posts

Have the BCA games become extinct?

[Post New]by cal711 on Aug 12, 16 11:10 AM
I posted a thread a few months ago asking when the new BCA game (presumably Rome from the hints at the end of the Shanghai one) would be coming out but didn't get a response from a moderator. I check the site every day hoping to see the new BCA game but no luck. I have a horrible sinking suspicion that there isn't going to be another one.

The BCA's have been my favorite series because I just don't like the games that have characters, storylines, and inventories... I love the simplicity of finding hidden objects and playing a fun game between scenes. Apparently those kinds of games are going the way of the dinosaurs and won't be seen again, which is a shame.

Could a moderator please let me (and probably others like me) know if there even IS going to be a new BCA game? It would be great to know one way or the other. Thanks.

bfgBellerophon
Marlin
Marlin
9,130 Posts

Re:Have the BCA games become extinct?

[Post New]by bfgBellerophon on Aug 12, 16 11:57 AM
Hi cal711,

I see that there is some question regarding when another Big City Adventure game will be available for players. While the moderators wish we could provide more information to the players regarding game releases, this information simply isn't disclosed to us. It is highly recommended to continue to check the New Releases PC page on the site. That particular page is updated daily for players.

I do apologize that a response from a moderator wasn't received. The Moderation Team oversees 1000s of game forums and we thank you for your patience and understanding.

bfgBellerophon

cal711
Guppy
Guppy
162 Posts

[Post New]by cal711 on Aug 13, 16 10:38 AM
Thanks for taking the time to respond to me. I just thought the moderators might have special insight as to if/when a new game is going to be available.

BCA Shanghai certainly hinted that there'd be another one (I guessed Rome from the clues) but it's been months since that game came out. Since the BCA games seem to be "simpler" in design and there have been so many of them already, it seems like it would be fairly easy and quick to roll out another one. I'm trying to stay optimistic about another one but with each passing day that I don't see it listed on the Big Fish site, I become a little more resigned to Shanghai being the last one we're going to see. But hope springs eternal, I guess.

Thanks again for the reply.

lilyr
Marlin
Marlin
8,137 Posts

[Post New]by lilyr on Aug 13, 16 11:57 AM
Hi cal,

While you're waiting for the next BCA may I suggest the VACATION ADVENTURES: PARK RANGER games. They have a small amount of story (you're a Park Ranger checking on various areas) but they are primarily HOGs with some puzzles between them. The graphics are beautiful and clear. I've played all 4 and really enjoy them. I can't wait for the next to be released!

cal711
Guppy
Guppy
162 Posts

[Post New]by cal711 on Aug 13, 16 5:21 PM
Thanks for the tip, lily. I'm not aware of those games but I'm willing to give them a look-see. Big Fish has soooooo many games (which is great) but when I click on ones that look interesting from their titles, etc., I can usually tell just by the few still photos of them if I'm going to bother installing them to play free for a while. Like I said in my original post, I'm not a fan of the inventories so if I see them in the photos, I stop right there and look at another game.

**EDIT (8/14/16): I checked out Park Ranger 1 and played free for 1 hour. That hour went by SO fast!! I really enjoyed the game because it was just like you said... find hidden objects and play games between scenes. I have to admit that some of the objects are hard to find and I've had to use a few hints, plus there are other things to do in each scene (like finding trash for the bin and locating the silhouetted objects). I'm also enjoying the in-between games but some of those have been tricky as well, particularly one where tiles had to be rotated to get the scene correct but some of those tiles were tiny squares and consisted of leaves on a tree (VERY hard to get those right). After enjoying that free hour so much, I decided to go ahead and purchase the game and I just finished playing it for about another hour. Thank you so much for your suggestion.

Edited on 08/14/2016 at 4:54:03 PM PST

[Post New]by Volgirl on Sep 5, 16 7:04 PM
I myself like the hidden object and mini games only type games, I sure wish I could find more of that type. Some of my favorites are BCA, Mystery PI, Dream Day Wedding, Vacation Adventure Park Ranger and Cruise Director. If you know of any more I would love to hear about them.

cal711
Guppy
Guppy
162 Posts

[Post New]by cal711 on Sep 6, 16 9:14 AM
What first got me started on this whole computer games adventure several years ago were 2 games in particular, both Mystery Case Files: "Prime Suspects" and "Huntsville". It's been quite a while since I've played either of them but they're very straightforward hidden object scenes and the in-between games involve swapping tiles to reveal a picture of someone who might be a culprit. I liked those 2 games so much that I also bought another Mystery Case Files game, "Madame Fate", which has a very creepy atmosphere to it (circus sideshow stuff and weird music). I've never had any luck with the in-between games on that one though. They did a sequel to "Madame Fate" but I did the "Play Free for 1 Hour" but didn't even last that long because I didn't like it. Another good Mystery Case Files game is "Ravenhearst" but I didn't like its sequel, "Return to Ravenhearst", because it had the inventory aspect that I don't like.

Another group of simple HOG's I've enjoyed are from Amazing Adventures: "Around the World", "Caribbean Secret", "Forgotten Dynasty", "The Lost Tomb", and "Riddle of the Two Knights".

I also like "Vacation Quest: Australia" and "Vacation Quest: Hawaiian Islands" ; I'm not sure if there are any others in that series.

My sister had one on her computer that might have been a Mystery Case Files one (not sure though)... it was "Titanic" and had HO scenes and in-between puzzles that were easy but enjoyable. It also had some really hypnotic music.

Since another poster recommended "Vacation Adventures: Park Ranger" and I enjoyed it so much, I decided to bite the bullet and during a "half-off" sale last week, I bought "Park Ranger 2, 3, and 4" as well as "Cruise Director 1, 2, and 3"!! I found PR 2 to be more difficult than PR 1 and I decided to take a break from it to play PR 3 and now I'm on PR 4. I might try CD 1 before going back to PR 2. At any rate, those games are exactly what I like about computer games but I admit that some of the objects are REALLY hard to find and I've had to use the Hints button more than I'm used to. Still, I'm having fun and that's what matters.

I haven't checked but I imagine that all of the games I mentioned are still on the Big Fish site so you could check out some of them by playing free to see if you like them. Good luck!

cal711
Guppy
Guppy
162 Posts

[Post New]by cal711 on Sep 6, 16 9:22 AM
NOTE: That "Titanic" game I referred to was a Hidden Expedition game and it's on the Big Fish site.

I checked and found that unfortunately, the Amazing Adventure and Vacation Quest games I mentioned are NOT on the Big Fish site.

Go to: