Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post any TECH ISSUES for Myths of the World: Island of Forgotten Evil Collector's Edition.

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Aug 18, 16 12:34 AM
A thread for any tech issues you may have. Please also include the operating system you are using.

Edited on 08/18/2016 at 7:41:14 AM PST

Kayen59
Guppy
Guppy
118 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Myths of the World: Island of Forgotten Evil Collector's Editio

[Post New]by Kayen59 on Aug 18, 16 4:51 AM
Just started to play, had to stop for a bit when started to play again I got a message that my data had been corrupt and I have to start a new game again. UUGH.

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Myths of the World: Island of Forgotten Evil Collector's Editio

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Aug 18, 16 7:40 AM
Hello everyone!

If you are having problems getting the game to work correctly, we highly recommend going to our Help pages. Using our Help pages is always the quickest way to get technical problems resolved. Here are a few suggested articles that have helped many people correct these types of problems in the past:

Game Crashing, Freezing, or Blank Screen
Game Compatibility

While we can offer a known solution for technical issues in the Forums, or other tech savvy pond residents can swim by with good tips and suggestions, we cannot provide the same excellent level of support provided by our Customer Support team.

The Forums are not very well suited for the kinds of information gathering and troubleshooting that get these types of issues corrected quickly.

If there is a problem with the game, our Support Team can also gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer for a fix.

If you are not able to get a game working properly using our Help pages, please get in touch with our Customer Support team, you can find a link to contact our Support team on the front page of our Help pages.

When posting in this thread and also when contacting our Support Team, it would be helpful if you could state what system you are playing the game on (i.e. PC, MAC or Mobile), so we can provide you with the appropriate support as quickly as possible.

*Finally, please reserve this thread for tech issues only. If you are seeking game play assistance (i.e. hints and tips), the best thing to do is to start a new thread in the game's Forum by clicking on 'Create New Discussion.'

bfgPanthalassa

nefra
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Myths of the World: Island of Forgotten Evil Collector's Edit

[Post New]by nefra on Aug 19, 16 10:26 PM
I just started to play again but the game won't let me go any further. I'm on a beach in Chapter V, I can't do anything and I can't leave the area. Any ideas. Thanks. Another game I can't finish because of glitches. Starting the get tired of spending money on games that don't work. But maybe not for much longer if this keeps happening and no fixes are done!

Edited on 08/19/2016 at 10:44:10 PM PST

Collydoll
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Myths of the World: Island of Forgotten Evil Collector's Editi

[Post New]by Collydoll on Aug 20, 16 3:24 AM
Im having the exact same problem and feel the same way! sick of paying top dollar for games that I cant finish, its the second one in a month..BF you guys have dropped the ball in sending these games to market too quickly..maybe give the beta testers the whole game first to try then rave about how amazing it is..yes Im a bit annoyed at $15 wasted!

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Myths of the World: Island of Forgotten Evil Collector's Editi

[Post New]by Annabellie126 on Aug 20, 16 11:07 AM
I m also stuck in the same place on the beach. Can't do anything, just have a question mark as a cursor and can't leave.

Re:Please post any TECH ISSUES for Myths of the World: Island of Forgotten Evil Collector's Edit

[Post New]by Old_Man_River on Aug 20, 16 3:05 PM
Have you opened the cave yet?

OOps, never mind wrong beach Sorry

Edited on 08/20/2016 at 3:07:20 PM PST

kayjay97
Starfish
Starfish
47 Posts

[Post New]by kayjay97 on Aug 21, 16 3:07 AM

I m also stuck in the same place on the beach. Can't do anything, just have a question mark as a cursor and can't leave.

Same here

lincslady
Starfish
Starfish
43 Posts

[Post New]by lincslady on Aug 21, 16 5:32 AM
I am stuck on the Beach in Chapter V too! Second game not to work properly in 2 weeks!!!!! Really fed up of this buying games that I can't finish!

lbtgam222
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
13 Posts

[Post New]by lbtgam222 on Aug 21, 16 7:46 AM
Please see the thread titled SPARKELING CURSER

Usually love Eipix games!

I don't know if it is a bug or something new they're trying but it needs to GO!

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Aug 21, 16 12:52 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thanks for taking the time to report what you are experiencing with this game here. The Forum Moderation Team uses these threads to help the appropriate teams with any technical issues that may arise in a game. It sounds like this particular game possibly has an issue with the beach area in Chapter V. I'm sorry that you are running into an issue that isn't allowing you to continue the game.

Usually, when a technical issue like this occurs, we like to reference our Help Pages as they are generally the fastest way to resolve common technical issues encountered with our games. It's possible that the following page might be able to help with this particular issue with the beach:

Run Game as Administrator

If that doesn't seem to help out, or if you'd like some personalized support for this situation, please be sure to get in contact with our Technical Support Team HERE with a Dr. Felix Report. Our Reps can gather data on and report issues to the right team, provide customized support not able to be provided on the forums, and they're always happy to help.

Thanks everyone for your patience,

bfgIlinalta

OnBreak
Minnow
Minnow
262 Posts

[Post New]by OnBreak on Aug 21, 16 1:01 PM
Im stuck at the same spot too.

MamaTraci
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by MamaTraci on Aug 21, 16 3:28 PM
I am stuck at the same beach. Went through the maze lady destroyed the bridge I needed to leave to I exited the game and can't move forward or back checked the user guide and it shows what needs to be done but nothing it shows is available for me to do.

nefra
Seahorse
Seahorse
29 Posts

[Post New]by nefra on Aug 21, 16 9:41 PM
I tried the admin fix but my computer is already set up for hidden files so that can't be it.

adnerbfaye
Seahorse
Seahorse
25 Posts

[Post New]by adnerbfaye on Aug 23, 16 11:54 AM
Me too. Stuck on the beach. This seems to be happening more often. I don't know if it is because the games are more complicated, or because they aren't taking time to screen them properly, but it is getting very frustrating.

J128
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by J128 on Aug 26, 16 8:31 PM
I too am stuck on the beach! All I get is a question mark...can't click on anything!

J128
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
10 Posts

[Post New]by J128 on Aug 29, 16 9:32 AM
I've read the thread for the issue several of us have experienced with this game, i.e. "stuck on the beach", but I haven't yet seen a BF response. Can we soon expect an update to correct this problem? Thank you.

[Post New]by lakuebeck on Aug 31, 16 2:57 PM
I am having the same issue, stuck on the beach, can not play the mini game with the light of valor to move on. I am already running as the administrator, tried to remove the game and reload and that did not work. I am using Windows 10

Edited on 08/31/2016 at 3:01:20 PM PST

pattyjo
Squid
Squid
69 Posts

[Post New]by pattyjo on Sep 1, 16 11:21 AM
I am having the same problem as everyone else. Can someone contact the designers ,"you folks at Big Fish " and tell them we need a patch asap for this game. It is not our computers, or windows 10 or anything else, If you forget the coin in the last frame you can't go back and you can't go forward . That is the problem, the blanket piece is not there the string is not there. There should always be a way to go back and pick up something you missed especially if you can't go forward with out it. Now you have 2 weeks to get it together or we will all require a refund.

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Sep 1, 16 4:38 PM
Hello Everyone,

Thank you for continuing to provide us the details and experiences of any issues found in this game. It sounds like there is a common issue with Chapter V's beach area or other areas in Chapter V, so I am going to take the contents of the threads here and those that are discussing this issue elsewhere and send them to the appropriate teams so that they have the information provided from them. If the Forum Moderation Team receives any information about this issue, we will be sure to provide that in this game's forum and also as a post here directed to that announcement.

In the meantime, if you are receiving this issue and are unable to progress past the beach in Chapter V or are receiving another similar issue and need assistance, I would like to recommend contacting our Support Team with a Dr. Felix Report. They are able to gather necessary information on what types of computers are being affected by the problem and deliver this information to the developer and other appropriate teams. They might also be able to provide customized troubleshooting steps to try that the forums are unable to give and are always happy to help.

Thank you all for your time and patience. The Forum Moderation Team will be sure to continue advocating for our players and continue to pass along any new information that is supplied here regarding this or other issues.

bfgIlinalta

Go to: