Re:Mystery Case Files – Speculations, Ponderings, and more!

[Post New]by Love_my_Husky on Nov 2, 10 5:46 AM
Purplerabbit wrote:
Mr_Russ wrote:Posted isn't UK English though. The sign doesn't match this country.

I think we all know the MCF team get their facts wrong (like something at the beginning of Dire Grove on the radio, but can't remember what)! Even the inclusion of Spanish Moss could be bad research. So I'm not ruling anything out yet, until I know more.

Good morning Purplerabbit. I'm feeling so validated that someone else besides myself has considered the possibility of research errors.

However, I do love all this speculation and know that whatever the location of MCF7, it's got to be great. A swamp in any geographic location is pretty scary to me!

Sinsaint
Clownfish
Clownfish
635 Posts

[Post New]by Sinsaint on Nov 2, 10 5:49 AM
ChesterPepper79 wrote:
Bluekaminari wrote:... Any idea of what Picman's clue could have to do with a swamp?

Maybe while rummaging through the swamp, somebody will find the remnants of a free boot, er something. (Look at me! I'm helping!)

Freebooter might just be a clue to a Walt Whitman poem called Longing For Home. The poem has a lot of descriptions about swampy lands.

BlueDeuce
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by BlueDeuce on Nov 2, 10 6:15 AM
Sinsaint wrote:
ChesterPepper79 wrote:
Bluekaminari wrote:... Any idea of what Picman's clue could have to do with a swamp?

Maybe while rummaging through the swamp, somebody will find the remnants of a free boot, er something. (Look at me! I'm helping!)

Freebooter might just be a clue to a Walt Whitman poem called Longing For Home. The poem has a lot of descriptions about swampy lands.

Great idea! And Walt Whitman was born on Long Island, NY...a reference to there in RTR I believe...

dogmama
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,998 Posts

[Post New]by dogmama on Nov 2, 10 7:22 AM
BlueDeuce wrote:
Sinsaint wrote:
ChesterPepper79 wrote:

Great idea! And Walt Whitman was born on Long Island, NY...a reference to there in RTR I believe...

There is a reference to Long Island in Dire Grove also. It's in the letter that is so hard to decipher (letter's author has/had family on Long Island and would (?) be making a trip to see them. Iceland is also mentioned (he had been in Iceland on business),

agentalexa
Squid
Squid
74 Posts

[Post New]by agentalexa on Nov 2, 10 7:31 AM
Although it's hard for me to say and I hope I'm wrong, according to that picture it doesn't appear to be a Ravenhearst game. I hope I am wrong because I will be disappointed if it's not Ravenhearst.I love it since I played it for the first time; would be sin if it's not a Ravenhearst, because many questions remained unanswered.

BlueDeuce
Lobster
Lobster
84 Posts

[Post New]by BlueDeuce on Nov 2, 10 7:41 AM
dogmama wrote:
BlueDeuce wrote:
Sinsaint wrote:
ChesterPepper79 wrote:

There is a reference to Long Island in Dire Grove also. It's in the letter that is so hard to decipher (letter's author has/had family on Long Island and would (?) be making a trip to see them. Iceland is also mentioned (he had been in Iceland on business),

You're right it's Dire Grove, probably not in RTR

cadfael
Shark
Shark
10,550 Posts

[Post New]by cadfael on Nov 2, 10 7:47 AM
Just to add fuel to the fire of time travel speculation, I replayed Ravenhearst recently. The letter from the Queen of England at the end of the game hints at time travel. Paraphrasing the last line: the dective's services will be in demand in the future....or the past......

NONONONONO
Manatee
Manatee
4,085 Posts

[Post New]by NONONONONO on Nov 2, 10 8:10 AM
I like the Walt Whitman idea.
Have we heard that freebooter is right yet?
Or is it before Rose, and Picman forgot the "S"?
Il ike "delta" for the Mississippi Delta, but I also like it for change.

I am with the "I will be very upset if this isn't a Ravenhearst" group.
Some answers would be nice. Solice? Picman? C'mon! It's November for crying out loud.

sandr1
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by sandr1 on Nov 2, 10 8:22 AM
NONONONONO wrote: I am with the "I will be very upset if this isn't a Ravenhearst" group. Some answers would be nice. Solice? Picman? C'mon! It's November for crying out loud.

My guess is that next clue comes up during this weekend or the one after. If we are lucky it comes up on thursday. Whatever, it will be a nice game but it will be just a game .... guys: don't take that too serious
Besides: I changed into a Seahorse

Edited on 11/02/2010 at 8:24:10 AM PST

brandy914
Minnow
Minnow
270 Posts

[Post New]by brandy914 on Nov 2, 10 9:03 AM
"Whatever, it will be a nice game but it will be just a game .... guys: don't take that too serious
Besides: I changed into a Seahorse
"

Wow Sandr1 you better start ducking those rotten tomatoes flying your way!!!!!

Edited on 11/02/2010 at 9:09:50 AM PST

sandr1
Lobster
Lobster
99 Posts

[Post New]by sandr1 on Nov 2, 10 9:24 AM
brandy914 wrote:
Wow Sandr1 you better start ducking those rotten tomatoes flying your way!!!!!

Not my problem, if others take those things serious, which should be JUST FUN! Hihi, you won't hit me.... escapes

Jewels69988
Herring
Herring
364 Posts

[Post New]by Jewels69988 on Nov 2, 10 11:44 AM
Okay, out on a limb here but, maybe this ties in to Madame Fate as well? Maybe this is where Charles meets her? Otherwise, why would he kill her?

xXxLulu
Clownfish
Clownfish
805 Posts

[Post New]by xXxLulu on Nov 2, 10 12:00 PM
Waiting for clues!!
This years speculation is great,sounds like it's going to be a BRILLIANT game!!

dogfish12
Stingray
Stingray
4,579 Posts

[Post New]by dogfish12 on Nov 2, 10 12:43 PM
The fun of this sticky and the anticipation!

dogmama
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,998 Posts

[Post New]by dogmama on Nov 2, 10 12:53 PM
Posted about 20 minutes ago on Facebook!!

Mystery Case Files ?@Rachel More will be revealed... in time.
I was poking around the office today and found a scrap or art work that may be of interest, I will see if I can get it posted today...

oh_mags
Seahorse
Seahorse
22 Posts

[Post New]by oh_mags on Nov 2, 10 1:05 PM
Oh god, it's November... Where is my new MCF?

The screencap is way gorgeous and I will be happy no matter if it is a continuation of Ravenhearst or a new story... as long as they get back to the RH story at some point.

More info, please?

MCF is my life's blood.

*waits*

brandy914
Minnow
Minnow
270 Posts

[Post New]by brandy914 on Nov 2, 10 2:06 PM
dogmama wrote:Posted about 20 minutes ago on Facebook!!

I was poking around the office today and found a scrap or art work that may be of interest, I will see if I can get it posted today...

I saw this to. I thought that it was odd that it was posted with the responses from fans instead of on the front of the page?

xXxLulu
Clownfish
Clownfish
805 Posts

[Post New]by xXxLulu on Nov 2, 10 2:26 PM
No hints today. I thought there'd be plenty around Halloween,loved the screenshot though!! Hoping for a name now!!

dogmama
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,998 Posts

[Post New]by dogmama on Nov 2, 10 2:27 PM
brandy914 wrote:
dogmama wrote:Posted about 20 minutes ago on Facebook!!

I saw this to. I thought that it was odd that it was posted with the responses from fans instead of on the front of the page?

I know what you mean. But it appears "Rachel" wrote from BFG as that's how she was logged in. So, keep checking for something today.

GameLvr30
Stingray
Stingray
4,785 Posts

[Post New]by GameLvr30 on Nov 2, 10 3:24 PM
s_lvance wrote:OK, since nothing new has popped up yet, I thought I would gather the clues/posts we have so far into one post to make them easier to find. Will try to update this as we get new clues (hope that is not too far away!) Please let me know if I've missed anything.

picman050967 on Oct 21, 10 9:43 AM
I will be around to keep the hints coming. You never know what information you may find when I post.

Solice on Oct 21, 10 10:01 AM
When Picman posts about Mystery Case Files, it helps to read between the lines. 13, 7, 4, 49, 65

picman050967 on Oct 23, 10 2:36 PM
My clues will be far less compelling than Solice's, as I have not yet played the game!
Not for lack of wanting to, but I like to wait until it is feature complete so I get the full immersive experience, as opposed to bits and pieces.

I know the name and roughly the setting and the a little bit about the story...but that is it.

Picman

paulthelen on Oct 27, 10 2:18 PM
ExcEllent speculatiOn and guessing. while inTeresting the clues to date have been, at best, vague. i would anticipate as the date FOr launch grows closer the cluEs will be Both more inteResting and Revealing.

picman

Solice on Oct 27, 10 2:30 PM
This one is a challenge to be sure.
Its meaning is challenging as well.

Solice on Oct 29, 10 1:34 PM
Heard a rumor.. keep an eye on the Blog this weekend...

Could we get confirmation from Picman or Solice that the first two clues were deciphered correctly?

DELTA seems plausible, but the second answer being FREEBOOTER just doesn’t mesh up with what Solice posted.

Go to: