Suggestions for the developers

mumma_1
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

Re:Suggestions for the developers

[Post New]by mumma_1 on Oct 14, 17 1:28 PM
Thanks silver_hawk

I use the windows button when I check in on the forums, leaving my game open. Didn't think about using it for pausing a HOS. You have made my day

silver_hawk
Stingray
Stingray
5,486 Posts

[Post New]by silver_hawk on Oct 14, 17 1:45 PM
Glad I could help.

HennyMarie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,189 Posts

[Post New]by HennyMarie on Oct 15, 17 2:48 AM
Please devellopers.

I don’t mind working for airshipitems and other items, I don’t mind the luck aspect of the game.. I don’t mind things I can work around.

I can do the HOS for items of all kinds... and for coins
I can get around the luck of the dice by puzzleling up diamonds to reopen

The only thing I do not control is the “thank you cards” yes, I can decide to get 15 a day, but when Trina wants 20 a day I can’t do anything about it, but wait.. I would love it if you could make it possible to gift more to satisfy Trinas quests.. only when she aske for more than we have ofcourse.. like a find botton.

Right now I am down to 1 card and Trina.. for the third day in a row .. want 20.. if this part of the game works like the rest of the game.. she will continue to ask for cards because I can’t get them.. and it will take me 7 years to get the 3000 achievement and more than 14 years to get the 5000 achievement.

susiewastaken
Flounder
Flounder
2,460 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Oct 15, 17 9:25 PM
HennyMarie wrote:
The only thing I do not control is the “thank you cards” yes, I can decide to get 15 a day, but when Trina wants 20 a day I can’t do anything about it, but wait.. I would love it if you could make it possible to gift more to satisfy Trinas quests.. only when she aske for more than we have ofcourse.. like a find botton.

Right now I am down to 1 card and Trina.. for the third day in a row .. want 20.. if this part of the game works like the rest of the game.. she will continue to ask for cards because I can’t get them.. and it will take me 7 years to get the 3000 achievement and more than 14 years to get the 5000 achievement.

Trina's Golden Key quests only change when completed.
(They don't reset each day like the DQs.)
editing to add:
I have never had trouble with Trina and cards...I think those given already count.
(Trina's timing isn't the same as our gifting slots/days.)

Just try clicking "accept" and you'll probably already have that part of her quest completed.

Edited on 10/15/2017 at 9:31:30 PM PST

Cute_Moni
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
459 Posts

[Post New]by Cute_Moni on Oct 15, 17 9:50 PM
Hi susiewastaken

The thank you cards that HennyMarie is referring to are the ones you get in return for gifting friends (max 15 per day).

When completing some Trina quests, she takes 20 of these cards from you. So, depending on how many you complete, Trina can take more than you can 'earn', hence you can run out... like HennyMarie has..... I am keeping an eye on my cards and watching them slowly diminish..... one day soonish I will run out too.....

Hope this helps to explain her request, which I definitely second!

Moni

Edited on 10/15/2017 at 9:51:53 PM PST

susiewastaken
Flounder
Flounder
2,460 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Oct 15, 17 9:53 PM
Moni, I understood that she wasn't accepting the quest...she said she waits.
Her quest won't change to a new one until the current one is completed.
..................................................................................................
eta: and yes, I know what the thank you cards are.
Like I said, it has never given me a problem. Have thousands.
(but I don't aim to get her keys every day. I never do zz's just for Trina...only along with DQs or CC...and I certainly don't do every DQ that comes up.)
.....................................................................................................
2nd edit...oh, now I see...she really is down to one card.
wow
I thought most newer players ignored Trina.

Good luck, all.

Edited on 10/15/2017 at 10:14:41 PM PST

Cute_Moni
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
459 Posts

[Post New]by Cute_Moni on Oct 15, 17 10:12 PM
Lucky you!

I gift 15 friends per day, every day, and watch Trina take and take and take.....
And my stash of cards decrease and decrease and decrease....

She waits because she has no choice - until she can earn more cards, she cannot fulfil it, even though she has accepted it.
(ie I don't think she means to wait for a different quest, just to earn more cards...)

Moni

susiewastaken
Flounder
Flounder
2,460 Posts

[Post New]by susiewastaken on Oct 15, 17 10:22 PM
We've asked repeatedly over the years to be able to gift more, and the developers changed it from 5 a day to 15 per day.

They seem to want to stay with this system, and it very likely is a programming issue that works best this way.

I wasn't bragging that the thank you cards are never a problem for me.
Just sincerely surprised that newer players are bothering with Trina...so many other achievements and quests in the game while inventory(including cards) is built up.

HennyMarie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,189 Posts

[Post New]by HennyMarie on Oct 16, 17 12:43 AM
I am out of cards.. does not matter if I accept TQ or not.. I have to wait till I have 20 cards.. 4 gifting periodes befor I can finish the the TQ.

I can stop doing TQ’s and build up a stash of cards, but that does not help.. she want what she wants and she will just sit there and wait for me to accept her quest.

[Post New]by dfkdkfl_1960 on Oct 16, 17 2:08 AM
I also would like to have that query Trina was removed the gift card or was reset requests with the beginning of a new day and for puzzles selection of items not started first

Cute_Moni
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
459 Posts

[Post New]by Cute_Moni on Oct 16, 17 2:15 AM
Ok, I'm back. Had to rush off and deal with RL for a while...

Don't worry Susie luv, didn't think you were bragging, just lucky to have thousands of cards! I just checked - I still have 1,670 but they ARE reducing...

Apart from the private room ones, I have completed all of the achievements except for the DQ's and Trina..... so yep, she gets my attention..... and I know those cards are going to keep reducing....

The 15 a day does work well as 3 lots of 8 hours.... not sure what would be good if they changed it....

gotta go again Moni

patchesandme
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,157 Posts

[Post New]by patchesandme on Oct 16, 17 7:51 AM
Elephant Games -You made it so we could Disable "Night Mode". (Thank You!) Could You Please Allow us to Disable the "Mirrored Mode and the Silhouette Mode" too. Since you already have done it with the "Night Mode" (working fine) it shouldn't be all that hard for you to just add these two to the list.

HennyMarie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,189 Posts

[Post New]by HennyMarie on Oct 16, 17 9:35 AM
I believe Trina wants cards because I have 15.000 shards.. which make her not wanting shards.. to try to do something about it I have stoped sharding items.

I hope we get new items to buy for privat room to get the numbers down.

Cute_Moni
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
459 Posts

[Post New]by Cute_Moni on Oct 16, 17 11:52 PM
WE WANT A FALL ROOM!!

AND NEW FURNITURE!!

WE ALSO WANT MORE POSTCARDS!!

AND MORE AIRSHIP ITEMS!!

GIVE, GIVE, GIVE!!!

Moni

sandy510
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
441 Posts

[Post New]by sandy510 on Oct 17, 17 6:09 PM
I would love to have a new amulet to swap days around in a castle challenge or there numbers

Grimwald
Guppy
Guppy
192 Posts

[Post New]by Grimwald on Oct 18, 17 5:55 AM
I totally need the Calavera Cat avatar on a t-shirt. I would wear it year round. Have Big Fish or Elephant Games ever done licensed Midnight Castle merchandise?

Grimwald

Bedazzles
Clownfish
Clownfish
560 Posts

[Post New]by Bedazzles on Nov 2, 17 2:12 PM
I would like to suggest 2 new Amulets, that use the Energy we can collect 20 a day of. Each of these would last for 1 hour and not affect any of the items you normally receive from completing the HOS.

1. using 47 Energy would remove 6 items once you enter the HOS
2. using 100 Energy would remove 12 items once you enter the HOS

I feel that for players that are getting burned out on endless searching especially during Special Events could use this on occasion to make the searching less of a chore. This would also help us to build Airship items as it would not take so long to do a complete round. It would be truly awesome if you could also combine the Amulets, using the no wait time(gold one) and the remove items at the same time so we could search either the scenes we enjoy the most over and over, or the newer ones we are not so burned out on.

I really hope you might consider adding these new Amulets or something similar in a future update.
Thanks

[Post New]by Thewerecatqueen on Nov 17, 17 4:35 AM
A Suggestion for the castle challenge!

Open up all 30 tasks, and give us 30 days to complete them all. That way we can knock out multiple things at once, aren't scrambling for the last task on the last day, and people who don't play dice (like me) can get at least two avatars, thank you.

mumma_1
Herring
Herring
338 Posts

[Post New]by mumma_1 on Nov 17, 17 6:18 AM
Silly question really.......I haven't really done that many Trina quests for all the obvious inventory reasons......but why aren't we able to keep the wheels from sending the airship? After all did we not earn them by collecting items to be able to send it......I know it is optional and maybe I should only send them when requested for DQ's etc..... I was just wondering why!

GulfCoastGuppy
Catfish
Catfish
1,675 Posts

[Post New]by GulfCoastGuppy on Nov 17, 17 7:18 AM
Hi mumma_1! I think it was TiramaSue, or someone with an understanding of programming that explained part of the difficulty...and this is my simplified version. When you send an airship for Trina AND a DQ, what portion of steering wheels would be considered "extra" to be saved? I think it is such crossover that makes the programming more complicated.

Go to: