Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Reflections of Life: Call of the Ancestors Collector's Edition her

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Aug 13, 16 12:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 08/13/2016 at 8:20:18 AM PST

Menorca11
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Reflections of Life: Call of the Ancestors Collector's Edition

[Post New]by Menorca11 on Aug 13, 16 1:16 AM
8 minutes in and game keeps crashing. Another annoying technical fault.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Reflections of Life: Call of the Ancestors Collector's Edition

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Aug 13, 16 8:20 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgPanthalassa

[Post New]by soquelcalifornia on Aug 13, 16 10:14 AM
This is just idiotic. In the "room" in disguise, early in the game—trying to print, but the stupid stupid stupid hint button tells me to close the window, points me back downstairs into the first "room" (where the game at the table took place, with the four circles).

There is NOTHING to be done, NOTHING in the inventory, and the whole thing is just stupid. Gah.

[Post New]by Galatrin on Aug 13, 16 1:57 PM
soquelcalifornia, on that game table, there is a hooded figure card on the right to pick up. The printer needs that card to print the password.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Reflections of Life: Call of the Ancestors Collector's Editio

[Post New]by soquelcalifornia on Aug 13, 16 2:53 PM
Galatrin wrote:soquelcalifornia, on that game table, there is a hooded figure card on the right to pick up. The printer needs that card to print the password.

Having played the game, there is NOTHING left for me to do. I can't go back to the table: it merely says something about the "statue." I can't click that table, my inventory is empty, and the stupid hint does no good. It points back to that room, but without doing anything, there is nothing left to do and nothing to be done in the stupid printer room.

GAH AGAIN. (But thank you for trying. There goes my demo time!)

LadyBe205
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by LadyBe205 on Aug 14, 16 6:19 PM
I can't open the game in Windows 10. I keep getting the error message - boost::filesystem::unique_path: Key not valid for use in specified state. I've tried deleting the game, clearing the cache and reinstalling the game, but it didn't help.

LovetoMissLisa
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,823 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Reflections of Life: Call of the Ancestors Collector's Editio

[Post New]by LovetoMissLisa on Aug 15, 16 7:41 AM
LadyBe205 wrote:I can't open the game in Windows 10. I keep getting the error message - boost::filesystem::unique_path: Key not valid for use in specified state. I've tried deleting the game, clearing the cache and reinstalling the game, but it didn't help.

I get the same Error code. And I can't even open or try the demo. Windows Vista 64. This is the firs time I've had this problem. But, from the reviews...I'm not sure I'm missing anything. But, I do like to own the entire Series in a Game. I wounder if they get a fix. I sent a help message to ....but all I ever get now...is automated answers. I know how to get a game working. But, this is in the game.

Just want to let you know LadyBe205...your not alone.
Lisa

jennsmom
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,207 Posts

[Post New]by jennsmom on Aug 17, 16 11:11 AM
Played the beta. Tried the demo. Played the game for 20 minutes or so. Now, I can't get back in: Access Denied.

I am not a happy fishie.

[Post New]by dannie1983 on Aug 17, 16 11:15 AM
Got windows 10, game won't even install, no error message is displayed, the only thing that happens is that the game manager pops up on the Mygames tab.

This is the second game now that I've had this trouble!

Syndalee
Guppy
Guppy
152 Posts

[Post New]by Syndalee on Aug 17, 16 5:30 PM
Mac running 10.11.6
I got as far as the guy hanging in the tree. Kicked out three times now. This is ridiculous. Won't be buying.

bachlein
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by bachlein on Aug 18, 16 2:27 PM
I'm having some of the same kinds of problems...I printed the password, but didn't put the "coin" in the thing underneath. The guard at the door took my password, but I can't get the machine to "print" my coin now. And the hint just has me going from one room to another (but the same two rooms...one after another.)

bachlein
Guppy
Guppy
151 Posts

[Post New]by bachlein on Aug 18, 16 3:09 PM
I got past this problem. I had the chip in the machine...and then just kept pushing the buttons and got the chip printed and could give it to the guard.

Debbie387
Minnow
Minnow
253 Posts

[Post New]by Debbie387 on Aug 23, 16 6:42 PM
Using Windows Vista, have got to the last scene of defeating the baddie and it freezes on the second last animal / element combination, have to shutdown the PC using the power button, can go no further. Have had no other problems in this game.

eponym
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by eponym on Aug 24, 16 7:24 AM
The game has crashed repeatedly, must restart. It is not good enough to warrant such annoyance. One more time and I will request a refund.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Aug 24, 16 10:35 AM
Hello everyone,

Thank you for taking the time to post your experiences while playing this game. It sounds like a few players are seeing the game crash or freeze, some are seeing a strange error message, and others are having trouble installing or getting the game to start. When technical issues such as these occur, we like to recommend to check out our Help Pages first to see if there's a quick method of troubleshooting that issue. Here's a page that has some help for games that freeze or crash while playing:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen

The following page has steps that might assist when there is trouble installing a game:

Problems Downloading or Installation Failed

For Mac users, this page might assist with crashes, freezes, or other technical issues encountered with our games:

Mac Game Troubleshooting

If you are receiving the following error message "boost::filesystem::unique_path: Key not valid for use in specified state", have tried the above steps to no avail, or would like personalized assistance, then please reach out to our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps can gather data on and report issues to the right team, are able to provide custom troubleshooting support beyond what the forums are able to provide, and they're always happy to help.

Thank you all for your patience.

bfgIlinalta

[Post New]by paynow on Sep 7, 16 12:54 AM
error code can:t download

jdylea
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by jdylea on Sep 28, 16 11:48 AM
There is something wrong with this game!
I get the code and print the coin and hand both to the guards and then I freeze up can't go through. Tried twice now!
When there are issues like this, they should pull the game and fix so others don't have to go through this!!!!

Go to: