RyeMcLaughlin
Stingray
Stingray
4,659 Posts

Flower Paradise for Mac

[Post New]by RyeMcLaughlin on Mar 5, 10 6:18 AM
I just finished the demo of Flower Paradise. It's a Match 3 a bit like Fishdom, with an extra way of clearing tiles by making rectangles with matching corners. I finished the bronze level of the first of three gardens, so I should have plenty of playing time left.

The developers seemed to be going for very relaxing. The music is not great, but it can be ignored. I personally wish that the sound effects for the powerups were not so wimpy. IMHO an earthquake should be a little louder and more dramatic, but I like explosions.

You make matches to get money to create a garden. You choose flowers, animals and decor. The animals move around and the cherry trees sway in a breeze. For some reason you can't put more than one koi in the pond.

The powerups fit the game setting well. You get a thunderstorm, earthquake, tornado, rain, and sun, which are set against thorns, ice and stone.

It's not terribly challenging, but something light and pretty to counteract the snow and ice outside my window right now. It's a keeper for me.

Edited on 03/05/2010 at 6:20:50 AM PST

Go to: