bfgTigris
Salmon
Salmon
2,693 Posts

Comments and Reviews for Jane's Zoo

[Post New]by bfgTigris on Mar 6, 10 10:03 AM
Hey Fishies!

What do you think of Jane's Zoo? We value your reviews, as do many of the other fishies in our pond, so feel free to post your comments, opinions, hints and tips in this thread!

Remember, a lot of people who will be reading this thread will have never played the game before. If you are posting spoilers, be sure to include SPOILER ALERT at the top of your post.

Hope to hear from you!

bfgTigris

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

Re:Comments and Reviews for Jane's Zoo

[Post New]by genkicoll on Mar 6, 10 10:12 AM
My daughter - LOVES - this game!

It's a definite must-buy if you like time management games and interaction with animals... or at least, it was for us

shoelesshs
Guppy
Guppy
130 Posts

[Post New]by shoelesshs on Mar 6, 10 11:17 AM
My review after 1 hour demo:

Level: Easy. Gets progressively harder, but I made expert on every level in the hour I played. Made it through the 1st zoo.

Playability: Good. Mostly clicking. You can drag and drop animals to and from their homes, but nothing else.

Likes: Very colorful, cute animals, which you receive as babies. Lots to do.

Dislikes: Why do Jane and her uncle have to walk all the way back before completing the next task? That's so annoying. If you're feeding one animal, stay there and feed the next one. Maybe that improves with the upgrades you earn? Would like to see more chaining ability.

Not sure about: The clean-up game. I'm not very good at these; did not notice if it can be skipped or not.

Recommendations: You can chain the same item if you haven't clicked on anything in between, but it must be identical - two hammers, not a broom then a hammer, even though the same person carries both. Click the bonuses (coins, smilies, snowflakes) whenever you see them as they disappear fast.

Will I buy it? Maybe. It's somewhat similar to Farm Mania, which I bought recently, so I may wait a bit. I may save my credit for something different, but that's just me.

[Post New]by kerreville on Mar 6, 10 4:35 PM
Sorry, but I found this game soooooo boring I only played 29 mins. of demo. Same thing repeated over and over again, not for me, will save my credit for another day.

patnsky
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,415 Posts

[Post New]by patnsky on Mar 6, 10 7:18 PM
I am a fan of Time Management games, but this one, I found boring. I only played the Demo about 15 minutes before leaving. This really just a point and click ,,,

genkicoll
Stingray
Stingray
5,732 Posts

[Post New]by genkicoll on Mar 6, 10 7:40 PM
*genki shrugs and smiles* My daughter adores it, and that makes it worth the money. I don't generally enjoy time management games, myself

laeddie
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,053 Posts

[Post New]by laeddie on Mar 7, 10 3:07 PM
I couldn't get the littleskunk to come in out of the rain so I quit the trial early on. These games for kiddies stump me from time to time! Probably wouldn't have bought it anyway with all the repetection. Can't spell either LOL

poetforhim
Squid
Squid
63 Posts

[Post New]by poetforhim on Mar 9, 10 9:38 AM
I am sooooo mad for wasting my game credit on this game!!!! they throw too many things at one time and not enough time to complete each task!!! all in all this game is not worth the 6.99 or my free game credit!!!

RainbowElf
Herring
Herring
308 Posts

[Post New]by RainbowElf on Mar 13, 10 9:13 AM
Well personally I found this both challenging and entertaining...and I am 22 years old.

The only issue that I had with the game is that there only seems to be three zoos and I got to the third level on the second zoo in the trial, so I would not really spend money on something that it seems I could finish in less then two hours.
Oh and I got expert on all levels so might be a little easy as well.

Lots of different challenges and a nice hidden object in-between to stop your hand cramping in pain.

I think for children this might be tricky, as like someone else said they do throw lots in your direction.

Good challenge though for the less experienced time management player.

Eisteepfirsich
Dolphin
Dolphin
6,584 Posts

[Post New]by Eisteepfirsich on Mar 17, 10 7:28 AM
I am big fan from "Janes Hotel" and hoped that the gameplay from Janes Zoo is also great ... but it isn`t. It beginns repititive after a while, very boring. But I would buy it as a Daily Deal for sure!

GloomySunday
Guppy
Guppy
167 Posts

[Post New]by GloomySunday on Mar 25, 10 1:13 PM
I play this game on expert level and it does get quite challenging. It's an okay game, I used a credit on it because I wanted some new game and am a bit bored, but I wouldn't usually have used a game on Jane's Zoo.

What I liked: the animation of the animals. Really nicely done, love how they have their unique behaviour. Also, they are adoooooorable as babies.
I also liked that I was kept busy. Nothing worse than a boring time management game. And this one does keep me busy.

What I didn't like:
- the stupid crow! I hated having to shoo it during the Farm Mania games and now I hate it even more.
- no points for getting the animals into their houses on time. Generally, there are a few actions that bring smiley faces from the animals but now points. So what are the smiley faces for? They seem to have no use.
- Updates are of no use whatsoever. The fence that is supposed to keep unwanted visitors out doesn't keep the crow out and there are no other unwanted visitors anyway! The grass that apparently never stops being green, goes just as dry as the grass before. The new houses don't seem any more stable etc. etc. What use do the upates have except for an ornamental one?
- Having to get the animals into their houses during bad weather. So annoying when one animal is just in the middle of bathing or doing sports and you can't put it into its house until its done, so valuable time is lost
- Too much time lost during minigames. They just take their time and time runs, so the crow (that stupid, stupid crow!) can disturb and cost points, the other animals get impatient and so on. Too many mini games anyway.

So, I guess it's okay to pass the time if there is no better game around and it's not a bad game as such. But there are just too many things that are not well done and that take a lot of fun out of playing. The Jane's hotel games were sooooooo much better!

ember89
Flounder
Flounder
2,103 Posts

[Post New]by ember89 on Apr 3, 10 3:48 PM
what carries over from the hotel is the "amenities" portion for the animals... you get the happy faces because you got them to the gym on time or you performed their manicure the way they like it or you got them their food/water quickly... it's very similar to your guest asking for their room to be cleaned or for you to bring them a cocktail... as for having to go back and forth - the same thing! when you're running the hotel, you have to go get the telephone or go to the blender or go to the kitchen before you could attend to the guests' needs... does jane really carry around enough water for a hippo, lion, and panda, while carting fresh fish and apples? boy, do i wish! it would be great to have a set feeding time and be able to water the grass when you had the time, not when the animals demand it, but this is their hotel and they are the guests and the guest is always right...

anyway... all i can say is: jane rocks!

TerryMann
Shark
Shark
10,717 Posts

[Post New]by TerryMann on Apr 10, 10 5:52 PM
To: ember89- I totally agree with you!!!! I had a blast with this one, though I go it a while back, I still catch myself re-playing this game. Another game that I saw that was a little similiar was Jenny's Fish Shop. Great games and great review....TMann

Edited on 04/10/2010 at 5:53:55 PM PST

Lisa522
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,850 Posts

[Post New]by Lisa522 on Jul 19, 10 7:41 PM
Not a bad game, nice theme and cute animations. This game has normal or expert mode you can play on. You are the caketaker at a zoo and get to care for various animals (you start with monkey, elephant, lion cub (who grows up!), and skunk. There was one other animal for the first level but I quit before I got to it. This is a very basic keep up with the clicking type of game. Seems pretty mindless sometimes. The thing that bothered me the most was that the animals would request the same things they just had (diaper change, bath) although washing the animals in the bath was pretty fun. I think people will either straight out like or dislike this game.

Go to: