Upgrade causing errors?

4Cats4
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
19 Posts

Upgrade causing errors?

[Post New]by 4Cats4 on Mar 6, 10 9:34 AM
PLayed hour demo, liked game, bought it. Played it for hours yesterday with no problem. Downloaded upgrade this morning, just attempted to play game. Everytime I click on a totem (different areas) I get a black screen with an error box saying "texture-erreur de chargement image"

Help!

LoriW
Clownfish
Clownfish
769 Posts

Re:Upgrade causing errors?

[Post New]by LoriW on Mar 6, 10 10:01 AM
I sometimes get that too. Just click on your enter (return) button and it should go away and bring up the puzzle.

[Post New]by MissIceberg on Mar 6, 10 10:13 AM
I seem to be having a problem with Eden's Quest. It is running in slow motion. Is anyone else having this problem?

[Post New]by jigjoye on Mar 6, 10 11:20 AM
I had no problems before the upgrade, now I get access violation errors whenever I click on a totem, which crashes the game! Help, I want the old version--I was on the last chapter!

[Post New]by Lara1968 on Mar 6, 10 11:26 AM
Having exactly same problem after upgrade. Tried pressing return as suggested and it worked for awhile but then about ten totems later started happening again. Just blacked on crab puzzle, then freezes and won't let me move the crabs. I have done the Dr. Felix zip file to customer service and recommended and hopefully will hear soon.

[Post New]by TheNewDebHead on Mar 6, 10 3:28 PM
I purchased the game and played it for awhile last night. It was giving me a black screen in between scenes and stages then this morning I did the update and now I click on a totem and it crashes with the "Texture Error" and no cursor, have to do the control/alt/delete to get out of this game. It is stressing me out. This is suppose to be fun? You can have it back and credit my account. Would be a good game if it would work right!

[Post New]by gamelady101 on Mar 6, 10 3:44 PM
MissIceberg wrote:I seem to be having a problem with Eden's Quest. It is running in slow motion. Is anyone else having this problem?[/quote mine is running very slow too...have you found any solving problems?

vjones
Squid
Squid
65 Posts

[Post New]by vjones on Mar 6, 10 4:22 PM
I also started having the issue with the french error messages which started right after I did the patch. But, I am also having a much more serious problem. Right after uploading the patch, I played the game and my computer totally shut down, no notice, just gone. I thought at first that it might be something overheating, but this computer is fairly new and has never done the before. I tried the game again a little later and same thing happened. I have not had this issue playing other games today or online, only when I am playing this game today. I did put in a help request, but wondered if this had happened to anyone else.

higgins717
Lobster
Lobster
85 Posts

[Post New]by higgins717 on Mar 6, 10 4:25 PM
i too downloaded the update,i too was almost through with the game, now i have more problems then i did with the original, running very slow, choppy cursor, and now texture error. what a mess

Donick2
Minnow
Minnow
255 Posts

[Post New]by Donick2 on Mar 6, 10 4:49 PM
Yeah same here very annoyed have to re-boot computer each time & I had no probs with original 1 please put it back & understand you are wasting our download time as large file
Please ASAP

[Post New]by browneyedangel70 on Mar 6, 10 5:10 PM
I'm having the same problems, as well. I get a French error box that says there's a problem with loading the picture, and then I get an error box in English that prevents me from playing any longer. I didn't have a single problem before I downloaded this update. I'm half tempted to delete my game and download it again. Has anyone tried this with any success?

prose_2
Guppy
Guppy
114 Posts

[Post New]by prose_2 on Mar 7, 10 1:14 AM
I'm the same as you all, no problem before update and the french error after.

bootsie21
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,188 Posts

[Post New]by bootsie21 on Mar 7, 10 1:21 AM
My game was playing without a problem and have played it all the way through, so I haven`t downloaded the update and am not going to, I feel if something is going well it is best left alone.

tribrach
Minnow
Minnow
209 Posts

[Post New]by tribrach on Mar 7, 10 1:31 AM
Hi Browneyedangel, don't bother deleting & then downloading again....I tried that (after getting all the error messages you got) & it's made no difference whatsoever
I've contacted customer support in the hope that they can explain why something that should have improved the game has ruined it I was on the last chapter too!!!

divegal
Minnow
Minnow
246 Posts

[Post New]by divegal on Mar 7, 10 4:32 AM
I have only tried the upgraded version. I'm getting sound problems -- a bad echo, and a lot of crackling. All drivers are definitely up-to-date and I have no sound problems with any other program. Will contact CS but wondering if anyone else has the same problem? Thanks.

Edited on 03/07/2010 at 4:53:20 AM PST

phatkhat
Stingray
Stingray
5,001 Posts

[Post New]by phatkhat on Mar 7, 10 4:56 AM
Before the patch, the game would sometimes get as far as the beach scene before locking up the whole computer. Sometimes lock on Frogware page. So I was happy to see the patch. Wrong. Now the game won't load at all.

This game is full of errors and bugs, and should never have been released until they were fixed. I've uninstalled and reinstalled I don't know how many times.

bbelle
Clownfish
Clownfish
795 Posts

[Post New]by bbelle on Mar 7, 10 5:06 AM
Mine was the same. Played really good before update now have all kinds of problems. Freezing at spots, objects missing, can,t go on to other places. I wish I had not updated.

Did all everyone suggested but still the same.

divegal
Minnow
Minnow
246 Posts

[Post New]by divegal on Mar 7, 10 5:48 AM
I uninstalled and reinstalled too, same problems, contacted CS.

Wish I had the old version to try -- this is just my kind of game

lopie65
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by lopie65 on Mar 7, 10 7:57 AM
i get the same error what to do

lopie65
Squid
Squid
63 Posts