gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

Re:Group play for Scratches in progress.

[Post New]by gingergal on Nov 17, 12 1:24 PM
harlequen

I hadn't as I forgot what page sunshine said it was on and was about to search for her post re this. So thanks to both of you for that.

Well that's obscure as I never saw the teaser of *a man carrying a body which was milton carrying James I seem to have missed a bit, think that bit should have been in the game. I thought everything was clear enough apart from who was who re milton and James. I still don't understand why he never had the boy taken into a home or something as surely even the worst of institutes back then would be better than what Robin was suffering? And if Milton supposedly cared wouldn't he have checked to see who was taking care of him and if they were? And as he ordered the meat from the receipt surely he would have know it was raw and the conditions of the dungeon?

Sorry but Milton and James are so the baddies in this game - no excuse as in the writings of the letters before the mask took over he was sane enough so knew what he was doing. Or am I reading too much into a simple game? - of course lol! It's good though when I do that as it means a story has stayed with me and got me thinking! I love discussing game plots like books!

sunshine
- I'm exactly the same, why I don't take notes or anything as I want to work everything out again. Of course it means I'm not useful to anyone else in group play but I get most fun out of it that way. I do think harlequen's hint about the *bike and the battery which are the only two items you need is the one you need to get further*

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on Nov 17, 12 2:05 PM
Thanks Harlequen I got past the point where I was stuck at it was clicking the device for the cables. So your second post did the trick. I knew what to do at 4pm so I got through that part quickly. I did the cleansing bit, now stopping to take a break.

harlequen
Catfish
Catfish
1,724 Posts

[Post New]by harlequen on Nov 17, 12 2:41 PM
Sunshinej, I'm glad that You got it

Gingergal, I too was very surprised ** to hear that Milton carried James body, never saw that, but I wonder how James died, could it be that after James read the letter from Milton to Barbara, and found out that they had an affair He killed Barbara, then when Milton found out that the love of His life was killed, He killed James, it would have been more human if He had killed Robin too, that poor guy living like that must have been hell, and what about the person who feed Robin??? shouldn't He go to jail, and Michael too, there was no good people there, how macabre **

I'm like You Gingergal, I keep going around and around thinking, yesterday when I was working I keep having flashback about the game

Grandmamum
Clownfish
Clownfish
662 Posts

[Post New]by Grandmamum on Nov 17, 12 3:48 PM
Well thank you friends for being there - I certainly couldn't have coped with that on my own. Yes I have finished - and "The Last Visit", but I have had the sound turned off since I **went down the grate in the fireplace and I'm glad I did, what I saw was bad enough for me - Jeez - I thought Sunday night was scary!!!! **

It was a good game, but I just find that degree of horror too much - Rhiannon was scary, but didn't go quite that far, I don't mind fear by suggestion, I guess, but actually seeing it freaks me out.

I went back and read the whole thread and particularly enjoyed everyone's theories and the developer's input. I see they are developing a new game "Asylum" which will probably be released soon and it is supposed to be bigger and far more frightening. I love group plays, but I really don't think my poor old ticker would take "more frightening" However I wish the developers luck. For me I am looking forward to getting down to some sleuthing tomorrow and somehow getting that image out of my head - I know, I'm a Wuss of the first degree.

Thank you Gingergal, Harlequen and Sunshine for our mini Group play - the company was the best and i just couldn't have done that on my own

Sunshine - i know you've played before, but, like the others I will be here until you've finished xx.

Edited on 11/17/2012 at 3:53:34 PM PST

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Nov 17, 12 7:10 PM
Yea g'mum - congratulations on finishing it - it is an achievement with that game. I haven't read the thread and didn't know about the new game. At least you tried it and know what your cut off limit was and that's huge and good to know. It's only by trial and error we get to know what we like and don't like and what is too much and sometimes we don't know until it crosses a personal line.

With me it was the *anticipation that was scary but for me in a good way, not the revelation but the revelation was more disturbing for me as harlequen and I talked about it.* At least now it's nancy drew which is just a good old fashioned mystery and the mildest of scare factors - the perfect prescription for after this game.

And thank you sunshine, g'mum and harlequen for playing as it made it much more fun and interesting doing it in a group play than if I played it alone. and also we met sparkynugget which was good.

Edited on 11/17/2012 at 7:13:04 PM PST

harlequen
Catfish
Catfish
1,724 Posts

[Post New]by harlequen on Nov 17, 12 7:57 PM
A Huge Congratulation GMum, YAY! You did it

Yes, it was very scary, and I'm so glad that We could play it together, it makes it much easier, Thank You Gingergal, Gmum and Sunshinej for being there, I don't think I would have want to play it alone

I read about the Asylum game should be 10 time more scary, I can't say that I'm not playing it, but if there are enough people who want to play it I may join in, but that's in the future, where I may have forgotten how scary this one was

Nighty

Grandmamum
Clownfish
Clownfish
662 Posts

[Post New]by Grandmamum on Nov 18, 12 5:29 AM
Thank you, both. I couldn't have done it without you. I got used to the scary when opening doors etc, what did for me was simply the bit at the end - i could cope with the rest and as you say Gingergal, sort of "enjoy" the fear. As you both say , it is a disturbing story as well, especially as a child was obviously involved.

Anyway - over to ND for a bit of sleuthing fun.

You ok Sunshine?

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on Nov 18, 12 5:42 AM
Congratulations GMum on finishing

I am finished and would like to thank you Gingergal, Harlequen & GMum on being with me. This may sound silly as I had to gather my nerves to finish and I couldn't do it last night, I had to wait until this morning.

For me I thought Robin killed his mother. You noticed how the mother died. Everyone believed Robin to have died at birth, James didn't want to admit that was a lie and the maid was accusing him anyways, so to stop the police investigation and speculation James thought it was best to die with Dr. Milton's help. Anyone else think that also?

I was pretty tense playing and at the end I felt like I was lucky to escape with my life. That is how much I was drawn into the game.

Edited on 11/18/2012 at 9:26:17 AM PST

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on Nov 18, 12 9:25 AM
Do not read until you finished the game. i looked up Thalidomide that was in The Last Chapter and it doesn't seem to apply to Robin. I mean the time frame is right, but Robin suffered from facial disfiguration and he had all his limbs. Thalidomide babies were born with with disfiguring limbs or no limbs at all. Did anyone else think this was strange?

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Nov 18, 12 9:34 AM
I don't think I'd have gotten round to playing this if it wasn't for everyone and I definitely wouldn't have enjoyed it half as much.

Sunshine - congratulations on finishing

Yes I think *it says was it in the bonus (?) that robin killed the mother, it might have been very quick up on the screen in dialogue I can't remember so is easily missed (as twice my dialogue jumped and I missed chunks of dialogue). RE thalidomide I thought they should have come up with a drug no one had heard of as it was beyond the realms of logic to think thalidomide would do that even with a curse.

I much prefer games that are in the here and now not about curses or ghosts etc so if they make a sequel hope it ends up someone is trying to make someone else think they are mad. I did think that Jerry could have planted all the books and made up the stuff based on an old newspaper article, and he was hiding in the basement scaring Michael so he could write a good book, actually think that would have been a better ending!

Grandmamum
Clownfish
Clownfish
662 Posts

[Post New]by Grandmamum on Nov 18, 12 10:58 AM
CONGRATULATIONS ON FINISHING SUNSHINE

Glad you made it out safely!! I also thought ** Robin had killed his mother, because the maid described he throat being ripped. Also agree that the Thalidomide reference was silly and actually would probably be very offensive if any Thalidomide victims were to play this game. There was no mental effect from the drug, just the malformed limbs as you have said.**

So glad i had you all with me - couldn't have done it on my own

sunshinej
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,313 Posts

[Post New]by sunshinej on Nov 18, 12 2:15 PM
GMum...LoL Yes, I made it out safely. I wasn't too sure I was going to make it to my car at the end there.

Gingergal...I read your awesome review. I think tomorrow I will put in a favorable review myself as this game deserves it.

harlequen
Catfish
Catfish
1,724 Posts

[Post New]by harlequen on Nov 19, 12 10:18 AM
Congratulations Sunshinej Finishing

Thank You for clearing Me up about ** Robin killing His Mother ** I missed that

gingergal
Manatee
Manatee
3,873 Posts

[Post New]by gingergal on Nov 19, 12 9:50 PM
Can't wait to read it sunshine, I love it when I come across a review one "of our own" has done and it's super helpful as well to others.

Go to: