What is the deal with hidden object games?

[Post New]by Malicia323 on Aug 19, 16 12:57 PM
I don't get why there are made so many hidden object games? They are all the way boring, and it takes so much time to play through them. If I see anything about hidden object in a game, it makes me without wondering click away, and never look at it again. If there are made so many games with hidden object, people have to like them, and I don't understand that. Why??

Re:What is the deal with hidden object games?

[Post New]by jenibeth22 on Sep 3, 16 6:04 AM
It's all in the challenge of finding all the objects though, in my case, I am very unobservant and they have helped me to improve my powers of observation.

[Post New]by laylajones on Nov 11, 16 4:18 PM
I like the challenge of finding all of the objects, and in the adventure type HOGs, there is a storyline that can be quite engrossing. Besides "just finding hidden objects", there are many mini puzzles and interactive storylines.

ccostly
Squid
Squid
79 Posts

[Post New]by ccostly on Dec 12, 16 5:30 PM
I find them relaxing...

[Post New]by PE_JamesK on Mar 14, 17 5:23 AM
I share the sentiment of bewilderment at the fascination over hidden object games held by do many players, particularly Big Fish members. I work in the industry, so I'm sort of forced to have them (the games) to a certain degree. But they seem like only half of a game; incomplete, like there should be more to them, but there isn't. I'm not saying that they're simple in any way, or that they lack challenge. I know from problems other players have they can pose a daunting challenge at times. Sadly, a product of my over-stimulated generation, I must not have the patience to sit through the entirety of a single one that I've tried thus far.

unclepaul
Parrotfish
Parrotfish
467 Posts

[Post New]by unclepaul on Mar 26, 17 2:07 PM
As well it is probably easier to program HOG games as you just need the objects colored to be close to the background and then place them in the suitable location and then map an area around them where clicking will discover that "hidden" object.

It is easier to use the same template mechanism and just change the backgrounds and objects.

In the case of TM games and arcade games there may be a different set of rules for each game depending on how the games are set up.

[Post New]by puddin75 on Mar 26, 17 2:15 PM
I love hidden object games.They are my favorite.

[Post New]by KSugh1 on Apr 12, 17 8:31 PM
They are so relaxing to me! I just wish they offered more of the plain hidden object games, like Cruise Director, Park Ranger, etc. and less of the adventure HOG's......just a matter of preference. The adventure ones are very clever, but I just like a simple story line and finding hidden objects.

Go to: