dear devs/mods

El62
Clownfish
Clownfish
659 Posts

dear devs/mods

[Post New]by El62 on Aug 14, 16 4:35 AM
with the next challenge can you please give the same avatars in a different sequence, so that all the people who were unable to finish can get the avatars. not all of us have the time, coins, inventory to do all the tasks.
you will make a lot of people very happy.
thanks for now, El62

LadyLeigh
Guppy
Guppy
128 Posts

Re:dear devs/mods

[Post New]by LadyLeigh on Aug 14, 16 8:45 AM
Well that's not quite fair to all the people that have worked hard to get all the avatars. I think a better solution is to wait for about four monthly challenges and then give you your choice of what avatar you want or if you have all of them, you could choose diamonds for each leg of the challenge and a whopping bundle of diamonds at the end.

magz13
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
422 Posts

[Post New]by magz13 on Aug 14, 16 9:06 AM
I agree that we all worked hard to get the avatars. But I also know how hard it is for some people who have to work and take care of their families. That is a challenge in itself. I have been there.

Put the avatars up there again in a different order. Then give those who have gotten them the choice of coins or diamonds. Some people might prefer to have the coins or diamonds in place of the avatars. I think this would be a good compromise between what both E162 and LadyLeigh have suggested.

God bless.

El62
Clownfish
Clownfish
659 Posts

[Post New]by El62 on Aug 14, 16 9:06 AM
I know, I have worked hard for mine, but not everone is in the same position. maybe something like they did for christmas? if you have the avatar you get something else perhaps?

[Post New]by blankslate61 on Aug 14, 16 9:49 AM
I missed out on the last avatar in the 1 st challenge due to game problem. I was working hard towards challenge and was on day 25 and had a problem with the game. Customer support was so very busy, so I did not get assistance until challenge was over. They could not extend the challenge for me and thus I missed the avatar. I certainly would like an opportunity to capture that avatar! That is just another scenario.... But it's still just a game,so what will be,will be. Right Doris,hehe.

gohill
Stingray
Stingray
4,715 Posts

[Post New]by gohill on Aug 14, 16 10:19 AM
I think it cheapens the reward for those who worked so hard to get them... Why waste time and effort getting it the first time (when it's an actual challenge) when you could wait and get it easier the next time... I kept the centaur up because it was NOT easy for me to get...

KayteCat
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
468 Posts

[Post New]by KayteCat on Aug 14, 16 11:15 AM
I did NOT get the centaur, but I agree that these challenges are meant to be challenging!

I am one who is unable to play as much as others, as I work a job that gives me little free time during the day, sometimes with no internet access for my iPad, even on my breaks.

While I am not one of those who got the final prize, I don't think I'd want it just handed to me while others worked hard. Especially when there are new and different avatars for the next challenge. There's always something new to strive for, to look forward to. Those who got the Centaur can be proud. They can look at him and say *I did that!*

I look forward to seeing the next set of avatars, and the next.

For this run through, I hope to manage the mermaid, but as I am not one of those at level 71 who has chosen/been able to spend the time building up extra inventory, I may not succeed. That's okay. I'll try for the next one! I'm going to think of the Avatars as collectibles... You want them all, even the ugly ones, but they are valuable for their rarity, and because you worked for them!

I feel differently toward the achievements - everyone should have a chance to work for those... as long as it takes. Those are meant to be long term.

I even feel differently toward the events - I like that we have a second chance at those at the next holiday (autumn, winter, spring)... Those feel like a gift to us that we work for but all have a chance at.

I do feel for the people who had computer issues, or a family emergency, or were just unable to spend the time during that time frame. Been there, for all of the above.

I am thinking how, sometimes in school, if a student misses a test, the teacher provides a make-up test. The make-up test is always harder, but more flexible on scheduling. I could see something like that.

Minerva

KayteCat
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
468 Posts

[Post New]by KayteCat on Aug 14, 16 11:22 AM
An analogy that didn't fit in the previous message:

I remember the joy I got every time I found an egg on the wheel. It felt like a stroke of luck. I kept track of each egg I got, and when, and where.

Now that there is an achievement regarding eggs on the wheel, there is always an egg there, and if I land on it, I am pleased, but it is not the same thrill it was before.

I get that the eggs have to be reliably on the wheel if there is an achievement to collect a certain quantity of them. But in making the *achievement* possible, it seems that they have taken away from the delight of having a chance to get that missing egg, to create that missing pet.

I don't want to see the game made so easy that it feels bland, nor so difficult it is too frustrating to continue.

The Devs have a challenge to maintain that balance between too easy and too difficult, and to keep the joy of discovery balanced with making the game accessible to all players, as well as moving the story forward, and continuing to create stunning artwork for the various locations and HOSs.

I hope we tell you enough when you get it right. I know we tell you when we feel you get it wrong. Keep moving forward. We'll follow so long as there is a balance between new/delightful and familiar/comfortable... and also a balance between challenging and accessible for a variety of players.

Yeah, you got your work cut out for you. Thanks for doing it.

Minerva

D_NY
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
411 Posts

[Post New]by D_NY on Aug 14, 16 1:45 PM
Please. This is a very casual game, not one where people look for a challenge. Let it remain easy and fun. That is it's charm.

I got all three last time and am not sure whether I will or not this time. idc. Either way, let other people get a chance at them. Too many things outside the player's control can intefere.

As for eggs on the wheel, I think that's a good challenge and if it adds eggs so people can get their pets without begging friends -- all the better. If you don't need the egg, you can gift to a friend who does, or sell for gold or make shards of it. I'm at a gold hungry place right now plus we have the get 4,000 gold in 4 hours challenge. I'm totally selling the egg I got the other day for gold.

c0c0_nuts
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,107 Posts

[Post New]by c0c0_nuts on Aug 14, 16 1:58 PM
gohill wrote:I think it cheapens the reward for those who worked so hard to get them... Why waste time and effort getting it the first time (when it's an actual challenge) when you could wait and get it easier the next time... I kept the centaur up because it was NOT easy for me to get...

EOTR
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by EOTR on Aug 14, 16 3:06 PM
MC is a casual game???!!! ROFL!!!

Annelliegram
Shark
Shark
10,615 Posts

[Post New]by Annelliegram on Aug 14, 16 3:08 PM
EOTR wrote:MC is a casual game???!!! ROFL!!!

Yeah, and we don't use any strategy in it either.....

EOTR
Minnow
Minnow
213 Posts

[Post New]by EOTR on Aug 14, 16 3:16 PM
LOL Annelliegram!

[Post New]by Matermaniac on Aug 14, 16 3:50 PM
I like the new additions of HOS modes, mini-events and challenges but so many of them all going on so close together seems to be making me weary of playing the game.

I don't understand things like not getting a share of the bounty on the mini-events when not enough people participate to meet the global progress. I did my part so why should I lose out on account of those who did not? Statistically not all members participate in the game at all. Is this factored in?

I did not get the 3rd avatar on the first challenge because it took me 36 hours to beat Lord Chamberlain on the game table that doesn't reset for 12 hours. Now I don't think I am going to even get the first avatar on the current challenge because I can't get even 1 wooden chest let alone 5. Without a way to purchase or request medallions I am still working on day 6 while I should be somewhere close to day 12.

I play a game for fun, not disappointment.

playingthegame
Stingray
Stingray
4,895 Posts

[Post New]by playingthegame on Aug 14, 16 4:22 PM
Matermaniac wrote:I like the new additions of HOS modes, mini-events and challenges but so many of them all going on so close together seems to be making me weary of playing the game. ........ because I can't get even 1 wooden chest let alone 5.

As has been suggested elsewhere on the Forum just try and feed your Snow Griffin 5 times.
A wooden chest is almost guaranteed and you can easily craft the simple pet food if you run out.

Dbingamen
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,341 Posts

[Post New]by Dbingamen on Aug 14, 16 4:31 PM
missm0 wrote:
D_NY wrote:Please. This is a very casual game, not one where people look for a challenge. Let it remain easy and fun. That is it's charm.

Please speak for yourself - who said this is a very casual game and people who play just want to be handed everything without working for anything???? - I LOVE a challenge in this game - it makes it far more interesting for me to have something to work hard toward.

Miss M...I agree completely. Any challenge that involves more than doing the rounds over and over is very welcome, IMHO.

KayteCat
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
468 Posts

[Post New]by KayteCat on Aug 14, 16 5:01 PM
playingthegame wrote:
Matermaniac wrote:I like the new additions of HOS modes, mini-events and challenges but so many of them all going on so close together seems to be making me weary of playing the game. ........ because I can't get even 1 wooden chest let alone 5.

As has been suggested elsewhere on the Forum just try and feed your Snow Griffin 5 times.
A wooden chest is almost guaranteed and you can easily craft the simple pet food if you run out.

I think in MM's case, the "easily craft pet food" is questionable, since Matermaniac said "Without a way to purchase or request medallions I am still working on day 6"... With no medallions, no way to craft pet food.

Minerva

BFFirefly
Clownfish
Clownfish
540 Posts

[Post New]by BFFirefly on Aug 14, 16 6:37 PM
This is a Challenge; a competition. If the avatars are the reward for finishing it, then that should be the end of them. To expect they be offered another way shows a lack of sportsmanship. We can not win everything nor should we expect to. Be gracious in losing. There will be another Challenge and more rewards will be offered.

Milan_Indiana
Guppy
Guppy
156 Posts

[Post New]by Milan_Indiana on Aug 14, 16 6:58 PM
LOL! Reading all the comments was almost like listening to the different sides of a political debate. I think MC does an excellent job of having BOTH...events that are easy and some events that are hard. I personally don't want all achievements handed to me but again that is the way I see things which makes me half right.

Milan

[Post New]by Matermaniac on Aug 16, 16 12:22 PM
Thanks Playingthegame and Kaytecat (btw love the name) for your help. I am still working to get all 5 chests but now that I know to feed the snow griffin I think I'll at least get the first avatar.

Go to: