bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Time Riddles: The Mansion technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Mar 5, 10 1:09 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, p lease get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Edited on 03/10/2010 at 2:48:58 PM PST

ShayB
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

Re:Time Riddles: The Mansion technical issues

[Post New]by ShayB on Mar 5, 10 8:00 AM
The opening page of the game is garbled. It is not possible to see any choices, so although I played the trial and put my name in as the player, when I purchased the game and went back to play it, I could not see where to keep playing as myself. When I randomly clicked to get into the game, it started me over again.

It is weird, because the game itself is working, but the opening page is totally garbled.

ShayB
Starfish
Starfish
42 Posts

[Post New]by ShayB on Mar 5, 10 11:04 AM
New problem! I uninstalled and reinstalled the game. The first page is still garbled, but in addition when I went to play it started over but when it got to the dice roll that takes you to the room with the large pjonograph there was nothing to do. It was showing one clue left but that would not work. Leaving and rerolling the dice does not work either. This is so frustrating!

angelfishsb
Minnow
Minnow
258 Posts

[Post New]by angelfishsb on Mar 5, 10 11:10 AM
I am having the same problem as ShayB. When I demoed the game everything worked perfectly and I was enjoying the game. But, when I purchased it, it took me back to the beginning, which was fine, but when I got to the Garden in the middle of the Board, there was nothing in list on the right. I uninstalled and restalled and it was just the same. Another thing when it took me back to the befinning there were no jewels to be found in the Kitchen, Backdoor, and Library. Pleas help, I want to play.

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Mar 5, 10 11:15 AM
**** scenes played technically okay (but not fun) but the problem came with the first match-3 puzzle which I had to complete in order to rebuild hints - after a few moves it froze on me.
Had to Task Manager out of it.
Not worth effort to try to resolve, in my opinion. Removed the game.

[Post New]by scoutermom on Mar 5, 10 1:19 PM
ShayB wrote:New problem! I uninstalled and reinstalled the game. The first page is still garbled, but in addition when I went to play it started over but when it got to the dice roll that takes you to the room with the large pjonograph there was nothing to do. It was showing one clue left but that would not work. Leaving and rerolling the dice does not work either. This is so frustrating!

I'm having the same problem. When trying to change the buttons on the phonograph, I'm unable to, so I can't get the last gem in this area. Is there any fix available for this issue?

helpme60
Clownfish
Clownfish
708 Posts

[Post New]by helpme60 on Mar 5, 10 1:48 PM
I am having the same problem as others. Stuck in the garden with the phonograph and mud splatter that will not respond to any amount of clicking.

I just sent customer service an email about this and hope they respond quickly as I really want to play this game !

I've uninstalled and reinstalled it several times and instead of letting me start all over again it just sends me back to the garden with same problem as before.

penrose47
Stingray
Stingray
4,597 Posts

[Post New]by penrose47 on Mar 5, 10 5:19 PM
I phoned my good friend he works on computers and teaches at the local college.

I asked him about .....I have a game I can demo OK but after buying it then I DL the WHOLE game it will NOT play right....HE said it is the THE DOWNLOAD PROBLEM "NOT" my computer FOR IF the Demo works the "WHOLE" game should work.

I told him that the game site tells me its my computer , he said "WHAT?" that does not make sense for IF its your computer the DEMO would not work.

?? NOW

PEN
I guess wait until tomm

[Post New]by solson1492 on Mar 6, 10 7:03 AM
Same problem here with the garden. This is the first time I've had a technical issue with a game from Big Fish. All those steps to download 'Dr Felix' is an example of not so good customer service. I'll wait a day or so for the solution - then I'll ask for a refund.

Terri218
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,211 Posts

[Post New]by Terri218 on Mar 6, 10 8:37 AM
I could not even play the demo, I got the garbled page right away and had to use Task Manager to get out. I just ran Dr. Felix recently and was told I was up to date so that is not the problem. Is it possible that today's download is a different file from previous days?

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Mar 6, 10 2:51 PM
Hi fishies,

I just want to drop in here and let folks know that we have gone ahead and sent this issue over to our development team to look into the issue of being stuck in the garden. We are very sorry for the frustration that this error has caused. We do our very best to test each game on a variety of computer types and configurations. However, even with an army of game testers working 24 hours a day we still would not be able to insure that we test for every possible combination of Operating System, Video Cards and Software Updates that are used by everyone. While we know that only a small percentage of people are experiencing this issue, we will do whatever it takes to get this problem resolved quickly.

While we appreciate everyone taking the time to report this in the forums, the best way to get these types of issues resolved is by contacting our Customer Support team. They will gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix. If you would like to continue to assist us with this issue, we ask that you please send a Dr. Felix in your message to Customer Support.

Dr. Felix is a diagnostic reporting tool the tech team uses to get a lot more specific information about what is happening with the game. If you're uncomfortable completing the following steps, I want to urge you to contact Customer Support for more specific help.

Click here to start Dr. Felix

1. Select ‘Run’ or ‘Save File’ to download the Dr. Felix file to your desktop.

2. Next, open the ‘DrFelixBigFish’ file.

3. Once you’ve agreed to the terms, Dr. Felix will start gathering information.

4. Wait for Dr. Felix to finish, then click the ‘Next’ button.

5. A .zip file, named ‘DrFelixResults’ will save to your desktop.

6. Attach the zip file to your support ticket. You don't have to open the .zip file if you don't want to, it's already collected the information it needs.

Click here for information on how to attach a file to your support ticket.

I want to reiterate that if you're uncomfortable with any of the above steps, just shoot an email to Customer Support or hop in to

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Mar 6, 10 2:52 PM
I want to reiterate that if you're uncomfortable with any of the above steps, just shoot an email to Customer Support or hop in to Live Chat if you're a Game Club Member, and a CS Representative will be more than happy to help you out.

bfgTigris

bfgErie
Catfish
Catfish
1,538 Posts

[Post New]by bfgErie on Mar 6, 10 6:36 PM
While we have notified the developer of the game of the problem. We have found a workaround that should get you past the point where some folks are getting stuck. Fortunately, it's an easy fix in that all you need to do is create a new profile in the game and restart the game. Of course, this means you will have to start the game over from the beginning.

We hope to have a better fix in place soon and if you would like to help, please follow the information in bfgTigris's post. We apologize for the trouble and hope that this will be resolved soon.

bfgErie

Ceece
Seahorse
Seahorse
38 Posts

[Post New]by Ceece on Mar 8, 10 11:19 PM
Well, I downloaded your "fix". To begin with the first page is no longer "garbled" the picture is fine, but all there is to read is nothing. There a screen-type thing over the general picture; no "play", "options", "save", etc. Then when I get into the game after activating the dice and getting the 4 plots to pick, I can get to the kitchen, etc and find the gems and artlcles on the list then when it goes to the 3-match there's little to no instructions, but it will prompt which shape to pick. When that's finished and I get to the next batch of 4 that seems to work okay. However, there's no menu if I wanted to exit and return, also with the 2nd 3-match play, it gets stuck when almost all the shapes are matched, freezes and the only way out is to "control/alt/delete". The game never seems to save itself, but then there's no menu to request it. This game is so very frustrating!!! I'm sorry I wasted a credit on it. If there is another "FIX" out there, I love to see it. I'm about to give up.

HonInBalto
Manatee
Manatee
3,526 Posts

Re:Post any Time Riddles: The Mansion technical issues here only

[Post New]by HonInBalto on Mar 21, 10 2:00 PM
I can't even get past the loading bar. The hand cursor just sits there until I exit with task manager, so I never played more than 2 minutes of the demo.

Hazel53Xby
Starfish
Starfish
44 Posts

[Post New]by Hazel53Xby on Mar 12, 11 5:38 AM
This looks a great game for Daily deal, wish i could play it .....
I have checked the specs and my computer more than complies but cannot get started. Everything garbled. I have read that last year there was a fix but not a fix for my problems. Had to Cntrol Alt and Delete to get out as unable to see Menu Options.
WOE is ME AGAIN
LOL hazel

donnamil
Seahorse
Seahorse
32 Posts

[Post New]by donnamil on Mar 12, 11 1:32 PM
This is a new problem. I got to the first screen with no problems and entered my name, but when I hit play, the screen was VERY dark--to the point where I couldn't identify any of the rooms. I could see that there were dice but that was about all. I clicked all around and "the Lights" came on, I rolled the dice, went to a room and all was dark again. I, too, had to control/alt/delete to the task manager which told me the game was running. Wish I could play it, but if there are continuing problems, probably better to skip it.

Go to: