Level 6.8

[Post New]by Cindilou2 on Aug 19, 16 12:48 PM
Level 6.8 is eating my lunch. Specifically, how can you clear out the red cell in the upper right corner when it is surrounded by green only cells? Any help would be appreciated.

SynthpopAddict
Manatee
Manatee
3,966 Posts

Re:Level 6.8

[Post New]by SynthpopAddict on Aug 19, 16 4:00 PM
Welcome to the pond!

Here's my strategy for 6-8 from a different thread. You don't work on the upper right corner until you've cleared the arrows and bombs out from the bottom first. It's a "build in, clear out" technique which you also have to use to clear the three arrows in the bottom right.

1) Clear the arrow at bottom left.

2) Bomb rises one row. Explode bomb.

3) Put three scales (I'll call them A, B, and C for the colors) onto the three arrows at bottom right. In the diagram below, the three arrows are the A, B, and C in regular font. Next, wait for a scale set to match the colors on the top and right arrows to create this pattern (letters in bold):

xxxxxxx

xxxxxxxxA

AxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxB
xxxxxxxxB
Cxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx [any]

4) Clear color A then clear blocking scales. Clear color B.

5) Clear blocking scales again; clear color C. Don't forget that you'll need to get rid of scales elsewhere in more reachable parts of the board so it doesn't lock up.

6) Work your way into the red patterned scale near the top right to clear it. To reach the last bomb, either set up green scales into the spots using the dedicated green spaces, or work your way into the three open spaces of the "corridor" until you get three of the same color on the bomb.

7) Clear out the last red patterned tile. This is easiest to do if you place a scale set that has red in the middle into the three spots around the red in the upper left so there will be only one blocking scale to clear out in order to reach the red.

Go to: