kandinsky
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

Question is this a "freemium' game for real money?

[Post New]by kandinsky on Aug 16, 16 2:40 PM
I have gotten a little ways and it is a sort of pleasant game to pick up and put down. It is certainly on the model of a pay little by little until it becomes a lot game but so far the store seems only to take in game items in exchange.
also I see in the facebook form of it making links with friends to exchange gifts...

on the whole would it not be nice to have a full and candid explanation of what kind of game this is?
it didnt cost much and Im not complaining too much but certainly not reviewing it until I know what it is>

Re:Question is this a "freemium' game for real money?

[Post New]by MortimerSnerd on Aug 16, 16 3:48 PM
Unfortunately it looks very much like a 'freemium' game being sold for real money.
I wouldn't want this thing if it was free.

kandinsky
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

maybe...

[Post New]by kandinsky on Aug 16, 16 4:10 PM
Yes,Mortimer Snerd, ...Maybe our good moderator will answer the question of whether this game is going to cost money to play beyond a certain point , and how it relates to the facebook incarnation of the game with exchanged gifts etc?

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Aug 16, 16 5:07 PM
Hello Kadinsky and MortimerSnerd,

Thanks for taking the time to ask this question. I certainly understand wanting to make sure there aren't more purchases to make inside a game you've purchased, which is why we make sure to make it clear on our game pages whether they are a purchase first game or a Free to Play game.

If a game is Free to Play, the game page will not allow you to purchase it with a "Buy Now" button and will only have a button that says "Play Free". This indicates that the game is Free to Play, but the game may have in-game purchases for boosts or other items that can help with gameplay.

If a game is purchase once to own it, you will see a green button labeled "Buy Now" next to a blue "Play Now" button. The blue "Play Now" button allows you to download a free trial to see if you like the game and test it against your computer's hardware and software to see if any issues come up. The "Buy Now" button allows you to purchase the game for its listed price.

The version of the game we provide does not have the features detailed in your posts above and will not require you to link to Facebook, exchange gifts with each other, or to spend real money on items in-game. In short, this game is definitely not a Free to Play game and will not have in-game purchases available. To learn more about our Free to Play games, I'm including a link to a Help page below that may be interesting, if you're interested:

Free to Play Games

If you have any technical issues with this game, I definitely want to invite you to post to the following tech thread:

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Time Gap here.

Also, if you would like to leave a review for this game, please feel free to post it here:

Please post your REVIEWS for Time Gap here.

I hope that was able to clear up that this game is for purchase one time on our site and may not have the same features as other versions of this game. If there are any further questions, feel free to reply here or PM me or another moderator. The Forum Moderation Team is happy to listen and help out in the best way we can.

Thanks for your patience, and I hope this clears things up!

bfgIlinalta

kandinsky
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

thank you!

[Post New]by kandinsky on Aug 16, 16 6:55 PM
Thank you! and for giving us a version of the game
which is not a freemium pay as you go one. I am
enjoying it and will press on now with a light heart!

angelfish106
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,378 Posts

[Post New]by angelfish106 on Aug 17, 16 4:47 AM
MortimerSnerd wrote:Unfortunately it looks very much like a 'freemium' game being sold for real money.
I wouldn't want this thing if it was free.

You're wrong; it isn't.

You may not like it but I found 'this thing' fun to play. Certainly worth a punch card credit.

moonryu
Guppy
Guppy
195 Posts

[Post New]by moonryu on Aug 17, 16 4:38 PM
I am enjoying the game as well.

And I am very glad the company that produced the game decided to convert it to a one time pay game. Because I really do like these kind of games I just don't like to continue to shell out real money to play them.

My only advice to the game company is to do away with the energy requirements. That would make the game I think much more enjoyable. Otherwise it will take you forever to gain levels once you hit about level 14 which is where I am now.

georgiarealist
Guppy
Guppy
179 Posts

[Post New]by georgiarealist on Aug 30, 16 11:13 PM
I suppose the fact that it was originally a "free to play" game explains why there's no good way to get more crystals. I don't like the gambling games, and that appears to be the only way to get crystals besides waiting for the indicator in the top center to fill up. Most annoying. As to the energy levels, I've resorted to just closing the game and doing other things while time recharges the energy levels. That at least lets me do some things while I wait for the crystals. Other than these minor annoyances, I like the game.

lil_chickadee
Minnow
Minnow
248 Posts

[Post New]by lil_chickadee on Sep 8, 16 11:45 PM
I played this for a while when it was a "freemium" game. It's a pleasant pastime. I'm assuming that the development company couldn't get enough income from the in-game purchases, so they revamped it as a game where you could buy the "complete" game at once. I wonder, though, if it's really only a partial game in that it won't be updated or added to like the online version. Did they write an ending for it? And leaving a lot of the money-squeezing mechanics (like paying for more energy and hints, even if it is "in-game" earned currency) is quite a distraction and annoyance. I bought the game. I should be able to play it at my leisure without having to return at a later time to play when the game is ready to let me.

Go to: