Daxadillion
Barracuda
Barracuda
3,292 Posts

Please post your REVIEWS for Myths of the World: Island of Forgotten Evil Collector's Edition here

[Post New]by Daxadillion on Aug 18, 16 12:36 AM
A thread for your reviews.

Edited on 08/18/2016 at 7:41:09 AM PST

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Myths of the World: Island of Forgotten Evil Collector's Edition h

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Aug 18, 16 7:40 AM
Hello everyone,

Welcome to the reviews thread! Please feel free to post your thoughts and feedback on Myths of the World: Island of Forgotten Evil Collector's Edition here. We appreciate the time you take to put your reviews together, and I know other gamers and the developers do as well. We just have a few guidelines to keep in mind when posting. Our goal with these is to keep the thread tidy, easy to navigate and helpful.

Review Guidelines

1) Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Myths of the World: Island of Forgotten Evil Collector's Edition.
2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.
3) Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.
4) Do not review developers. While we do appreciate your feedback, we’d ask that you keep your posts in this thread dedicated to the specific game at hand.

When posting reviews please be courteous and refrain from posting spoilers. If in the event that a spoiler is needed, please remember to post with white text and a warning. .

*Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review.

If you have any questions or concerns, please feel free to PM one of our Moderators.

bfgPanthalassa

NewRome
Seahorse
Seahorse
21 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Myths of the World: Island of Forgotten Evil Collector's Edition

[Post New]by NewRome on Aug 18, 16 7:45 AM

Edited on 08/19/2016 at 9:50:29 AM PST

kandinsky
Guppy
Guppy
166 Posts

why?

[Post New]by kandinsky on Aug 18, 16 6:14 PM
why am I mucking about in a dungeon again?
like many games this one is from one point of view fine
and state of the art and
from another point of view one asks oneself, I ask myself,
why the deuce am I involved in this silly story?
can they not make a new story of some kind.
arrrgh I say like charlie brown having run at the football
and had lucy pulling it away yet again.

Edited on 08/19/2016 at 11:48:45 AM PST

dancemom1
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,198 Posts

Re:Please post your REVIEWS for Myths of the World: Island of Forgotten Evil Collector's Edition

[Post New]by dancemom1 on Aug 18, 16 8:19 PM
Hi all! Wow, another Myth game. I have almost all of them, but this one just didn't do it for me. The graphics are nice, except when you are in a cut scene, then they are blurry. Same when you use the rune machine. Did not care for that at all. Colors weren't bad. Game play was very good and I had no problems during the demo. I beta tested this one a while back and wasn't kicked out about it then either. I see the devs didn't pay attention to any of the suggestions. There was very little interaction with any of the characters in the game, which made it seem like more of a walk through, and was somewhat boring. The voices overs, when we had them, weren't bad at all, but few and very far between. Hardly any sound FX, and the music got annoying very quickly.

I didn't run across very many HOPs either. They were clean and items were not difficult to find. I didn't see that you could switch to another game. The puzzles were extremely simple, even the ones I don't care for. Hint system is mostly helpful and there is a transport feature for longer jump locations. I did not care for the map either, very bland and not helpful at all. SG is the usual and standard version.

Collectibles are few, 42 harps, which are very easy to spot. Some are quite large. You also have morphing objects in the HOPs, which I accidentally found. Very disappointing collectibles.

I did like the opening scene to this game, which showed great promise, but it quickly went down hill. It is easy to overdo dialog, spoken or written, but this one was so quiet it was boring. Too bad, I really like this series. I do not feel this one is CE worthy and personally, I feel it is geared more toward the beginner than the seasoned gamer. I will recommend this game for beginners. I will put this one in my puddle and see if the SE makes a better game, but the CE is not for me.

As always, try it for yourself and see what you think. We all have different tastes in games and you may find this one to be exactly what you are looking for. Thanks for the reviews.

kgustavson
Clownfish
Clownfish
630 Posts

[Post New]by kgustavson on Aug 18, 16 10:42 PM
I have the same feeling I did when I did the beta - "meh". Art/visuals are great as always, the story line is kind of interesting, but the play itself is just lacking. Or it's just that it's the same old stuff, with a rather annoying gimmick thrown in as another friend has mentioned. Think I'll pass on this one for now; maybe with a good members' sale (like we see those anymore! ).

Happy gaming fishies

bfgPanthalassa
Flounder
Flounder
2,450 Posts

[Post New]by bfgPanthalassa on Aug 20, 16 10:58 AM
Hi Everyone,

The Forum Moderation Team certainly appreciates receiving feedback from our users, and we understand wanting to find answers for questions in the forums. However, I do want to post a quick reminder of the Review Guidelines. As specified in my initial post in this thread:

Be sure to keep your reviews on-topic. Reviews in this thread should only be commenting on Myths of the World: Island of Forgotten Evil Collector's Edition.

Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

Do not respond to someone else’s reviews with questions or comments. If you have any feedback about a review, or you feel that a review contains incorrect details about the game, please contact the poster directly via PM.

We ask that people please keep this thread reserved solely for reviews of the game. This way we can help to keep it tidy and easy to navigate. If anyone has any other comments or questions, please feel free to create a new thread in the forum, or to PM an active Moderators. We're always happy to help.

Thank you for your understanding.

bfgPanthalassa

Beingknown
Salmon
Salmon
2,670 Posts

"Evil can only be restricted"...Oh My!

[Post New]by Beingknown on Aug 21, 16 2:28 PM
GREETINGS FELLOW FISHIES!

I am taking a quick dip into the pond today to share my thoughts and feelings about Myths Of The World: Island of Forgotten Evil.

I had the pleasure of playing the beta version of this game and am happy to see that EIPIX whose motto is, “Creating worlds” has certainly created another entertaining world for us to play in. I appreciate and enjoy that this game starts in a condition of emergency wherein we are challenged to escape a burning building. With its exciting cinematic style and appropriately tense musical soundtrack, we immediately know we are in for an adventure.

In this game, we have an opportunity to collect lyres and morphs. While it is nice that the map transports and indicates the presence of available tasks, I wish there were an indication as to whether or not a given scene has remaining collectibles in it.

For me, it is the adventure aspects and mini-games and puzzles that either make or break a particular game’s entertainment value. In this game while the mini games are entertaining, I do wish they could have offered just a bit more of a challenge. Having said that, overall they were quite fun to play and the puzzles enjoyable to solve.

The graphics were well drawn, however they would have benefitted from a higher level of detail and a wider array of color variation. For me, this game is a bit monochromatic. It is fun however that certain objects within the scenes respond when we touch them.

The HOG scenes are well defined and most objects are easy enough to locate without undo squinting and eye strain. This game has a fairly good balance of HOGs to mini-games. I think most HOG lovers will enjoy this game. For those of us who prefer the adventure aspects of games, I do wish EIPIX would offer us alternative game play to the HOGs.

Overall, Myths Of The World: Island of Forgotten Evil is an enjoyable, atmospheric game with great background and environmental sounds.

HAPPY GAMING! ~B!

Edited on 08/21/2016 at 2:41:33 PM PST

nextgengranny
Minnow
Minnow
273 Posts

[Post New]by nextgengranny on Aug 21, 16 6:14 PM
As a fan of this series, this installment is a definite "miss" for me. As usual w/ this dev, the graphics are quite good, but I've got to the point (like many, I believe) where I require more than a pretty game w/ (hopefully) at least a few really good mini-games & HO scenes. The storyline thus far (I did the demo) isn't grabbing me, the collectibles are too easily spotted & lacking in variety to add any quality, & to add insult to injury, there's a device one is compelled to use - repeatedly - which is time-consuming w/o being challenging or fun (I would be happy w/ either). It really is too bad, because there were a couple mini-games already that I enjoyed, one for the challenge, the other for the charm, but that's not enough to outweigh the cons thus far. I'll revisit this when the SE comes out, but the CE is definitely not for me.

Edited on 08/21/2016 at 6:16:11 PM PST

Aerosage
Lobster
Lobster
81 Posts

[Post New]by Aerosage on Aug 24, 16 10:37 AM

Edited on 08/24/2016 at 10:56:22 AM PST

bfgIlinalta
3,807 Posts

[Post New]by bfgIlinalta on Aug 24, 16 12:03 PM
Hello Everybody,

Thank you for taking the time to review this game and let everyone know what you experiences were while playing! I just wanted to swim by to remind everyone when posting to be sure to follow our Forum Rules and also this thread's Review Guidelines when posting here, specifically:

Treat others with respect. Harassing, attacking, threatening, provoking, calling unwanted attention to, name-calling, insulting, or bothering other users, moderators, or Big Fish employees on the forums will not be tolerated. Play nice.

2) Be respectful of the reviewers. Please keep in mind our Forum Rules and be respectful of our reviewers. They take the time to post here to be helpful. Please do not review the reviews of others.

As stated in the Review Guidelines, Moderators will be removing any content in this thread that is not a review. So be sure to review only the game when posting to this thread or other Review threads on the forums. Furthermore, we ask that everyone respect one another while posting and try not to review each other's reviews on this thread. By following these rules, we can all help create an easily-accessible way for other players to discover games they would personally like.

Thanks everyone for your time and understanding, and if you have any questions, feel free to contact any of the active Moderators. We're happy to listen and help out as best we can.

bfgIlinalta

SquirrelGirrrl
Guppy
Guppy
193 Posts

[Post New]by SquirrelGirrrl on Aug 30, 16 12:26 AM
I wish they would get rid of the sparkly trail that follows the cursor everywhere. It is really annoying!!

plat1098
Minnow
Minnow
208 Posts

[Post New]by plat1098 on Sep 1, 16 8:05 AM
Wow, as someone who (a.) isn't a dedicated HOP player, and (b). not a fan of this developer, I enjoyed this one for a change. Technically, it's not as advanced as some of their other offerings that I didn't enjoy, but it has a coherent story line, decent graphics and sound, smooth game play, cute HOPs and mini games that I actually played without diving for the SKIP button.

If one isn't playing this genre of game all the time, I suggest to give it a whirl at least, based on just the demo--who knows what transpires beyond that. I liked it!

Go to: