bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Post any Dolphins Dice Slots technical issues here only

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Mar 6, 10 1:04 AM
If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Frequent Crashing of Game
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the forums, or other tech savy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team. The forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly. If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, p lease get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

Edited on 03/10/2010 at 2:38:33 PM PST

amj0963
Whale Shark
Whale Shark
16,544 Posts

Re:Dolphins Dice Slots technical issues

[Post New]by amj0963 on Mar 6, 10 7:08 AM
i am getting a dowload error that says check your internet connection, i am connected or i wouldn't be able to post here. or we may be having technical difficulties try again later

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Mar 6, 10 7:12 AM
Same thing here and others are having problems too. We aren't alone!

[Post New]by barbalicious1508 on Mar 6, 10 7:35 AM
It will not download saying it may be corrupt or has a virus...bum. I will try again later. I HAVE FAITH with BFG. They have ALWAYS fixed the problems in the past.

[Post New]by CandyC1 on Mar 6, 10 9:42 AM
It's still will not download and there seems to be no real answer.
Bought and can't get it...sad

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Mar 6, 10 10:44 AM
I also am getting an "Error Downloading" message.

Ah well, I'll try it when they get it fixed

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Mar 6, 10 3:27 PM
It still isn't downloading for me. It's been out for over 15 hours. It looks like a fun game with the screen shots.

bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Mar 6, 10 3:31 PM
Hi fishies,

If you are having problems downloading, you may need to check your firewall settings, adjust your Game Manager settings or turn off your pop-up blocker. If you are seeing an error that says you are unable to connect to the internet, you may need to reinstall your Game Manager. Here are some help articles that have some steps you can use.

Problems Downloading & Activating a Game

Unable to Connect Error Message

You can contact Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom left of the next page.

Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat

Hope this helps!

bfgTigris

shellclan
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by shellclan on Mar 6, 10 6:52 PM
Same here. error download. And I download almost daily with no problems.
Bought it because I love slots..sigh....have to be patient I guess!

jlvlw
Squid
Squid
62 Posts

[Post New]by jlvlw on Mar 6, 10 7:10 PM
bfgTigris wrote:Hi fishies,

If you are having problems downloading, you may need to check your firewall settings, adjust your Game Manager settings or turn off your pop-up blocker. If you are seeing an error that says you are unable to connect to the internet, you may need to reinstall your Game Manager. Here are some help articles that have some steps you can use.

I'm having the same problem. What if other games are downloading fine??? Seems it wouldn't be a firewall or Game Manager issue then, right???

jerimeri
Seahorse
Seahorse
35 Posts

[Post New]by jerimeri on Mar 6, 10 10:22 PM
I get the same error message. got it last night...got it again just now. It has to be on BFG side because I had just downloaded another game right before trying this one. Therefore there can't be a problem with my pop up blockers, internet connection or firewall...or anything else they are saying. Since their solution is very vague I have a feeling they don't know.

Woofie53
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,145 Posts

[Post New]by Woofie53 on Mar 7, 10 12:26 AM
I tried a little bit ago also. Same message; I was able to download another game right afterwords I know it isn't my computer. .

dashwood95
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by dashwood95 on Mar 7, 10 6:00 AM
I still truly love how the first reaction when people can't download is to check your firewall or internet connection when it's obviously a widespread issue AND we're all still actively online.

Love that patronizing BFG. Love it. (/end sarcasm).

For my two cents, that must be a sign this game just ain't worth playing. I'm not even going to bother with another day of trying.

auntann11
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,001 Posts

[Post New]by auntann11 on Mar 7, 10 6:24 AM
Another day another instant download failed message before it even starts to download. Nine other demos downloaded without a hiccup. Maybe the dolphins are too busy bouncing clownfish off their noses to show up for the demo. Tried the alternate download and that did not help.

Edited on 03/07/2010 at 6:27:06 AM PST

bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Mar 7, 10 12:02 PM
Hey Fishies!

If you've received a download error in this game, we've been able to get this game working by running Microsoft Updates and completely shutting down the computer.

You can find Microsoft Updates in the control panel under Automatic Updates or under Security Center>Automatic Updates.

When you reboot your computer, your game should say "Waiting to Download" in your Game Manager. Just click that button to download and install your game.

If you're still having trouble after running your updates and restarting your computer, you can hop in to Live Chat if you're a Game Club Member, or you can shoot an email to Customer Support , and a CS Representative will be more than happy to help you out.

Hope this helps!

-bfgZambezi

katierc
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by katierc on Mar 7, 10 1:01 PM
Running Windows Updates has made no difference whatsoever (and to be honest I didn't expect it to - I knew my computer was fully up to date with Windows Updates).

The status of the game in the Game Manager was always "Waiting to Download" and it gives the download error when trying to download it, from within the Game Manager. So just to humour myself I ran Windows Updates, there were no updates pending as I run this regularly let it check for updates, none found, rebooted my computer, went back into the Game Manager - status of game is still waiting to download, click on download and still "Download Error".

Never mind.

Edited on 03/07/2010 at 1:01:38 PM PST

bfgZambezi
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,858 Posts

[Post New]by bfgZambezi on Mar 7, 10 1:53 PM
Hey katierc,

Sounds like it's time to contact tech support so they can gather more information about what is happening with this game and help you troubleshoot further.

You can contact Customer Support by clicking on the green envelope to the right of the screen, and then clicking "Contact Us" at the bottom left of the next page to reach the Webform. Or if you're a Big Fish Game Club member, you can connect to Live Chat

Take care!

-bfgZambezi

katierc
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
16 Posts

[Post New]by katierc on Mar 7, 10 11:26 PM
Thanks bfgZambezi, I was going to (but off to work now) however just checked in one of the other threads http://forums.bigfishgames.com/posts/list/84128.page and it worked all of a sudden for someone else, so just tried downloading now and success. So I'll give the game a go tonight, right now it's work time to earn money to fund my BFG addition!

Thx,
Katierc

auntann11
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,001 Posts

[Post New]by auntann11 on Mar 8, 10 7:38 AM
Did not do an update or reboot, but this morning the game DID download. Won't know about playing it until later today.

Go to: