Sassy
You're very welcome.

wendy131uk
Starfish
Starfish
58 Posts

Re:The Treasures of Mystery Island

[Post New]by wendy131uk on Oct 11, 08 7:01 AM
woohoo something else to keep me quiet for an hour lol, forgot about alawar thanks prp

DoobieBear
Flounder
Flounder
2,169 Posts

[Post New]by DoobieBear on Oct 11, 08 7:33 AM
This game is very similar to Magic Encyclopedia. I LOVE it and can't wait for to get it. Hopefully it won't be long since ME was here not long after the release. Maybe if we're lucky it will be on the OctoberFest list too?

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 11, 08 7:54 AM
DoobieBear wrote:This game is very similar to Magic Encyclopedia. I LOVE it and can't wait for to get it. Hopefully it won't be long since ME was here not long after the release. Maybe if we're lucky it will be on the OctoberFest list too?
OHHHH! running to go play now!

soymocha
Shark
Shark
11,574 Posts

[Post New]by soymocha on Oct 11, 08 12:37 PM
Sound great, on my way over to check it out now.

Thanks for the tip.

coco1953
Orca Whale
Orca Whale
20,580 Posts

[Post New]by coco1953 on Oct 11, 08 1:09 PM
I want it!!! I want it!!! Just finished the demo. I hope BF gets this game as I don't like to buy from any other sites.

DoobieBear
Flounder
Flounder
2,169 Posts

[Post New]by DoobieBear on Oct 11, 08 1:42 PM
hee, hee, told ya it was a good one!!

**twiddling thumbs until gets it**

Edited on 10/11/2008 at 1:43:28 PM PST

eleanor1183
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,991 Posts

[Post New]by eleanor1183 on Oct 11, 08 1:44 PM
Got in downloaded but haven't had a chance to try it yet. Mean old hubby made me do my balance ball workout...

DoobieBear
Flounder
Flounder
2,169 Posts

[Post New]by DoobieBear on Oct 11, 08 1:50 PM
tee hee, I would have hidden in a closet with my laptop and told him (in a nice way) to sit on that balance ball. I'm not normally mean but this game is THAT good.

At least you'll appreciate it even more when you play it. Don't forget to come back and let us know what you thought of it.

eleanor1183
Dogfish
Dogfish
1,991 Posts

[Post New]by eleanor1183 on Oct 11, 08 1:56 PM
Will do...

*swims off distractedly to start playing before hubby gets back from store...*

MoreOver
Clownfish
Clownfish
853 Posts

[Post New]by MoreOver on Oct 11, 08 2:02 PM
I didn't like their intrusive tracking but I'm wondering if I'm being a snob and maybe I should try the demos there. I won't buy from them but I need more HOG crack and it's getting to be serious withdrawal time!

scotcat wrote:Funny how everyone seems to have problems with iWin except me and I won't download ANYTHING from Alawar. I've never had good luck with that site. I'll wait till iWin or BF gets it in.

DoobieBear
Flounder
Flounder
2,169 Posts

[Post New]by DoobieBear on Oct 11, 08 2:03 PM
Scotcat, I don't click to play the gamebox part, just leave the box checked to play the game. Maybe that's what is giving you problems?

Buying is a whole 'nother ballgame. I tried to buy a game there once and got this freaky thing pop up that I needed to add something to my credit card. Now I must say that it DID have the correct name of the issuing bank for the credit card. I cancelled the order and called their customer service. They told me that it was the bank that was doing it, not them butttttttttt I've never had that happen to me before and I order online ALL the time. So anyhow that was the end of my purchasing from them!

Eleanor, have lots of fun!

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Oct 11, 08 2:30 PM
Will have to get back to finishing the demo later - hubby wants me ...

Have fun!

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 11, 08 3:28 PM
I am also enjoying this one- I don't like that the map pops up every time you turn around, but I can live with it.

DoobieBear
Flounder
Flounder
2,169 Posts

[Post New]by DoobieBear on Oct 11, 08 3:45 PM
prpldva, are you talking about the main map with the dots on it? If you are then I found when you mouse over the map button in a scene and don't click, it will bring up the other places you need to go and then choose from there. That way you don't have to go back to the map that often.

Not sure if that made sense or if I'm confused by what you said. If it doesn't apply then please disregard!

Poodlebear, I'm jealous!! Wish I had as many games to still play as you do.

prpldva
Zebrafish
Zebrafish
48,548 Posts

[Post New]by prpldva on Oct 11, 08 3:58 PM
DoobieBear wrote:prpldva, are you talking about the main map with the dots on it? If you are then I found when you mouse over the map button in a scene and don't click, it will bring up the other places you need to go and then choose from there. That way you don't have to go back to the map that often.

Not sure if that made sense or if I'm confused by what you said. If it doesn't apply then please disregard!

No- I figured out how to switch between locations without going to the map- I just didnt like it going there on it's own when you cleared a room

scotcat
Flounder
Flounder
2,349 Posts

[Post New]by scotcat on Oct 11, 08 4:01 PM

I still have 23 unfinished games to play! I haven't even finished Cate West yet.

I'm just so busy right now with all these kittens & cats, I don't have a lot of time. Once they are all placed in pet homes, I will be in HO Heaven. Plus, I keep playing Fishdom & 4 Elements over & over again. I'm addicted to them!

sandipuppy
Herring
Herring
325 Posts

[Post New]by sandipuppy on Oct 11, 08 4:06 PM
I went over and checked it out...looks like a good one!!

Took me 3 years to trust this web site...I don't know if I'm ready to trust another one this soon...LOL

Go to: