BluesyBlue
Starfish
Starfish
53 Posts

Re:Drawn: The Painted Tower comments and reviews

[Post New]by BluesyBlue on Dec 1, 11 1:17 AM
Personally, one of my complains sorta reside in the ending too. Only in the ending I had that feeling of "Ooh, things are gonna get interesting now!" and then... it ended. I wish there were more of those moments in the actual journey that had the sense of danger, peril and surprising thrills. At least the story and narrator's speech along the way made it sound so much more dangerous situation. To me, it didn't get fully delivered.

Oh I mentioned the sparkles! There are sparkling all over. Even if you have done all you needed in that spot, it might still sparkle and confuse you: "There's still something I'm suppose to do here?" If you take it as a way of making you think in more complicated manner and to purposely bluff you, then yeah I can get that. In the end, I'm not quite sure what to think of that. Also, be prepared to look carefully for all scattered items, or you'll be pacing around the levels of the tower constantly, finding that missing item you missed.

So this pretty much now means that we must pick up the next part to see if things start to get more interesting. In the end, we both enjoyed the game very much. The raw drawn visuals, speech parts, the puzzles, the children's book story, it all was really nice and fun. It just had those slight problems which didn't make it an excellent game for us.

Edited on 12/01/2011 at 1:21:29 AM PST

tangawarra
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by tangawarra on Dec 4, 11 3:50 AM
Am I the only one who didn't like this game?
Only played a few minutes of the demo and was so annoyed I deleted it immediately. It took forever to load between scene changes (even after taling to a character it loaded the scene AGAIN), the visuals were good, except for the objects to pick up, and what's with the intro and all the story telling that I can't skip? I don't want to read all that every time I play the game. Also the story telling was either obvious ("her pictures were damaged" - thank you I'd noticed that) or repetetive ("save her - help her" - thank you, I got it the first time). Maybe it gets better, but I didn't have the patience. Sorry, no buy.

pkdream5
Squid
Squid
72 Posts

[Post New]by pkdream5 on Dec 11, 11 9:27 PM
I painted the prince and the slots didn't open. Did I not do something? pkdreaqm5

kayC89
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by kayC89 on Dec 22, 11 8:26 AM
Completed this game yesterday and I wasn't disappointed. The Graphics and painting environments were very impressive. the storyline was gripping and had me hooked from the beginning. The puzzles were challenging but manageable (I only had to use the walk-through about three times) and the musical score was well composed and suited the different gaming scenes. My only concern was towards the end of the game I had to restart my computer several times due to crashing/freezing issues. I realise that there are help pages to combat this issue, I just found it odd that I didn't have crashing problems at any other point during gameplay. From a personal point of view, I was pleased to discover that Franklin's voice was played by the same Actor as in Trail of Shadows, (Trail of Shadows being my first encounter with the Drawn series) as I felt, and still feel that his voice compliments the series perfectly. I am very much looking forward to playing Drawn: Dark flight soon.

Well done to all who worked on The Painted Tower!
9/10

[Post New]by duckgirl722 on Jan 26, 12 8:25 AM
So beautiful!! I stayed up so late playing this game I love how the world is all muted cool colors while inside the paintings it's so warm and beautiful I especially love the painting with the dragon sitting on a pile of gold...

felsta
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by felsta on Feb 6, 12 2:28 AM
You're not alone tangawarra! The graphics were beautiful and nice to look at but I quit after meeting the old man. His dialog was endless. I deleted the demo at once.

SeaBamboo
Dolphin
Dolphin
7,158 Posts

[Post New]by SeaBamboo on Feb 27, 12 7:17 AM
I know many people here love this game but I have never got so bored in my life; by the time each scene took it's time to load I lost the will to play. Every time I wanted to move to a new scene I had to wait for it to load yet again even though I had been there before.

It was like watching paint dry

[Post New]by mike8one on May 20, 12 3:28 AM
Excellent game! Had been searching for something really good for quite a while and this was it. Excellent graphics, excellent sound effects, excellent voices. A great challenge requiring lateral thinking. I did skip a few of the puzzles (think I forgot to use the hint Maybe I'll play it again soon) ...Thankyou Bigfish. Can't wait for the sequel.

lisablue4369
Flounder
Flounder
2,105 Posts

[Post New]by lisablue4369 on Jun 14, 12 7:00 AM
this game is a buy for us.----------doug & lisa

[Post New]by serenatbs on Aug 26, 12 5:26 PM
I have never played any game better than this and let me tell you ever since i have played this game i am on a hunt to find something similar to this and have not come across any thing better. i am downloading another game in hopes of something like the drawn.All my praises to this game and the maker of this wonderful story creator. Love you all and five stars to all who made this.Thanks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jurinne
Clownfish
Clownfish
606 Posts

[Post New]by Jurinne on Oct 1, 12 7:24 PM
I guess I'm one of the minority who absolutely can't stand this game and this series. I kept wanting to smack the old man - TALK! There's something about this whole series that I can't put my finger on but they all irritate me. When I finally gave up and left the game I was treated to the never-ending commercial until I finally clicked on "ESC" and thankfully, escaped.

The drawings are beautiful. I love the concept of entering the drawings. I wanted to stay in the painting with the pumpkins and bunny and scarecrow. But I didn't want to stay in the game. It seems so depressing - maybe that's it? I can handle horror but sadness and despair is a problem for me; maybe it hits too close to home.

I'll keep these games in mind and maybe sometimes in the future I'll understand why so many love them and I'll be able to enjoy playing them. If so many people like them so much there's got to be something good about them. I've never seen so many reviews on a game before!

[Post New]by phoenix_rising on Nov 26, 12 11:02 AM
great game,loved it, a bit slow in between paintings and I did have an error message twice at the end of the game, no idea why.
art is great good enough reason for buying this game what I did, played it a few times just for the art work and the interesting way with the paintings.

[Post New]by _Rosanna_ on Mar 18, 13 1:12 PM
I really liked it, I found the story-line good and different. However, it is planned and based as a series, at the end of this one it just stops and that's it. I liked how it was a true adventure game (no hidden object scenes) and the range of different puzzles. The hint system was helpful but it kept repeating the first hint, I could only get it to go to the next hint once.

jmgw
Sea Anemone
Sea Anemone
1 Posts

[Post New]by jmgw on Apr 10, 13 5:03 PM
I'm trying to outline the clouds in the tree painting and when I try to pick up the chalk I keep getting the message that it's making my hands dirty. Looked everywhere for gloves (including the scarecrow) no luck. Walkthroughs don't show that message. Very frustrated. Playing on an IPad. Any suggestions? Thanks.

HCC_314
Seahorse
Seahorse
31 Posts

[Post New]by HCC_314 on Sep 8, 13 3:37 PM
Bad back time, and I needed something absorbing and fun. I started looking at lists of Best of on Jayisgames.com. I almost NEVER consider games more than 2 years old: the tech gap is just too great. But when I saw Drawn: The Painted Tower, I knew that was just the ticket. The other two Drawn games are on my best-of-all-time list, and this one just got added.

The loading....times were irritating at first, but since the pace of the game was so relaxed, I stopped noticing it. I don't know how long it took me to finish the game; I was probably going slowly so that it wouldn't end. The content was perfect.

I hardly glanced at the walk-through, and looked at the forum only once (that danged stripe on the knight's figure that looks pale green but was actually yellow!!). I am soooooo tired of hidden object anything. It is such a relief to play a casual game where there are no HOG. I loved the puzzles; and the lack of instruction/help was part of the charm. Hugely demanding..no. I could figure out the logic and the method for all but one or two. There were no never-ending fight scenes that left me jumping and tachycardic. I knew the baddies were on the way, but there was obviously going to be time to work everything out.

Wish there were more games like this one. Top rating from me

[Post New]by F00Fighters on Sep 16, 13 7:59 AM
I know this game is a couple years old, but are there any plans to re-release an iOS Retina Display supported version? In general, is it possible for Big Fish to have a list of games that specifically says Retina supported? I played and loved this game when it first arrived on iOS in 2010, before iPad Retina was developed. I'm also looking to buy games for my Retina display macbook pro, but again i'm hesitant to purchase, because I'm not finding any information in terms of what games support Retina displays.

[Post New]by kcantrell779 on Aug 23, 14 10:43 PM
I really enjoyed the game and all the pretty art. But I was very disappointed with the end. It was too abrupt and really didn't flow with the game at all. Felt a little cheated by the ending.

Fishmania
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Fishmania on Aug 25, 14 5:47 PM
Trying it- so far loving it. But needs a better hint system. It would be nice to know that you have to put the first few glass shards of glass in the window in the witch doctor room, before you get the clue to break the wall with the hammer and get the last one for example! Saves you 3 hours.

Fishmania
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
17 Posts

[Post New]by Fishmania on Aug 25, 14 6:44 PM
How is one supposed to make an arrow out of 1 or 2 tiny pieces of glass?

Go to: