bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

Comment and Reviews for Time Riddles: The Mansion

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Mar 5, 10 8:58 AM
Hey Fishies! What do you think of Time Riddles: The Mansion?

We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post. Space

Hope to hear from you!

bfgTigris

mcquigan
Clownfish
Clownfish
726 Posts

Re:Comment and Reviews for Time Riddles: The Mansion

[Post New]by mcquigan on Mar 5, 10 9:36 AM
I am not a huge fan of hidden object games, but I do like this one.
You have the scene where you find things, and within that scene you solve a riddle, and find jewels, at the end of a chapter you play a match three game.
You are punished for too many bad clicks.
Graphics are good, and it is not a pixel hunt for my middle aged eyes.
I played an hour, at a pokey place and am 8% through the game.

I forgot to add that I exited and created a new profile, there are some new things to find.

Edited on 03/05/2010 at 10:12:21 AM PST

Smallhaven
Rainbowfish
Rainbowfish
42,220 Posts

[Post New]by Smallhaven on Mar 5, 10 9:53 AM
All in all, I enjoyed this game quite a bit. At least the hour demo I did. Played at a fairly slow pace and was able to complete 18% of the game in an hour. Or maybe it was a bit more when time ran out.

The riddles are a nice insertion to the standard HOG, as is the match game. The objects are on the large size in the scene but not quite as sharp in detail as I'd like. Maybe it's the 22" monitor I use. The objects are a hodgepodge and not necessarily related to the room you are in.

I had little trouble finding the jewels. With no timer to the game, if you sit back and chill - a sparkle will appear. Click it for the jewel or to interact with an object for the jewel to make its appearance.

I didn't encounter the punishment for too many bad clicks. Have no clue what happens if you do. Only used one hint the hour of game play and had I not gotten impatient - probably wouldn't have needed it.

Will I purchase this game? More than likely. If not for myself, for my hubby who prefers HOG's over iHOG's or heavily puzzled HOG's.

snapnhiss
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,483 Posts

[Post New]by snapnhiss on Mar 5, 10 11:02 AM
I read some unfavorable reviews but I figured I'd try the demo anyway and I'm pleased I did. There are so many little games and puzzles even in the HOG screen, that it's very entertaining. And the riddles crack me up. Fun and relaxing game.

kdubs
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,480 Posts

[Post New]by kdubs on Mar 5, 10 11:20 AM
I wanted to like....but not. The items are big enough but the fuzzy graphics aren't that thrilling. As to the trophies, the one for "no misclicks" cracked me up. I deliberately misclicked all over. And still got it. I used up my hints deliberately to see how to re-earn them. That's when I eventually got to the first Match-3...and the darn thing froze so had to Task Manager out of it.
Not saying it's all bad, because it's not. But it's No Buy for me..

Indy70
Squid
Squid
73 Posts

[Post New]by Indy70 on Mar 5, 10 11:50 AM
Very nice game - not mind boggling or brain numbing - and I like those kinds of games just fine sometimes. I demoed the game even though some reviews were very negative. I rarely choose a game strictly on the reviews. I make up my own mind after a trial and it was a definite purchase for me. Fun game, a different type of hog, and the riddles and mini games were especially fun. No pressure, no timer, skippable puzzles but you probably won't need to skip, very clear graphics, no dark or corners or teeny objects. Not the same-o same-o type of game.

I give BFG and the developers a big 4/5 for this one with a pleasant twist. Playing this one perked me right up. I'm very happy with my purchase.

ComputerCharm
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
17,537 Posts

[Post New]by ComputerCharm on Mar 5, 10 12:42 PM
I really really Like this game. I got thru the 1st level with 9 minutes left of the demo and with 15 levels well worth the money. Well worth using one of my coupons on

Charm

GameLove
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by GameLove on Mar 5, 10 1:14 PM
I really like this game. It is simple and direct. Objects are not too hard to find. The scenes are interesting.

I played it for 10 minutes than bought it.

Comment and Reviews for Time Riddles: The Mansion

[Post New]by ladygizz2006 on Mar 5, 10 2:47 PM
bfgTigris wrote:Hey Fishies! What do you think of Time Riddles: The Mansion?

We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post. Space

Hope to hear from you!

bfgTigris
Hello, I'm hopeing you can help me.I get to one part of my game and it doesen't want to leave.What do I do when it's stuck.

SublimeOne
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by SublimeOne on Mar 5, 10 3:14 PM
I liked this game but the problems in it with language really bothered me.

It's clear that english isn't the first language of whoever created this game. There are spelling errors everywhere but more importantly, objects are mis-labelled and the riddles are made harder by the mangled language.

I got a few of the riddles right by just guessing. And the answers just didn't make sense with the way the riddles were worded.

I love that you have to do things in order to get all the jewels. Push buttons, ring bells, line things up, open things, all sorts of stuff that makes the game more interesting.

But every time I start to enjoy myself, I get smacked in the head with butchered english.

For that alone, I'll probably have to give it a pass. That sort of thing drives me crazy. But if you can get past the torturous language, then this is actually an interesting game with lots to offer.

carolwooden
Guppy
Guppy
127 Posts

[Post New]by carolwooden on Mar 5, 10 3:53 PM
There is no quality control for this game as far as spelling and grammar. This is not the first time a game has had butchered language and the objects were mislabeled but I bought it anyway because it is kind of cute with all of the little hidden things, sparkles and the like.

If you just kick back and continue to search, the object will suddenly appear while you are not looking. So common in most of the HOGs. At first I thought it was just me but after hours of playing HOGs I began to see a pattern of objects appearing after searching for some time. The game seems to know when you are ready to give up and hit that hint button.

When I noticed the game was moving along at a rapid pace - it's not too difficult to find things - I stopped and began the game again with a different identity. I really don't want it to be over just yet!

[Post New]by briteredlips on Mar 5, 10 6:48 PM
I try before I buy, or READ reviews. I liked this game, though not sure why. I really enjoy not having my brain completely picked over just for playing a game. That's not to say there is no challenge here: there is. I found at times I was asked to find objects that were right in front of me, and had to use a hint. In my opinion, it is a change from the normal hogs and while there is some interaction/moving in the game to find the jewels, there is enough to keep me happy. It is worth mentioning that the graphics are very similar to Ravenhurst, somewhat cloudy, but not impossible. I have to give this game a Thumbs Up . This is also a sale for me. Happy playing everyone and to each their own!!

GoddessOdd
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by GoddessOdd on Mar 5, 10 7:35 PM
Despite the English as a Second Language format, I rather liked this game. Normally, the butchered language would put me off, but for some reason, it was rather charming here. The instructions for the match three portion were priceless, in fact I read halfway thru before I realized that it was describing a match three game.

Though the instructions and text were often incomprehensible, the play was intuitive, and even sometimes a little bit of a challenge...I gave up on a couple of the jewel puzzles because I wanted to play more areas before my demo was up, without instructions, some were really a matter of trial and error...the gramaphone, and the six switches on the wall that did nothing immediately spring to mind. I passed on both of them because I was demo-ing, but it would have been fun to have some written direction to translate when the object of the game is illusive.

Will I buy? A very strong maybe. It is definitely on a short list, because it was a fun hour, and from reading other posts, seems that there are plenty of levels to make it worth the price. I am giving it seven out of ten stars.

SublimeOne
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by SublimeOne on Mar 5, 10 8:27 PM
Well despite the language, I put it on my "sale" list. As in - if it goes to the DD or BFG has another great sale, I'll probably get it.

I just find it frustrating because the language problems could be so easily solved.

I'd happily volunteer to proofread games if the developers wished. I'm certain there are others here in the pond that would do so as well.

Sigh.

BinLA
Stingray
Stingray
5,914 Posts

[Post New]by BinLA on Mar 5, 10 11:18 PM
I thought this game was awful, especially because it wouldn't allow me to always pick the pieces I wanted to move in the bubble puzzles. I wouldn't even buy this as a DD!

moonlightgrey
Flounder
Flounder
2,076 Posts

[Post New]by moonlightgrey on Mar 5, 10 11:40 PM
Loved it. Bought it after 20 minutes.

I'm an ESL teacher, so I didn't even notice the language.

I guess there are times that being oblivious helps.

sleeplady
Minnow
Minnow
214 Posts

[Post New]by sleeplady on Mar 6, 10 12:23 AM
LMAO!!! The average 3rd grade student has a better command of language and spelling than this game. Plus the misnamed objects and the 'no misclick' award had me dumping it after 10 minutes! BFG please do not waste our time with games that are so poorly done and obviously unprofessional.

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Mar 6, 10 2:21 AM
Lament for a Lost HOG.....this game has sooo much potential going to waste. The Match-3 minigame has gorgeous graphix.....but if you used more than one hint it seemed as if you had to play it 4ever to get your hints restored. Might have done better to sneak a leaf out of HE & give hints for all these jewels that had to be collected....for some unknown reason. Some of the jewel hiding spots were downright cunning & I disagree w/ whoever said they hated the sparkles, b/c I would've never known to, say, shove over the cat or turn on the fan to find some. Just wish I knew why I was looking for em. The riddles were well done & a clever touch but horrendously unforgiving; one wrong click & you couldn't solve, & those could've been used for xtra hints, too. Graphix were OK, had a nice period flavor, & things were in scale. They need to fire their English spell & grammar checker....c'mon, "watche"? Story also seemed stilted in composition b/c of that, hard to retain interest in it. Is she Maria or Mary? Missed continuity. Liked rolling the dice to come up w/ random choices for scenes rather than be directed to them. Got irritated w/ having to click the trophies to advance. If there had just been some tidying up here & there, this would've been an excellent straight HOG. I missed who the devs were at the start, but if someone who can read English properly would give them feedback, I'd say they could EZily do a solid HOG next time out. There were innovative bits but somehow it didn't quite gel. Not the worst HOG I've ever played, but it could've been tweaked just a tad & been much more. Maybe if it shows up as a DD?

scarlet_11dy6
Flounder
Flounder
2,031 Posts

[Post New]by scarlet_11dy6 on Mar 6, 10 2:24 AM
the six switches on the wall that did nothing immediately spring to mind

If you clicked only the R 3, it illuminated a jewel hiding place. Wonder if the devs are Asian? B/c if you instinctively went L to R & clicked all 6, nothing happened. I just happened to get lucky!

[Post New]by nykelli1843 on Mar 6, 10 4:44 AM
The Game That Could Have Been is my review.

Disliked the sparkles telling me where to find the jewels. Don't hand-lead me. But, on the other hand, how would you know the stupid gem was hidden inside a radio?

Clicked on boomerang 4 fricking times before it accepted it. Wonder if I got penalized for 3 "wrong" clicks?

Poor quality checking, the spelling errors and mistakes were too noticeable.

This game just irritated me. Wouldn't even buy it for $2.99. I wonder if anyone at BF plays these games the entire way through before deciding to sell this crap.

Go to: