bfgFlounder
12,864 Posts

Annie's Millions

[Post New]by bfgFlounder on Mar 10, 10 12:05 AM
How well do you think you could spend one million dollars? Go on a million dollar spending spree and find out in Annie's Million's, an engaging Hidden Object challenge! Join Annie as she tries to spend one million dollars faster and more wisely than her cousins in a week-long challenge presented by her Uncle. If she wins, she'll inherit her Uncle's entire fortune! If she loses . . . well, shopping with a million dollars is still fun!

LilyCat
Minnow
Minnow
220 Posts

Re:Annie's Millions

[Post New]by LilyCat on Mar 10, 10 1:49 AM
Hmmm. Odd game this. Straight HOG as far as I can see.

See being the operative word - I found myself guessing a lot of the time as many objects, even those in plain view, are quite hard to make out. Fortunately you can earn extra hints by playing mini games at any time, though these all seem to be related to guessing the price of various items.

I can't quite see the point of the game - you're supposed to spend one million dollars "wisely" but you have no choice in what you get, and end up with a pile of junk. Still, maybe your uncle has something up his sleeve?

BTW, there is replay value in this - I skipped the initial chat, then couldn't work out what was going on, went back under a different name, still couldn't work out what was going on. But the list of items in the store was quite different.

Not one for me, but if you're addicted to games like "The Price is Right" you may have some fun with it.

[Post New]by ChristmasEve on Mar 10, 10 2:32 AM
I downloaded the game and clicked play now on the game manager, but the game won't come up. I uninstalled it and reinstalled and same problem. If I click the play now a second time a thing comes up stating that another game is playing. Anybody else having problems with the game running?

lineck
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,140 Posts

[Post New]by lineck on Mar 10, 10 3:56 AM
This reminds me of the Big City Adventure type game If you like that type then you will like this, I think.
I am still trying to get through the Big City Vancouver, Keep going back to it when I have nothing else, will get it finished some time but find it personally boring. No buy here, and I have five credits in total and they are burning a hole in my pocket. it is been a big dryyyy for me.

Cheers
lineck

Laflamme
Stingray
Stingray
4,512 Posts

[Post New]by Laflamme on Mar 10, 10 4:23 AM
"And here, poor fool, I stand once more,
no wiser than I was before."

(Johann Wolfgang von Goethe, Faust)

I am supposed to spend a million, played through half the scenes and have spent about 5000. Either that bar above scrolls on or she will have to pick it up soon. Still waiting for the morale of the story - I hope there is one.

By the way, sometimes I was rather puzzled about what the words are, in the antiques shop or the food store I encountered stuff I've never heard before. But then again, rather than looking at the word list I was searching for stuff that seems out of place on the picture. And in like 80% of all cases that was on the list.

Bottom Line: Not too bad, but far from outstanding. Will consider if I need a 6th game.

bailey8877
Guppy
Guppy
122 Posts

[Post New]by bailey8877 on Mar 10, 10 4:25 AM
I have played this game before and I still didn't find it much fun. Very basic HOG.
Think of it like a version of 'Big City Adventures' with out any of the things that make it fun.
This game is way too easy. If you just look at the screen you can find most of the items with out even knowing whats on your shopping list.

OLDBAY
Clownfish
Clownfish
629 Posts

[Post New]by OLDBAY on Mar 10, 10 5:14 AM
I think if you play 1 Annie's Million's , know need to play another ..,,If this is new ? It doesn't look any different ...from the other one that has been around for ages ..So I'm not even going to bother...I'm not saving millions ..but I am saving money ..due to the lack of enjoyable games to buy ...This is a beginners hog ..Need better bait to catch this fish...

irishmist
Starfish
Starfish
48 Posts

[Post New]by irishmist on Mar 10, 10 5:39 AM
Isn't this the same game that was released in Feburary 2009?

[Post New]by porambo707 on Mar 10, 10 6:06 AM
It was alright. I played the full trial but found it to be an easy, basic HOG with a predictable story line.

The one thing that I did enjoy was that I could earn my hints through the mini games when I needed them. I also liked the various scenes. I didn't have to revisit and re-search the same scene over and over.

Although one down side was half the time I didn't have to read the list because the hidden objects stood out from the rest of the background and were a bit too predictable.

The graphics were not the best but still recognizable. Which doesn't really matter because there is no "clicking penalty".

This probably won't be a buy for me. Might consider it for a 2.99 game.This is just one of those games you keep on the side to kill some time.

Edited on 03/10/2010 at 6:08:57 AM PST

[Post New]by lil_barracuda on Mar 10, 10 6:36 AM
I am enjoying it. Its a cute, fun game.

Edited on 03/10/2010 at 6:37:16 AM PST

cll1950
Angelfish
Angelfish
1,099 Posts

[Post New]by cll1950 on Mar 10, 10 6:43 AM
I got this game free and deleated in the middle of round 5. First, the graphics are so bad, you pretty much (as was said above) look for things that stand out. Half the time the only way I knew what I had found was by checking the list to see the name. They called a boom box an 8-track and many other items were just as misleading. The characters kept poping in to talk in the middle of the scene and never had anything to say but small talk. The same silly small talk inbetween chapters.

Come on, she has a million dollars to spend and go to a cheesy dollar type store?
I finally turned the sound down so I didn't have to hear the bad music.
I would have loved it if I had gotten some choice in stores and in items chosen.
Wise shopping, I don't think so.

As mentiond in the above post, the concept of clicking a button and playing a mini game to earn a hint was a plus. But that's the only thing I liked about the game. They even ruined that buy spinning the items around and makeing you do a silly tutoial every time you chose a game.

All in all it was a pretty horrible game.
It was safe for kids and maybe interesting for someone under ten or so.

Edited on 03/10/2010 at 6:45:46 AM PST

[Post New]by grandmagamer49 on Mar 10, 10 3:08 PM
One word "boring". Deleted after 5 min. of play.

kemvball
Jellyfish
Jellyfish
12 Posts

[Post New]by kemvball on Mar 10, 10 10:57 PM
Besides being really easy I finished the entire thing in the demo period. Waayyy to short!

Go to: