mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

Price Increases for Boosts in latest update

[Post New]by mpendo on Aug 18, 16 9:00 AM
This list of new prices is for folks whom haven't updated yet. You will need many many boosts, coins, skill and luck to get through Woodlands.

Hammers - 100
Trinket - 130
*Magic Wand - 510
*Flash - 450
Wind - 350
TNT - 230
*Cascade - 450
Tornado - 150
*Rockets Red Glare - 350
*Fireworks - 1090
Wave - 300
Dropper - 150
Fire Burst - 250
Net - 120
Shuffle - 100
+5 Moves - 150
Defreeze - 300

I have highlighted the ones I think are most important.

I no longer buy Fireworks. Instead I buy Rockets because you get 3 randomly placed when your game starts. Then you use hammers, luck or skill to create a hz, vert or trinket beside the Firework. Try to do that 3 times and you've pretty much cleared most any board 3X and rung up a decent score. The Rockets are 1/9 the cost of the Firework. Hammers and trinkets are the same price as before. You will probably need 50-100 hammers to get to Level 79. Another 100 to do all 3 stages of level 79.

Good luck to all.

Cheers

Edited on 08/18/2016 at 4:34:37 PM PST

linda43416
Guppy
Guppy
143 Posts

Re:Price Increases for Boosts in latest update

[Post New]by linda43416 on Aug 18, 16 10:49 AM
thank you, mpendo, I think your description of what is needed to get through Woodlands is pretty accurate!

Edited on 08/18/2016 at 10:49:32 AM PST

[Post New]by jasperB on Aug 18, 16 11:03 PM
Hi, mpendo.
I'm sure I'm not the only one who thinks the new increased prices for boosts is outrageous. 1090 for Fireworks? Come on... this is nonsense. And what's happened to the daily boosts from the firefly flats or whatever it was [done away with in previous upgrade, I think]?
I'm not even going to mention level 79 here.
Fast becoming a fun game ruined by greedy producers, methinks.

[Post New]by yhtac581 on Aug 24, 16 3:18 PM
No you are not!Seriously, the boost prices are too high, while the coins we earn continue to decrease. Crazy wheel used to give 45 coins but now its 25. It takes me several days to earn enough money to play a decent go.
When you update a game, aren't you suppose to make it better? Leave the outfits alone!!!!Before the first update, I had the great prince and the dinosaur! And the Great Prince kicked hiney all day long. I have almost earned him back, but now, he is not Great-butterflies instead of more health! Every time they update, we lose alot and pay more! Fix what is broken and leave the rest alone. Robin Good used to help me make points to finish a level-now he weakens the enemy. What good does this do when I am trying to clear the third round of a level. I refuse to put anymore real money into this game. However, I am getting so bored collecting coins until I can play or buy boosts. I am seriously thinking of giving this one up. Elephant is letting us down. Mystery Castle isn't doing all this and it's an Elephant game. I am a teacher and we haven't gotten raises in years. I won't go broke on a game.

mpendo
Pufferfish
Pufferfish
1,477 Posts

[Post New]by mpendo on Aug 25, 16 4:31 AM
yhtac - I agree what they have done to our warriors and their skins is shameful. If you have earned something in a game, they should not have the right to take it away in an update.

Otherwise I'm happy after the recent update. Sometimes I do just coast along to build up coins and devise a strategy for my next assault.

Cheers

eli173
Manatee
Manatee
3,645 Posts

[Post New]by eli173 on Aug 25, 16 6:20 AM
mpendo wrote:yhtac - I agree what they have done to our warriors and their skins is shameful. If you have earned something in a game, they should not have the right to take it away in an update.

I fully agree. Not only that, but some outfits have been rendered practically useless: At the rate the outfit points are collected, by the time I collect all of them, I will have finished the game!

tj1147
Clownfish
Clownfish
654 Posts

[Post New]by tj1147 on Aug 26, 16 12:35 PM
I'm so glad I haven't updated yet! I've been collecting (slowly) coins to buy boosts before I do update. I have several of the bolded ones above, but will keep replaying "old" levels and working on rewards while playing "arena", spinning the wheel and selling bees for some coins to buy a few more boosts before I take that big step! I guess the cards are useless in the newest level? I have all but one or two on a couple of pages and none at all on one page of the album but don't want to spend precious coins to buy packages in hopes of finishing the album. In all four of the first levels I did not get a single epic card.

I really enjoyed the game when I started as we got three worlds to start. Then, with the "upgrades/updates" the changes were SO dramatic! I do think it is good to change things about to make it a little harder with each new level but so many changes each time is too much! At any rate, I still like playing and will keep on as long as I can (and hope next changes won't be so significant!).

WANJR
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
14 Posts

[Post New]by WANJR on Aug 27, 16 7:05 PM
Yes you have made it too much to keep playing. am deleting your game to much hassle to play - no longer enjoyable -- GOOD-BYE

Go to: