Level 31 -- Help please!!

[Post New]by linyoung on Aug 17, 16 8:44 AM
Just when I wasn't spending 2 days to pass a level, I came to Level 31. I'm figuring I need to get the gems into the 2 columns and then somehow get them to the bottom and off the board, but I'm really not seeing how to do this with so few moves to work with. Can anyone help please !!!

Lyndy20
Clownfish
Clownfish
543 Posts

Re:Level 31 -- Help please!!

[Post New]by Lyndy20 on Aug 17, 16 9:22 AM
Hi, linyoung

A tip here is to move the gems until they are sitting on top of the coins.

You will not lose moves eliminating the coins and then the gems will drop down. Try to get one gem sitting on top of another gem so that you can remove all 3 at once.

Also, have a look at the Achievements thread where a more detailed strategy was provided for this level, courtesy of SynthpopAddict.

Good luck.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Aug 17, 16 11:30 AM
Welcome to the pond, linyoung

As Lyndy20 was saying, I did post more detailed strategy in the Achievements thread for this level - it's in the Jeweler achievement award post. You are correct about the general strategy. What I've found that saves time when playing in general is to look for pairs of the same thing and then flip the adjacent tiles to see if you can get a match before just going to the "random" thing and flipping wherever. When you get it to where the goals are pretty much done, if you have quite a lot of swaps left over, start swapping to finish faster.

If you haven't figured out how to shift the jewels one space, you can do it with one of these patterns (mirror images work too for moving them the other way). These are swap moves, so use your flips to set up the patterns first before using swaps to move the jewels.

X
jewel X
X

X
X
jewel X

X X jewel X

PeterGreco
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by PeterGreco on Aug 17, 16 12:13 PM
And don't forget that the jewel is very easy to move with the Coins tile. Just swap them by drag the jewel

Edited on 08/17/2016 at 12:13:21 PM PST

[Post New]by linyoung on Aug 17, 16 12:23 PM
Thanks so much all of you!! I followed Lyndy20's advice -- and (as always) SynthpopAddict! I just managed to get past #31. Boy is this game challenging ... I sometimes can't get my brain around new approaches -- without some help from my friends!! Thanks all

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Aug 17, 16 12:36 PM
PeterGreco wrote:And don't forget that the jewel is very easy to move with the Coins tile. Just swap them by drag the jewel

LOL now I'm going to have to go back sometime and see if Level 31 has any of the button bonuses (coins tile) already there. Might make moving the jewels a little faster. I keep forgetting about this trick but fortunately remembered it in time to do level 79!

PeterGreco
Seahorse
Seahorse
26 Posts

[Post New]by PeterGreco on Aug 17, 16 1:00 PM
I think you can make the button bonuses by yourself at any level (by match4 or more) and use it for moving the jewel or smth.

Go to: